Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I currently have a standard view at the Poly and would like to upgrade to a CL room should one becomes available. My neighbor, who stayed there a few years ago, still speaks negatively about the lounge and is trying to steer me away from the upgrade. She said it is akin to the club lounge at Universal Orlando's Hard Rock Hotel with the noisy crowd, insufficient seating, and bare-foot children running amok. I personally don't mind the noise or the rambunctious children. But I would prefer not to wait in line for, say 10 to 15 minutes, to pick up a tiny morsel of food. Has anyone visited the club lounge at Hard Rock Hotel? Please tell me that the Poly is much better!

Minnie......I have stayed both HRH CL and Poly CL. I actually experienced what your neighbor was saying about her stay at HRH CL. Poly is so much better in my opinion.... The Poly lounge was busy at times, but I never stood in line for food or drink for 15 minutes like I did at HRH. I love the CL cast members too we experienced. Very helpful at all times. We always managed to find seating at any time of the day we went. And the view is by far the best part!! Have fun!:goodvibes

GADisneydad....I love how you are so detailed in your reviews. It really points out things that I would have never thought to ask but probably need to know. Don't change a thing!!! And have fun at Contemporary in the spring. Our family will be there soon in January. :cool1:

I apologize if this has already been mentioned, but we are on day four of six at AKL CL and they have had two soup options out each day of our stay so far, which is amazing, since now lunch is covered too ;). The CMs are saying that they were told it’s a temporary thing while the weather is cooler, but I am crossing my fingers that this trend becomes permanent!

I apologize if this has already been mentioned, but we are on day four of six at AKL CL and they have had two soup options out each day of our stay so far, which is amazing, since now lunch is covered too ;). The CMs are saying that they were told it’s a temporary thing while the weather is cooler, but I am crossing my fingers that this trend becomes permanent!
Agree, the soups are amazing! We were there a few days after Thanksgiving and they had a wonderful chicken curry soup. So good!

Oh there back, unless I’m there then they go bye bye...but for my Fam and DIS Pals I’ll save some!

:goodvibes

Hope you're having a great time and enjoying AKL CL :).

We are very excited to be staying at BWI CL next month and I was wondering if anyone has experienced the club level offerings with food allergies? Any experiences you have to share would be very appreciated.

No experience with food allergies, but wanted to say I hope you have a great time. Had my first BWI CL stay this past June and it was amazing! Have a great trip :wizard:.

Just back from a quick WL trip. We had a king room on the 6th floor, courtyard view, and it was just a quick trip down the hall a bit and up a flight of (very garbage-smelling) stairs to the club lounge on the 7th floor.

The good:
- lounge is probably the nicest and most spacious of any lounge we’ve seen
- due to the small number of rooms, the lounge was also the quietest and emptiest of any we’ve seen, with ample seating even at peak times, even though the hotel was officially full
- CMs were friendly
- gorgeous holiday decorations
- easy to find your way around; logical layout with comparatively short hallways
- we had great luck with boats and buses, no problems or lengthy waits (although it’s a seemingly long trip to get anywhere but MK)
- pool was conveniently located, lifeguards were friendly, not Stormalong Bay by any means but better than BWI

The not-so-good:
- the rooms are small, need a refurb and they’re very noisy; you can hear everything going on, including the hourly geyser eruption and every detail of your neighbours’ activities (especially flushing toilets)
- the CL food was meh, and not nearly as good as what we had at BWI in October, especially at breakfast (a shrimp dish Sunday night was the only exception, everything else was highly forgettable or not to our tastes and food preferences)
- Roaring Forks was even more meh; we went to grab a bite to eat after not finding anything we liked in the lounge the first night, and we were sorry we did (Bavarian sausage was an especially poor rendition, should have waited until we got to Epcot the next day)

We’d possibly stay there again for a holiday trip where we were mainly doing MK and the Xmas party, but it’s not at the top of our list, mainly due to the lengthy ride to other parks and the lack of food that suited us in CL. BWI still wins for food, but BC/YC is still our overall favourite.

So I posted yesterday about the poor RPC choices and no protein dish. I think someone must be reading here because they made up for it tonight. :) Greek meatballs, some crusted tuna, beef (like thin sliced price rib) with horseradish and kids chicken nuggets. All REALLY good!! the mozzarella and tomato salad was really good, too.

Interestingly after some time to digest, we had dinner at 1900 tonight, and we now see where everything comes from. The beef was similar to the sliced prime rib, and basically all the desserts were the same as the club desserts last night. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, we actually liked most of the food at 1900 (Mongolian beef... GOOD!)

The desserts themselves are just okay to us, but people’s tastes differ, so that’s okay. Probably better for us. ;)

So I posted yesterday about the poor RPC choices and no protein dish. I think someone must be reading here because they made up for it tonight. :) Greek meatballs, some crusted tuna, beef (like thin sliced price rib) with horseradish and kids chicken nuggets. All REALLY good!! the mozzarella and tomato salad was really good, too.

Interestingly after some time to digest, we had dinner at 1900 tonight, and we now see where everything comes from. The beef was similar to the sliced prime rib, and basically all the desserts were the same as the club desserts last night. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, we actually liked most of the food at 1900 (Mongolian beef... GOOD!)

The desserts themselves are just okay to us, but people’s tastes differ, so that’s okay. Probably better for us. ;)

We are currently here at GF RPC too and I agree about the food - today has been the best of our 3 days so far thought the Tomato Florentine soup the other day was delicious

You had me at Chicken nuggets... :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter