Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Just home from eight nights at BWI Club.

Info for what it is worth:

Probably counting previous visits to CL here at around 20 plus, have seen many changes over the years.

Observations/changes

Third trip in a row that we were not greeted down in main lobby. Arrived at 10 AM on Friday morning. Found our way on our own to CL check in on fourth floor.

New lounge layout (since May '17 visit), liked it but seems to be more tables jammed into main room.

New podium outside club for CL host to use - I understand why but it looks so out of place there. Looks like a carnival ticket booth.

Staff - old friends still on board outstanding as always, some old friends have moved on. The new staff, some immediate hits, a couple not so much so. Is it really that tough to say "Good Morning"?

Turn down every night with chocolates.

Housekeeping was fine although the room really needed to be dusted at check in.

Three of the eight mornings the club doors were not open as scheduled at 6:30, I like my coffee service at 6:45, I had no problem knocking to get let in.

Lounge is super cold first thing in the morning, everyday.

Club offerings: Sunday breakfast was cook to order omelets, last visit it was Eggs Benedict. DW prefers omelets. Very good.

Nightly hot "cook to order" varied nightly with two dishes rotating through the three Boardwalk restaurants, along with the standard snack fare. Every night there was hot fondue cheese and bread, and three nights they added soup.

It was fun to get a chance to speak with the chef, especially if you had previously dined at their home restaurant. We had a great conversation regarding Flying Fish the night after our dining there.

Do not understand why they cook to order without added ventilation for the room. If you stop in for a glass of wine before your head out for dinner, you need to change your clothes again due to cooking odors.

Wine/alcohol service used to be in the main room, and last visit, wine was poured for guests, now the wine is in the back corner out of sight, self serve. Saw a couple of refillable mugs topped off by guests.

Notice more hotel management visiting on the floor in the evening, not sure why, but they were surveying to see if the guests were pleased.

Bounce back offer in room for 2018 is free dining, we don't use free dining so did not bother.

Another great visit, the staff at BWI CL is fantastic, already scheduled again for December.

I have club level stay at Yacht Club upcoming. I usually use Touringplans to fax my room requests.. I'm getting a message from them the fax failed. Can I just fax the request to the Fax number in the OP for my resort?

Info for what it is worth:

Probably counting previous visits to CL here at around 20 plus, have seen many changes over the years.

Observations/changes

Third trip in a row that we were not greeted down in main lobby. Arrived at 10 AM on Friday morning. Found our way on our own to CL check in on fourth floor.

New lounge layout (since May '17 visit), liked it but seems to be more tables jammed into main room.

New podium outside club for CL host to use - I understand why but it looks so out of place there. Looks like a carnival ticket booth.

Staff - old friends still on board outstanding as always, some old friends have moved on. The new staff, some immediate hits, a couple not so much so. Is it really that tough to say "Good Morning"?

Turn down every night with chocolates.

Housekeeping was fine although the room really needed to be dusted at check in.

Three of the eight mornings the club doors were not open as scheduled at 6:30, I like my coffee service at 6:45, I had no problem knocking to get let in.

Lounge is super cold first thing in the morning, everyday.

Club offerings: Sunday breakfast was cook to order omelets, last visit it was Eggs Benedict. DW prefers omelets. Very good.

Nightly hot "cook to order" varied nightly with two dishes rotating through the three Boardwalk restaurants, along with the standard snack fare. Every night there was hot fondue cheese and bread, and three nights they added soup.

It was fun to get a chance to speak with the chef, especially if you had previously dined at their home restaurant. We had a great conversation regarding Flying Fish the night after our dining there.

Do not understand why they cook to order without added ventilation for the room. If you stop in for a glass of wine before your head out for dinner, you need to change your clothes again due to cooking odors.

Wine/alcohol service used to be in the main room, and last visit, wine was poured for guests, now the wine is in the back corner out of sight, self serve. Saw a couple of refillable mugs topped off by guests.

Notice more hotel management visiting on the floor in the evening, not sure why, but they were surveying to see if the guests were pleased.

Bounce back offer in room for 2018 is free dining, we don't use free dining so did not bother.

Another great visit, the staff at BWI CL is fantastic, already scheduled again for December.

Thank you! I have my first BWI cl stay coming up. Mom will want coffee early too so knocking is OK?

My only downside is finding an easy path for her to get to a convenient smoking section at 6am so I dont have to wake up.

Thank you! Headed for a girls weekend to celebrate my 50th with mom and sisters at BWI CL next week.

One question - info on first page of this thread shows the lounge hours as "Wine and Cheese Selections from 5:00pm to 7:00pm;
Cordials and Desserts from 8:00pm to 10pm" Are the snacks and appetizers removed at 7pm then the cordials and desserts are brought out at 8pm?

... Another great visit, the staff at BWI CL is fantastic, already scheduled again for December.

Thank you! Headed for a girls weekend to celebrate my 50th with mom and sisters at BWI CL next week.

One question - info on first page of this thread shows the lounge hours as "Wine and Cheese Selections from 5:00pm to 7:00pm;
Cordials and Desserts from 8:00pm to 10pm" Are the snacks and appetizers removed at 7pm then the cordials and desserts are brought out at 8pm?

Sounds like a great trip you have coming up!
A) the first page is really old info. There's A LOT more than cheese and wine. But yes, they will remove all of the apps around 7, I think we were in there at 715 one night and everything was gone. You can ask for wine or beer ANYTIME. Desserts will come out at 8. The lounge technically "closes" at this time but it actually remains open to guest the whole time.

The doors will close for the night at 10pm and all CL staff go home.

Have a great time, we absolutely love BWI!

Thank you! I have my first BWI cl stay coming up. Mom will want coffee early too so knocking is OK?

My only downside is finding an easy path for her to get to a convenient smoking section at 6am so I dont have to wake up.

Just FYI there's a Keurig in the room, if you want coffee before 630, the lounge is not open before that time. I'm not sure what time the staff gets there, I'm guessing 6ish but they would still need to make the coffee. I know I went down at 640ish one morning and they were just putting the urn out.

When I was on the Touring Plans site, it seemed to me that all Beach Club, club level rooms had full balconies. Also I think I would like to try a garden view, cl room. There didn't seem to be too many garden views but Touring Plans showed all with a full balcony. Does anyone have a a definite answer about the balconies, or does this need to be a request on my reservation?

Just FYI there's a Keurig in the room, if you want coffee before 630, the lounge is not open before that time. I'm not sure what time the staff gets there, I'm guessing 6ish but they would still need to make the coffee. I know I went down at 640ish one morning and they were just putting the urn out.

Thanks for the helpful info! Is there a Nespresso machine in the lounge?

When I was on the Touring Plans site, it seemed to me that all Beach Club, club level rooms had full balconies. Also I think I would like to try a garden view, cl room. There didn't seem to be too many garden views but Touring Plans showed all with a full balcony. Does anyone have a a definite answer about the balconies, or does this need to be a request on my reservation?
I only stayed there once but I looked at pics of the buildings and couldn't see any rooms on that floor(5th) without a balcony. Take a peek and see what you think?

Thanks for the helpful info! Is there a Nespresso machine in the lounge?

Yes, I am pretty sure it was Nespresso (little round pucks) machine, DW had a cappuccino every morning and they have a cold brew set up for iced coffee, nice treat after a hot day in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter