Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Us too!!! We absolutely love going during that time! The week after used to be amazing- literally little to no wait. Past couple years, especially when free dining was introduced, that changed a bit!! We are leaving Wednesday before Thanksgiving (latest we ever left to go down), but now that DD is in 5th grade, DH doesn’t want her to miss (almost) 2 weeks of school. Hope you have fun!!

Yeah we have a senior, junior and 4th grader, missing school is getting a little harder for the older boys but we typically try to get them ahead before we leave now.

I hope you have a wonderful time also!

I am trying to plan a summer 2019 trip for my family (me, son, DIL and two GDs 7 and 10) which will include club level rooms at either YC or BC for part of the trip. Reading this thread, it seems YC CL gets a ton of votes over the BC CL. But.....it looks like I can do a 2 Bdroom at BC for about $1200 more than two water view CL rooms at YC for the same length of stay. Having us all in one unit would be lovely especially since we have no guarantee of connecting rooms. Given all though, I would rather our Club Level experience be as good as possible. Can those of you who have done both CLs recently weigh in on this and what their vote would be between the two options. No 2 Bdrms are avail at YC for my time period and it's more expensive. These figures are based on 6 nights RO BB prices anticipated in November.

I am trying to plan a summer 2019 trip for my family (me, son, DIL and two GDs 7 and 10) which will include club level rooms at either YC or BC for part of the trip. Reading this thread, it seems YC CL gets a ton of votes over the BC CL. But.....it looks like I can do a 2 Bdroom at BC for about $1200 more than two water view CL rooms at YC for the same length of stay. Having us all in one unit would be lovely especially since we have no guarantee of connecting rooms. Given all though, I would rather our Club Level experience be as good as possible. Can those of you who have done both CLs recently weigh in on this and what their vote would be between the two options. No 2 Bdrms are avail at YC for my time period and it's more expensive. These figures are based on 6 nights RO BB prices anticipated in November.

I liked the YC better, both CL and the YC itself. However, if the price were right I would still stay at the BC again.

However, what I wanted to add, is that for our family I know we travel MUCH better together if we have separate rooms. I know everyone is different, and your son and DIL may think it’s great to all share, but for us we would have a miserable vacation if we shared a room with any of the grandparents. I would do ok with my parents and my DH would do ok with his mom, but even though we all get along and travel together occasionally the reverse of that still isnt true when it comes to hotel rooms! I know it’s a 2BR, so that’s better- but still... personal space and separate family time is important when you are all together for an extended period of time! Just food for thought...

If a 2BR is what’s best for you, the YC and BC are very similar so I think you would have a good experience at either. Plus, the BC lounge is larger. I think it has an odd layout, but it has quite a bit more seating and a bigger serving area.

ETA if you are paying for the trip then by all means they can stay wherever you want to put them. That isn’t the situation at all when we go :D.

I’m out of my league with actual info on the BC 2BRs, but I have in my head that some are located quite far from the CL floor/lounge. I’m not sure about that so hopefully someone with actual experience chimes in (or it’s probably on the YC/BC thread). You may have already taken that into account and/or it’s not a issue for you, but if not may want to look into it.

If this were us, we’d probably rather have two seperate rooms on the YC CL floor vs a 2 BR if it were located very far from the lounge.

I did stay in a 1BR at BC once that was on a different floor than the lounge. While it wasn’t a terrible distance room to lounge, you do sort of feel disconnected from the lounge/CL experience a bit, for us at least.

I’m out of my league with actual info on the BC 2BRs, but I have in my head that some are located quite far from the CL floor/lounge. I’m not sure about that so hopefully someone with actual experience chimes in (or it’s probably on the YC/BC thread). You may have already taken that into account and/or it’s not a issue for you, but if not may want to look into it.

If this were us, we’d probably rather have two seperate rooms on the YC CL floor vs a 2 BR if it were located very far from the lounge.

I did stay in a 1BR at BC once that was on a different floor than the lounge. While it wasn’t a terrible distance room to lounge, you do sort of feel disconnected from the lounge/CL experience a bit, for us at least.

I hadn’t thought of that when I replied- that’s actually another reason I would consider different rooms at the YC instead. Someone posted a map showing where the 2BRs are recently, I think, and I don’t think they are close to the lounge. I might be mixing them up with 1 BRs, though. We always prefer rooms in the same floor as the lounge - stayed in a deluxe room at WL once and it was ok, but a pain to go to the lounge and we didn’t stop in as much as other resorts.

I liked the YC better, both CL and the YC itself. However, if the price were right I would still stay at the BC again.

However, what I wanted to add, is that for our family I know we travel MUCH better together if we have separate rooms. I know everyone is different, and your son and DIL may think it’s great to all share, but for us we would have a miserable vacation if we shared a room with any of the grandparents. I would do ok with my parents and my DH would do ok with his mom, but even though we all get along and travel together occasionally the reverse of that still isnt true when it comes to hotel rooms! I know it’s a 2BR, so that’s better- but still... personal space and separate family time is important when you are all together for an extended period of time! Just food for thought...

Thanks so much for the feedback. We all travel well together and the kids are happy to have me (and Bill before his death last year) to help with the gdaughters, especially at night, so they can have some adult time. We spent a great 10 days in a WL 2 Bedroom Villa in 2015. We are all so glad we made that trip - a great memory while "Opa" was still alive and well. Having separate bedrooms with baths is the key to harmony for us...well at least for me - I think the kids would be fine as long as they have help with the babies...lol.

Dad - good feedback on the distance thing. I did not think about the possibility of being remote from the lounge. I think we would be bummed if it was too far. I think I was basing my thoughts on our experience at BWI years ago. We got upgraded to a 2BR CL and it was right around the corner from the lounge. Proximity is def a bonus.

Thanks again...anyone else have thoughts?

Deb

Quick question- CL is sold out for my dates in May at the YC. Is there any hope that some rooms might become available later? Any tips on how I might still be able to snag one?

Quick question- CL is sold out for my dates in May at the YC. Is there any hope that some rooms might become available later?
Sure, room inventory changes all the time. Other guests have plans that change or things that pop up all the time. Just keep checking right up til you actually arrive at the resort. You might even be able to get a CL room at check-in at the Front desk it never hurts to ask.

A key date range to check is at 30 days before your arrival as that is when final payments are due for packages and the last change for guests that have packages to cancel without any fees. In the case of the YC and the other Convention hotels, they may be holding rooms for a conference that may be released after the conferences housing window closes.

Dave

Sure, room inventory changes all the time. Other guests have plans that change or things that pop up all the time. Just keep checking right up til you actually arrive at the resort. You might even be able to get a CL room at check-in at the Front desk it never hurts to ask.

A key date range to check is at 30 days before your arrival as that is when final payments are due for packages and the last change for guests that have packages to cancel without any fees. In the case of the YC and the other Convention hotels, they may be holding rooms for a conference that may be released after the conferences housing window closes.

Dave
Oh, right! I actually know a website that lists conferences at any given place & time- a cursory glance shows several events at WDW, one at the GF that overlaps my stay and might have an impact. Their deadline is April 24th. Excellent! Thanks so much.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the feedback. We all travel well together and the kids are happy to have me (and Bill before his death last year) to help with the gdaughters, especially at night, so they can have some adult time. We spent a great 10 days in a WL 2 Bedroom Villa in 2015. We are all so glad we made that trip - a great memory while "Opa" was still alive and well. Having separate bedrooms with baths is the key to harmony for us...well at least for me - I think the kids would be fine as long as they have help with the babies...lol.

Dad - good feedback on the distance thing. I did not think about the possibility of being remote from the lounge. I think we would be bummed if it was too far. I think I was basing my thoughts on our experience at BWI years ago. We got upgraded to a 2BR CL and it was right around the corner from the lounge. Proximity is def a bonus.

Thanks again...anyone else have thoughts?

Deb
I am one that prefers BC better. The decor feels lighter, and the lounge feels larger (not sure whether it is or not). We had a fabulous week there and if I can compare offering/food wise BC/YC are pretty much similar. That said, with discounts being higher at YC, we will stay there in january. This will be my 4th YC CL stay and on two occasions we were upgraded to 2 bedrooms suites. They are faaaarrr from the lounge and both on different floors. Our 2nd floor suite was right off of the lobby if you take the stairs up. I really liked that. Plus it felt closer to the lounge than the other, because it was not too far from the elevator. I have a family of 7 and having the lounge gives me more space than a sitting area in a suite. Just my two or three cents :)

Quick question- CL is sold out for my dates in May at the YC. Is there any hope that some rooms might become available later? Any tips on how I might still be able to snag one?
I’ve had great luck finding YC CL on Priceline lately (not the Express deals) and cheaper than the Disney discounted rate! Look at 90 and 60 days out because that’s when they seem to show up.

I’ve had great luck finding YC CL on Priceline lately (not the Express deals) and cheaper than the Disney discounted rate! Look at 90 and 60 days out because that’s when they seem to show up.

Wow, first I've heard of this! How do you know its the YC CL? Isn't Priceline's schtick that you don't know what you're getting until you book it? I had no idea priceline did anything with club level anywhere, let alone Disney.

Wow, first I've heard of this! How do you know its the YC CL? Isn't Priceline's schtick that you don't know what you're getting until you book it? I had no idea priceline did anything with club level anywhere, let alone Disney.
There's 2 different ways to book on Priceline. One is hidden, the other is not. The other is like Expedia, Orbitz, etc. They have Disney CL rooms too
But, as to answer your 2nd question about booking the hidden express deals, there are sites that tell you how to determine which of the resorts are Disney resorts.

Is your reservation directly through Disney if you book through Priceline? TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter