Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Disney now charges a $50 (was $35) per extra adult beyond the "double" occupancy for any reservation at a Deluxe resort (not limited to CL only)

Thanks for the info, I hadn't heard of this increase. Is this new starting in 2019?

Thanks for the info, I hadn't heard of this increase. Is this new starting in 2019?

Nope !
As I said above it is $15 per extra adult at the values, $25 at moderates and $35 at deluxe including CL.

I just priced out our 2019 March trip and the only change is the addition of a $35 charge per extra adult on DVC Studio villa units.

Hey @QueenElinor all Priceline hotel reservations are guaranteed for double occupancy (i.e. 2 adults). Unless specifically noted, accommodations for more than two adults are not guaranteed. Some hotels may not allow extra guests. If your hotel does allow extra guests, there may be additional charges. These charges vary and will be payable directly to the hotel.

Disney now charges a $50 (was $35) per extra adult beyond the "double" occupancy for any reservation at a Deluxe resort (not limited to CL only) and Priceline would expect you to pay Disney directly for this fee as well as the overnight parking fee if applicable.

Dave

Nope !
As I said above it is $15 per extra adult at the values, $25 at moderates and $35 at deluxe including CL.

I just priced out our 2019 March trip and the only change is the addition of a $35 charge per extra adult on DVC Studio villa units.

I thought I had read somewhere that the extra person fee was going up to $50 at deluxes, but I can’t remember where I read it or when it was supposed to start. But if Dave006 thinks it’s $50 and I think I read it somewhere, even if it isn’t $50 yet I’ll bet it’s going to be soon!

I thought I had read somewhere that the extra person fee was going up to $50 at deluxes, but I can’t remember where I read it or when it was supposed to start. But if Dave006 thinks it’s $50 and I think I read it somewhere, even if it isn’t $50 yet I’ll bet it’s going to be soon!

As always there could be an increase on the horizon but I priced out February and March earlier today and it is still $35 Deluxe including Club Level - again the only increase I saw was with the DVC Villa - December 2018 there is no fee for an extra adult but in 2019 there is a $35 fee per extra adult.

Of course it makes sense to "budget" just in case but as of now the prices remain the same.

Also just to clarify the extra fee is for adults (over 18) only :)

Last edited:

Ok, I'm going to go way off topic. Don't hate me, but my kids are asking for universal o_O what's club level like there and thoughts on dining plan please. Haven't mentioned this to my husband yet as he's set on the Carribean for april. Want to get all the info before I spring it on him. How many park days do I need and do I need park to park and Volcano bay? I looked at the universal board here and got overwhelmed. Thanks.

I won't be surprised if it happens...lol. Thanks! :)

Also just to clarify the extra fee is for adults (over 19) only :)

It's actually starts at age 18 ;).

I just found a CL Deluxe room for our dates at the BWI- and it's MINE all MINE! :cool1:

Congrats! Enjoy the rest of your planning :wizard:.

Ok, I'm going to go way off topic. Don't hate me, but my kids are asking for universal o_O what's club level like there and thoughts on dining plan please. Haven't mentioned this to my husband yet as he's set on the Carribean for april. Want to get all the info before I spring it on him. How many park days do I need and do I need park to park and Volcano bay? I looked at the universal board here and got overwhelmed. Thanks.
I’ve done club level at all three Universal resorts. You will not be disappointed. The main difference is that alcohol is only available in the evening, with the exception of mimosas at Hard Rock on some mornings. That said, the service and the food tends to win in the Disney/Universal battle. I’ve never tried the dining plan, so I can’t help with that. For me, Universal CL is half the price of Disney waaaaah

We went 2 years ago and stayed at Portofino Bay. The CL was great!!! Breakfast was all the normal continental type foods, plus scrambled eggs and tater tots. Afternoon snacks were all bagged - different kinds of chips, granola bars, cookies, Goldfish crackers, Doritos, etc. All stuff you can easily bring to the parks! Water bottles, soda, flavored water, coffee, and tea out all day. Evening was typically Full salad bar, crudité, cheeses, breads, and always one hot full dinner, side of veggies and one extra side every night. (Not sure if anything changed since). I can’t remember what we had each night that week, but do remember fajitas, rice and some sort of vegetable one night. I know there was a pasta dish one night too. Lots of desserts. Alcohol was only during dinner service. Beer and wine included and they sold mixed drinks for an additional fee. If we didn’t buy DVC and AP’s, we definitely planned on doing both Universal and Disney each year. We loved CL there and definitely recommend it!! Good luck deciding!

Last edited:
We did CL at Royal Pacific last Easter. It was good, not as good as Disney CL, but cheaper so a good deal. Main difference is you only have access checkin to checkout, NOT before and after on those days like Disney.

If you want to ride the Hogwarts Express ride between the two Harry Potter sections, you need the park to park ticket.

If you’re going at an even remotely busy time, stay at one of the Deluxe (Premier?) resorts so you can get the free Express Passes. You will hate going back to the FP system when you get back to Disney, the EP’s are so useful and easy to use. Just walk into the EP line at whichever ride you want to ride, at whatever time you want to ride it. The goal is a 20min or less wait for each ride, even at busy times.

If you are a water park family, do Volcano Bay. The not-so-lazy river there is now our favourite water park ride anywhere. And they use a MagicBand & FP style system for the lines on the bigger rides, plus there’s early entry for deluxe hotel guests. We loved VB more than the actual parks.

If you need a guide website, try https://orlandoinformer.com/universal/ - we found it very detailed and a huge help.

We’re doing CL at YC GF and Royal Pacific really soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s the Tri-split!!!!!!!!!!!!

We did CL at Royal Pacific last Easter. It was good, not as good as Disney CL, but cheaper so a good deal. Main difference is you only have access checkin to checkout, NOT before and after on those days like Disney.

If you want to ride the Hogwarts Express ride between the two Harry Potter sections, you need the park to park ticket.

If you’re going at an even remotely busy time, stay at one of the Deluxe (Premier?) resorts so you can get the free Express Passes. You will hate going back to the FP system when you get back to Disney, the EP’s are so useful and easy to use. Just walk into the EP line at whichever ride you want to ride, at whatever time you want to ride it. The goal is a 20min or less wait for each ride, even at busy times.

If you are a water park family, do Volcano Bay. The not-so-lazy river there is now our favourite water park ride anywhere. And they use a MagicBand & FP style system for the lines on the bigger rides, plus there’s early entry for deluxe hotel guests. We loved VB more than the actual parks.

If you need a guide website, try https://orlandoinformer.com/universal/ - we found it very detailed and a huge help.

I’ve stayed Universal CL and have always had full day accessibility. Is this something that has changed like super recently :confused3? I haven’t heard anything and I’ve lost count on stays........

Will my express passes (definitely staying at a hotel that gives it) work all day on check in and check out day? If I get there before check in can I leave my bags and go to the parks and use express pass? The plan would be easter time so definitely needed. Can you use the pool and stuff before check in and check oit?

Will my express passes (definitely staying at a hotel that gives it) work all day on check in and check out day? If I get there before check in can I leave my bags and go to the parks and use express pass? The plan would be easter time so definitely needed. Can you use the pool and stuff before check in and check oit?

Yuuuuuup, you can use the pool also! Both before and after checkout, I should say you need to stop by the desk and check in at least but then it’s time to party after that!!!

Yes 18 and over - typo !

Not a problem :)

We’re doing CL at YC GF and Royal Pacific really soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s the Tri-split!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a fun trip! ::yes::

34 days to go!!!!!

I’ve got this Dire Straights tune in my head counting the days down.....your so far away!!!

I know it’ll be here soon but this is the stretch where minutes feel like days. :worship:

I know the feeling! We've been booked since February and it seemed like forever until our time to go and we're now just 4 days away! The next 34 days will go by quick and you'll be arriving at Disney before you know it! :yay:.

I’ve stayed Universal CL and have always had full day accessibility. Is this something that has changed like super recently :confused3? I haven’t heard anything and I’ve lost count on stays........

Not sure. That’s what we were told by the club staff at Royal Pacific during our stay Easter weekend 2018, and our key cards stopped working. Maybe it’s just a holiday weekend thing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter