Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

DH and I have just booked our first ever CL room at AK this summer. We are DVC and it is only for one night just to treat ourselves to a little getaway. We won't be going to the parks because our passes will most likely be blocked out, so will probably just go to DS and shop, or relax at the resort. I have been trying to read through these 1328 pages but it is just overwhelming. Any advice for a first timer would be greatly appreciated. We are 23 years DVC so are used to being on our own for everything when it comes to our room.

• I am gathering you get nightly turn down service if I am reading correctly? (like going on a Disney cruise)
  • You are free to wander in and out of the lounge throughout the day, but if you would like a 'drink' and they are not out you can request them? How do you do that - is there usually a CM there to ask or do you call someone?
  • Can you bring the food from the lounge back to your room?
  • @Wood Nymph you mentioned they might call to ask about drinks in the fridge in your room. I am guessing you are referring to bottle of water and cans of soda or juice? is that correct?
  • Last - I see some back and forth on tipping. DH is concerned, we have no issues tipping, but have been told by an acquaintance no don't tip at the lounge. We don't want to get CM in trouble, but if we feel we are treated well and want to leave a few dollars is it OK?
Thank you in advance for your help
We will be at AKL CL for the first time in July 😊 thank you for asking all the questions I wanted to know 👍 have a great trip!

AKL is my home resort and we've been lucky enough to stay CL a few times. The best part is that the lounge is on the same floor as your room. Turn down service is hit or miss, and I think it now only happens if you request it. I could be wrong, but that's what we encountered when we were there in 2018. There will be several CMs working in the lounge area, so you should have no issues requesting a drink if the one you'd like isn't out. They are very friendly and usually go out of their way to help you. As for tipping in the lounge, I've never done it, and I'm pretty sure that they're supposed to decline the offer if presented with a tip. Enjoy your stay! I absolutely love everything about that lounge.

We just got back from staying in a club level studio at AKL earlier this month. We received turn down service every evening. If we were out of the room they left our itinerary for the next day and a couple chocolates for us. If we were in the room they handed us the itinerary and asked if we wanted our chocolates, they carried them around in a small soft sided lunch box and gave a nice handful each time. Not sure what the SOP is for the regular CL rooms.

The DVC rooms are the same level as the lounge, have never had fridge stocking offered and the lounge is so close it seems unnecessary.

CMs are always around to request an alcoholic beverage, I suggest asking for it to-go so that you can take it to the pool if you want, and if they use the larger to go cups you get more beverage than if they use the glass cups or smaller to-go cups.

Feel free to bring food and drink back to the room.

Welllll....months ago....the powers that be were in MDE, putting in discounts apparently. The story has it that an AP discount was added early and incorrectly and then disappeared in less than an hour. I and others happened to be in MDE when this crazy BWI Garden Cottage discount appeared. It's roughly a $1200 per night room and the discount was like 70%...I think we're paying about $380 per night:)

Needless to say, those of us that got lucky have saved our documentation proving the rate but I also read that someone actually called in to double check and was told they will honor the crazy rate.
I check in to our 70% off BWI garden cottage room on Wednesday...I’m still not 100% sure we’ll get sheets and housekeeping, but I’ll take it...

I check in to our 70% off BWI garden cottage room on Wednesday...I’m still not 100% sure we’ll get sheets and housekeeping, but I’ll take it...
:rotfl2:

2 of my friends got it for early March. I was online at the time and couldnt find it. I wasn't in the AP section! Still kicking myself lol.

At least I got a nice 1 br villa at RR with the 40%off for pres weekend which is a good rate for that weekend:flower1:

Thank you for sharing! We've got a BWI deluxe room reserved for early December...our annual Christmas trip. Needless to say, right now we're booked at rack rate but will be hoping an AP discount comes our way. Usually the Cottages are discounted too so we'll see what we think in April relative to which room we decide on for December.
My son has a deluxe room for our family trip in March. When is your trip in December? We go early December every year to for my birthday.

Hi there 😊 I just upgraded to AKL club level Savannah view!! So excited!!! What floor are these rooms on? Same floor as the lounge? How are the Savannah views? I've stayed at AKL twice before a long time ago, but never CL. Any tips would be greatly appreciated ☺

DVC club level rooms are on the 6th floor with the Lounge. If you booked a cash room direct with Disney, then you will not be on the 6th floor. I think you will be on the 4th floor. Of course, I could be totally off-except the DVC part.

Also, we only have turn down service one night of our CL stay out of 4. We did not receive a "welcome" gift either which is not the norm. This is for our cash stays. We have never had our fridge stocked, however they have given us a couple of coke zeros to take back and the staff was always great in the lounge.

We are now DVC owners at AKV and I have CL booked for September.

We just got back from staying in a club level studio at AKL earlier this month. We received turn down service every evening. If we were out of the room they left our itinerary for the next day and a couple chocolates for us. If we were in the room they handed us the itinerary and asked if we wanted our chocolates, they carried them around in a small soft sided lunch box and gave a nice handful each time. Not sure what the SOP is for the regular CL rooms.

The DVC rooms are the same level as the lounge, have never had fridge stocking offered and the lounge is so close it seems unnecessary.

CMs are always around to request an alcoholic beverage, I suggest asking for it to-go so that you can take it to the pool if you want, and if they use the larger to go cups you get more beverage than if they use the glass cups or smaller to-go cups.

Feel free to bring food and drink back to the room.

We did get an itinerary, but like I said, the turn down service was hit or miss that time. For us, it wasn't something that we needed, but it's always a nice touch. Maybe we'll be lucky and consistently get it when we go back in November.

DVC club level rooms are on the 6th floor with the Lounge. If you booked a cash room direct with Disney, then you will not be on the 6th floor. I think you will be on the 4th floor. Of course, I could be totally off-except the DVC part.

Also, we only have turn down service one night of our CL stay out of 4. We did not receive a "welcome" gift either which is not the norm. This is for our cash stays. We have never had our fridge stocked, however they have given us a couple of coke zeros to take back and the staff was always great in the lounge.

We are now DVC owners at AKV and I have CL booked for September.

We've stayed CL a few times using our points, but on our last CL trip in 2018 we didn't get turn down service every night. And sometimes when we did get the service we still didn't get any of the chocolates! :eek: But that was no big deal either since I could just go to the lounge if I really need have something sweet.

I was listening to a podcast yesterday and they were making a distinction between Club Access vs. Club Level. They defined it as Club Level, your room would be on the same floor as the lounge. Club Access meant your room could be anywhere, but you would have access to the lounge.

So my question is - can I book any room and then ask to upgrade to Club Access? This confused me. Thanks!

I was listening to a podcast yesterday and they were making a distinction between Club Access vs. Club Level. They defined it as Club Level, your room would be on the same floor as the lounge. Club Access meant your room could be anywhere, but you would have access to the lounge.

So my question is - can I book any room and then ask to upgrade to Club Access? This confused me. Thanks!

Club level access can only be added to a standard room at WL (if there is availability on your check in day.) Everywhere else, you must book a club level room to get club level access. There are some resorts that you can be on a floor other than the floor the lounge is on, but you still must book a club level room to get that club level access, if that makes sense. Hope that helps a little.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter