Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

So do I dare bring this up here....

If you didn’t see it today, Disney announced a trial program where they are allowing dogs at four resorts - YC, AoA, POR, and the Cabins at FW. Goes into effect Monday (how’s that for plenty of notice....).

Plenty of other threads going on debating this topic, but I’m more curious how this could/would work with a CL reservation. The chatter from Disney the best that folks can tell is that rooms where dogs are allowed will be in certain areas/floors. If anyone is going to YC CL sometime soon (or there now), I’d be curious what the CL CMs have to say about how this will work. Can you bring your dog with a CL reservation and still stay on the CL floor?

Very, very interesting.
FWIW Disney said they will not allow dogs in the Lounges.

As for the specific dog-rooms, I personally doubt it. Disney is too cheap for that, they'll "extra clean" it and call it quits. Considering the cleaning level of normal housekeeping I have zero expectations "extra clean" will be sufficient. I'm hanging my hat in the "it's too expensive & pointless" corner. People are super excited- until they realize they're spending $75/day to walk their dog around a hotel & pray they don't get the "get here in 30 mins or your out" call in the middle of an ADR or halfway through their FOP FP line. Common sense will probably prevail at the end and they'll just leave Dog at home.

On and off like chasing unwanted guests.

Never experienced anything like it in, Contenpory, Poly or Boardwakk Club in twenty years...
Wow. That is not ok. I hope you wrote guest services your experience and extreme displeasure. No one should be treated like that- those are some lazy CM/managers who sound like they need some, uh, retraining. Once I get, like a theater- lazy considering they don't have a theater size audience but I wouldn't mind. More than once?! Oh, HECK NO. You paid way too much to be treated like that.

FWIW Disney said they will not allow dogs in the Lounges.

As for the specific dog-rooms, I personally doubt it. Disney is too cheap for that, they'll "extra clean" it and call it quits. Considering the cleaning level of normal housekeeping I have zero expectations "extra clean" will be sufficient. I'm hanging my hat in the "it's too expensive & pointless" corner. People are super excited- until they realize they're spending $75/day to walk their dog around a hotel & pray they don't get the "get here in 30 mins or your out" call in the middle of an ADR or halfway through their FOP FP line. Common sense will probably prevail at the end and they'll just leave Dog at home.

That is my thoughts as well. I also don't think it will be popular with people flying unless maybe if they have a very small dog.

Hi- Is there any sort of pattern/menu of the evening offerings at Poly?

In my experience, not really. Just when you think you figure out the pattern, it changes. :upsidedow

But generally speaking I would say it’s on a 3-4 day loose rotation. But then this past weekend they had “Kalua Pork” pretty much every night. So YMMV!

I can post links to my app photos from prior trips this year if helpful, just let me know.

I think bfast similiar. Afternoon now with the lettuce wraps I like poly. Those were good! For evening I liked BC better. They had lots of nice salads and more food overall. Desserts pretty similar.
Agree with this on the food. I also thought the wine was better at BC.

We did a split Poly/BC stay this past August. Overall we enjoyed BC more.

However, if you're not doing a lot of park time, the Poly is very relaxing. When we were there two summers ago, it felt like an oasis. With our split stay, I felt rushed and didn't have time to enjoy much down time at the pool/lounge. I'd definitely do Poly again if not a lot of park time was the agenda.

With the August dates, and F&W, BC really worked out for us. I hadn't realized how much we missed being able to walk into Epcot for the evenings, or out through Epcot grabbing an early lunch. We enjoy SAB, but miss the view from the Poly pool.

Here's a link to a few pages back where a bunch of us talked about our August Poly and BC experiences.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-and-questions.3414590/page-587#post-58151040

In my experience, not really. Just when you think you figure out the pattern, it changes. :upsidedow

But generally speaking I would say it’s on a 3-4 day loose rotation. But then this past weekend they had “Kalua Pork” pretty much every night. So YMMV!

I can post links to my app photos from prior trips this year if helpful, just let me know.
That would be great, thanks!

Just home from our WL CL vaca ! On the Disney allowing dogs front....we are super excited since as you can see from the tag line we have four fur kids who are all adopted retired racing Greyhounds. Since Disney will only allow two dogs per room they will have to stay home for now with their pet sitter. FWIW...if we could bring all four we would as if you kennel a dog you are charged here in San Antonio by size and we could very well pay 50.00 per day per dog so the Disney fee is a cheaper alternative.( also having a pet sitter stay at our house is cheaper than a kennel). I dare say our "kids" are much better behaved than some human children we saw yelling and screaming down the club level hallway and in the lounge!

WL CL had amazing staff and top notch mousekeeping. Bigger size toiletries were offered in the rooms but not the at home sizes I have seen some reporting to have at other resorts. We were offered nightly turn down services and milk chocolate ghiradelli squares. Room 7050 faced MK and we had excellent views of the fireworks. The dormer balcony didn't bother us. At check in we were not greeted at curbside and did have to go to the front desk who promptly did call up to club level and we were warmly greeted when Judith came down.

The food offerings in the evening were very "northwestern" meaning LOTS of seafood and "game ". I did tell CL I was allergic to seafood/shellfish but was never offered a separate plate of food from the staff/chef. Pretty much it was a take it or leave it on what was being offered for evening appetizers. One evening we did have an amazing tomato basil soup and a applewood pork offering. Desserts were very minimal, generally macaroons, pb&j shooters and/or a cobbler. Wine selection was good as were beer offerings. Breakfast had a couple types of small muffins, toast and croissants (the butter offering was awful tasting and no jelly was set out for the toast or croissants). Cereal was available as were two types of Greek oikos yogurt.

Bus service was at least a half hour wait and with other stops and security be warned that taking the bus will add at least an hour or more in getting to the parks other than MK. The boat and security at MK was generally only a 30 minute process.

If anybody has a specific question on something feel free to ask !

So, I just did an online chat session with Disney. Thought you all might be interested in the conversation. Here it is, exactly word-for-word:

Me: I have a question about the new dog-friendly policy at the Yacht Club Resort. If I book a club level room, will I be allowed to bring a dog?

Disney Rep: it will take me a moment to research your answer to your question. I will be right back!

Me: Thank you!

Disney Rep: Yes, all rooms are said to be available.

Me: So, I would still be placed on the regular club level floor (5th floor)? Also, can I book any room category on club level (standard view, garden view, or water view)?

Disney Rep: Yes, depending on the resorts club level usually has better views but all apply
(*Note: I typed the above response exactly as the Disney rep wrote it. Very odd wording, but I think the gist is that I can book any room category on club level)

Me: I am assuming dogs are not allowed in the club lounge?

Disney Rep: Yes they are only allowed in your room

Me: Thank you for answering my questions

Disney Rep: You're welcome. Have a magical day.

So, there you have it. Take it with a grain of salt...we all know that info can vary greatly from Disney rep to Disney rep.

For the record, I am very against allowing dogs (other than service dogs) at any resort. I was hoping that booking a club level reservation would prevent us from getting a room that had previously been occupied by someone else's pet. Guess not.

How many people who book CL and bring a dog will be taking table scraps from the lounge back to the room for their dog to eat? haha!

So, I just did an online chat session with Disney. Thought you all might be interested in the conversation. Here it is, exactly word-for-word:

Me: I have a question about the new dog-friendly policy at the Yacht Club Resort. If I book a club level room, will I be allowed to bring a dog?

Disney Rep: it will take me a moment to research your answer to your question. I will be right back!

Me: Thank you!

Disney Rep: Yes, all rooms are said to be available.

Me: So, I would still be placed on the regular club level floor (5th floor)? Also, can I book any room category on club level (standard view, garden view, or water view)?

Disney Rep: Yes, depending on the resorts club level usually has better views but all apply
(*Note: I typed the above response exactly as the Disney rep wrote it. Very odd wording, but I think the gist is that I can book any room category on club level)

Me: I am assuming dogs are not allowed in the club lounge?

Disney Rep: Yes they are only allowed in your room

Me: Thank you for answering my questions

Disney Rep: You're welcome. Have a magical day.

So, there you have it. Take it with a grain of salt...we all know that info can vary greatly from Disney rep to Disney rep.

For the record, I am very against allowing dogs (other than service dogs) at any resort. I was hoping that booking a club level reservation would prevent us from getting a room that had previously been occupied by someone else's pet. Guess not.

How many people who book CL and bring a dog will be taking table scraps from the lounge back to the room for their dog to eat? haha!

Since we were just at Disney when this was announced, our understanding is the dog policy is a test at a few resorts and only with ground level rooms. Also think that "dog friendly" rooms will be in a certain section (i.e, not spread out ). I believe all of the CL rooms are not ground level but we have only stayed CL at GF, WL and CR.

Last edited:
I'm new to the boards so please forgive me if this is the wrong place to post. I'm staying RPC at GF in February of 2018 for our first family vacation. Is there somewhere on the boards that show a list of the wine/beer/spirits offerings that are currently available? Also if you have the Disney Dining plan, do you find any reason to hit up the lounge in the evenings? Since we're going when the parks close around 8PM most nights I figured that my husband and I or my parents could enjoy the lounge in the later evening, any idea when the desserts/drinks are put away for the night? Sorry for such a newbie post.

There were several times that we made a meal of the RPC offerings- I don't think you will need the dining plan, too-- but JMO

Agree with this on the food. I also thought the wine was better at BC.

I hadn't realized how much we missed being able to walk into Epcot for the evenings, or out through Epcot grabbing an early lunch.

This ^. It’s so lovely to be able to just stroll through world showcase and grab a bite or just take in the sights, even if that isn’t your primary park for the day!

This part is so exciting about our June trip BC stay. We have never stayed near Epcot is my favorite. Can't wait to be able to wander over in the evening!!!
You will love it!!! Plus the walk back is what I remember most. The lights, the serene walk back, the sound of the water. Not to forget the perfec music for the evening. It’s like the perfect ‘date night’ every evening.

That would be great, thanks!

Some random links to my pics from trips earlier this year. Sometimes my posts aren’t directly back to back so may need to scroll a page or two. There’s probably enough in here to give you a general sense of the menu, but I’ll caveat that I don’t use the lounge every night on any given trip, so likely miss stuff.

Poly CL - October 2017 Pics

Poly CL - Feb 2017

Poly CL - May 2017 Food

Poly CL - May 2017 Room

Hope that helps!

Hi! Well, I don't know if this is all that soon, but DH and I will be YC CL Oct 21 - 26.

I will try to get some info from CL CM's while there. I love dogs, but am concerned about barking disturbances during night time, plus allergy issues in the lounge and in the rooms.

As you say....very interesting!

Allergies are a big issue for my son and we’ll be at YC in November! I would think the dogs would be contained to a certain floor, but every hotel is different. I’ll definitely have to call myself and find out.

Just home from our WL CL vaca !

WL CL had amazing staff and top notch mousekeeping. Bigger size toiletries were offered in the rooms but not the at home sizes I have seen some reporting to have at other resorts. We were offered nightly turn down services and milk chocolate ghiradelli squares. Room 7050 faced MK and we had excellent views of the fireworks. The dormer balcony didn't bother us. At check in we were not greeted at curbside and did have to go to the front desk who promptly did call up to club level and we were warmly greeted when Judith came down.

The food offerings in the evening were very "northwestern" meaning LOTS of seafood and "game ". I did tell CL I was allergic to seafood/shellfish but was never offered a separate plate of food from the staff/chef. Pretty much it was a take it or leave it on what was being offered for evening appetizers. One evening we did have an amazing tomato basil soup and a applewood pork offering. Desserts were very minimal, generally macaroons, pb&j shooters and/or a cobbler. Wine selection was good as were beer offerings. Breakfast had a couple types of small muffins, toast and croissants (the butter offering was awful tasting and no jelly was set out for the toast or croissants). Cereal was available as were two types of Greek oikos yogurt.

Bus service was at least a half hour wait and with other stops and security be warned that taking the bus will add at least an hour or more in getting to the parks other than MK. The boat and security at MK was generally only a 30 minute process.

If anybody has a specific question on something feel free to ask !

Thanks for your review. Hope you enjoyed WL CL :wizard:.

Some random links to my pics from trips earlier this year. Sometimes my posts aren’t directly back to back so may need to scroll a page or two. There’s probably enough in here to give you a general sense of the menu, but I’ll caveat that I don’t use the lounge every night on any given trip, so likely miss stuff.

Poly CL - October 2017 Pics

Poly CL - Feb 2017

Poly CL - May 2017 Food

Poly CL - May 2017 Room

Hope that helps!
This is great. Thank you so much for taking the time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter