Disney's Cinemagine Park (DHS Name Change)

Blech. Surely to goodness they could have come up with something better than this. And for that matter, what on earth do they keep changing the name for, anyways?

I guess as long as the "Studios" name goes away. It has nothing to do with a movie studio anymore (hasn't in many years (even when the Backlot Express still existed as that ride was a shell of its original)).
I'm not a huge fan of "Cinemagine" .. just feels like there is a lot better names.

I just want to know what their vision is for the rest of the park beyond SWGE and Toy Story Land.

It's gross.

Cinema Adventure
Imagination Kingdom
Hell, why not
- Disney's Empire

I am glad the Hollywood part of the name is staying, but disappointing that the studio part of the name isn't changing (as they only remants of the old studio theme is the giant warehouse building that most of the old attractions are in), but at the same time, they probably just want to:

1) Avoid confusion-- non-frequent guests may think this is a whole new park (a 5th gate).
2) Keep the competitive contrast with Universal Studios (even though they both have abandoned the "making of movies" theme, this is Disney's version of a park with movie-IP-based rides)
3) Keep the Hollywood name since 1/3 of the park is "old Hollywood" themed (and will probably continue to be .. forever). (The only sections of the park I see getting future makeovers is the part of Echo Lake by Indy and Star Tours .. and the Animation Courtyard area (and surrounding attractions).
4) Save tons of money by not having to change merchandise, promotional materials, signage all over the resort, etc. etc. etc.

Obviously they've changed the park name before, but that was so long ago, that it has been Hollywood Studios longer than it was MGM.

Is it really the end of the world if they keep it as Hollywood Studios when it’s not an active ‘studio’ anymore. Universal studios Orlando isn’t really a working studio either, but its brand is worth more.

I think most regular guests would prefer it stays as Hollywood Studios

Last edited:
Yea I thought the use of Hyperia instead of Hyperion was strange in the original survey too. Think it has a great sound to it and history. They haven't stuck to it with any names in WDW but they have used it for multiple things like the Hyperion Theater and Hyperion Bridge at DLR.
I totally forgot that was one of the proposed names. Can't forget Kaleidoscope Park though :rotfl2:

Didn't know if everyone saw this posted on the other thread, but Disney has announced that the name will remain Disney's Hollywood Studios for the foreseeable future.

"In response to questions we have been receiving, we also want to let fans know that the Disney’s Hollywood Studios name will remain the same for the foreseeable future since we are immersing our guests in a place where imagined worlds of Hollywood unfold around them from movies and music, to television and theater."

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ok-at-toy-story-lands-alien-swirling-saucers/

Since the whole original rumor came from "a source" who supposedly did a "focus group survey" that offered up "screenshots" of “potential” (mostly dumb) names ..... who went to Mickey Views because they thought people should know.... :confused3 Mickey Views has managed to get "breaking" video/photo/news from folks and is fun to watch .............. but I think this one was likely a spammer .......... and it took on a life of it's own. Lots jumped on the bandwagon without any credible source, without any verification or any other participants in this special focus group ... but it's good for clicks. Ah, the DisInternet ..... :rolleyes: At no time did I believe it was a credible source, just someone having a good laugh at the rumor they started. And now Disney themselves had to shut the rumor mill down. Impressive.

This was what started it all ...

Last edited:
Since the whole original rumor came from "a source" who supposed did a "focus group survey" that offered up "screenshots" of potential (mostly dumb) names ..... to Mickey Views. Mickey Views has managed to get "breaking" video/photo/news from folks and is fun to watch .............. but I think this one was likely a spammer .......... and it took on a life of it's own. Lots jumped on the bandwagon without any credible source, without any verification or any other participants in this special focus group ... but it's good for clicks. Ah, the DisInternet ..... :rolleyes: At no time did I believe it was a credible source, just someone having a good laugh at the rumor they started. And now Disney themselves had to shut the rumor mill down. Impressive.

This was what started it all ...

Mickey Views did not start it all. Bob Iger did. Back in 2015? At an investor meeting he said the park's name will change. This survey then came out and several sources picked up on that not just Mickey Views. After that about two weeks ago or so Jim Hill said they were locked in on Cinemagine as the name. Several major media sources picked that up and ran with it. Then that leads us to today where Disney says the name is not changing for the foreseeable future. That doesn't mean never though. That is how it went down.

I have heard this could have been a potential purposeful leak by Disney partly due to their being no clear cut potential name change.

Hopefully they have realised that all the other names they were thinking were so bad that it's better to keep it as it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter