Disney's Cinemagine Park (DHS Name Change)

John Gallagher

DVC Member and Annual Passholder
Rumors are out that Disney's Hollywood Studios could change its name to Disney's Cinemagine Park. How does everyone feel about this? Any better suggestions?

I saw that Len Testa said that he believes that Disney has settled on this name. Does Len Testa have a good track record?

EPCOT is an acronym. Cinemagine is a bunch of word fragments perversely crammed together. One is legitimate in the English language, the other is... atrocious.
I know just pointing out that a park name doesn't have to be an actual word. Tokyo DisneySea for example is not a word but two words put together.

I know just pointing out that a park name doesn't have to be an actual word. Tokyo DisneySea for example is not a word but two words put together.

Not even in the same ballpark. Disney and Sea are words. Separate words, put together. It's a simple compound word and it works. This is like if they named it "Tokyo Disea."

Cinemagine is hard to read, hard to say, and it's weird because "imagine" doesn't start with an "e". If it did, this name wouldn't be AS terrible. When I quickly glance at the word, my brain goes to "champagne." I don't know why.

Not even in the same ballpark. Disney and Sea are words. Separate words, put together. It's a simple compound word and it works. This is like if they named it "Tokyo Disea."

Cinemagine is hard to read, hard to say, and it's weird because "imagine" doesn't start with an "e". If it did, this name wouldn't be AS terrible. When I quickly glance at the word, my brain goes to "champagne." I don't know why.
Eh it’s still a rumor. I’m not too worried yet and it’s not the worst one they could’ve went with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!