Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

The South Wing is fine, as stated above not having to wait for an elevator etc... is a big plus, if it is really hot and you are a little further away, you can simply walk through the other buildings to get there. We find it much more peaceful and conducive to taking a break from it all when staying in the Garden Wing..

This is where we stayed:

Walt-Disney-World-aerial-photos_Full_10709.jpgwidth1600quality60_zpsreo4tflw.jpg

This was our view:

IMG_0369_zpszpicdume.jpg

I would stay in the Garden Wing rather than the Tower, the price savings are fantastic and you get all the benefits with just a little added walking but if you get a ground floor room like we did and Bay Lake view, no waiting for an elevator, no noise. If you look at the above aerial photo, you can walk pretty much all the way to that room in air conditioned buildings, which is what we did from time to time.

I actually tried to get our TA to swap out some of our Wilderness Lodge time to get in the Garden Wing when the came available, but they sold out too quick!

You made a good choice!

We bit the bullet and booked a late October stay at Contemporary. The last time we stayed here was a splurge with a theme park view room. This year there's no discounts :sad::sad::sad::sad: so we're in a garden wing room.

Can someone help me feel okay with that? I'm worried that it won't be nice and the walk from the monorail after a long day touring will s.ck.

Failing that, any hope of a discount coming out? Historic pages show there wasn't one in 2016, but there was in 2015....

Can you link where you were looking for discounts? I'll be looking for one for next year!

We bit the bullet and booked a late October stay at Contemporary. The last time we stayed here was a splurge with a theme park view room. This year there's no discounts :sad::sad::sad::sad: so we're in a garden wing room.

Can someone help me feel okay with that? I'm worried that it won't be nice and the walk from the monorail after a long day touring will s.ck.

Failing that, any hope of a discount coming out? Historic pages show there wasn't one in 2016, but there was in 2015....
Honestly, staying near the water and being at Disney is not something to be sad about! The room will be the same quality as the tower rooms, with the same amenities. The big difference is that instead of being close to the restaurants and the monorail station, you will be closer to the pool. It actually sounds like a tranquil break from the frenzy that can surround a park visit.

If you are concerned about the walk back, maybe one of you can rent a scooter?

I LOVE the garden wing, do not worry. The rooms are spacious and it is so quiet and peaceful compared to the main tower... but still super close and all the perks of being so close to MK. Patio on the first floor is nice, we requested that and "close to transportation" and we in the area closest to the tower... it was great. Staying there again in August! Enjoy!

I LOVE the garden wing, do not worry. The rooms are spacious and it is so quiet and peaceful compared to the main tower... but still super close and all the perks of being so close to MK. Patio on the first floor is nice, we requested that and "close to transportation" and we in the area closest to the tower... it was great. Staying there again in August! Enjoy!
Conpletely agree. We LOVE the GW, have stayed there many times. Request a ground floor for sure - quick walk from MK or the boat dock. You'll love the peace and quiet there :)

Really dumb question, but I noticed that Fantasia Market sells eggs. I'm presuming that only rooms with a kitchenette can cook them, properly? I'm not microwaving eggs.

Also, is there a microwave in the standard rooms?

Really dumb question, but I noticed that Fantasia Market sells eggs. I'm presuming that only rooms with a kitchenette can cook them, properly? I'm not microwaving eggs.

Also, is there a microwave in the standard rooms?

Yeah no, there are no microwaves in standard rooms, only in the BLT villas.

We're checking into BLT on a Saturday and checking out on Wednesday and we're considering ordering drinks from Amazon Prime Now. Would that package go to front desk, bell services, or the convention center?

I apologize if this has been discussed. I've spent 30 minutes searching and can't find the answer for sure.

Edited to add more questions :)

If it goes to the convention center, what are their operating hours?
If it closes early on Saturday (before our arrival) and they are closed on Sunday, then we can't get our package until Monday, correct?

We're checking into BLT on a Saturday and checking out on Wednesday and we're considering ordering drinks from Amazon Prime Now. Would that package go to front desk, bell services, or the convention center?

I apologize if this has been discussed. I've spent 30 minutes searching and can't find the answer for sure.

Edited to add more questions :)

If it goes to the convention center, what are their operating hours?
If it closes early on Saturday (before our arrival) and they are closed on Sunday, then we can't get our package until Monday, correct?
I'm going to chime with what I've been able to dig up, but since I have never done this, I can't personally confirm any of this info. You might want to call the hotel directly to find out how they manage this.

Amazon Prime Now would work similarly to Greengrocer, and those packages go to bell services, I believe. They do NOT go to the Convention Center. If any of your purchases are perishable, bell services or the front desk would make sure they are refrigerated.

If you used Amazon Prime Pantry, THAT would go to the Convention Center, and they are closed all weekend normally. APN doesn't have as much selection at APP, so make sure that whatever you order is truly Prime Now.

I got this info from another thread, but I can't find it right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter