Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

And now I have a question. Are there usually cabs waiting in front of the CR, or would we have to call one to come get us? I was thinking that on days when we are running late, it would be nice to just run downstairs and jump into a waiting cab.

And now I have a question. Are there usually cabs waiting in front of the CR, or would we have to call one to come get us? I was thinking that on days when we are running late, it would be nice to just run downstairs and jump into a waiting cab.

In my experience, yes, there has usually been a cab around waiting. Can't say I've hailed one at all times of the day, but I somewhat often will take a cab from places like Poly, CR, and GF and can't think of a time when one hasn't been there. YMMV!

I've been using Uber more lately, which is helpful to be able to see exactly how close your car is. Except when in surge pricing times, Uber can be cheaper than a taxi.

Good luck!

Ok, thanks! I'll call BLT and see what they say. We're not getting much, but all of it is available on APN. I was worried about the convention center being closed on the weekend. If we wouldn't get our package until Monday, then it really wouldn't be worth doing it since we leave on Wednesday morning.

Last edited:
We are considering Express Transportation, if it's still available in November.

We will have a toddler and most afternoons at least some of our party will be going back to BLT for a nap in the afternoon. Is using the Express option to get us to MK and then walk to BLT a good time saver?

I am planning on doing this - starting next week - July 20.

Send me a reminder to let you know how well it worked (I am counting on the time savings of having to go through security multiple times & those long walks into the parks).

Especially want to use this to get to & from the Animal Kingdom. The bus waits at the Animal Kingdom to get back home are always loooooong to us.

We are doing a split stay. How early in the morning can we drop off our luggage at Bell Service? Are they notified when a room is ready and deliver the luggage to the room or do we call them when we have a room number. We did the on-line check in.

We are doing a split stay. How early in the morning can we drop off our luggage at Bell Service? Are they notified when a room is ready and deliver the luggage to the room or do we call them when we have a room number. We did the on-line check in.

I don't know if there are technically any hours where bell services isn't staffed, but you should be able to drop off your luggage at any time regardless. When your room is ready and you are IN your room, you have to call bell services to have your luggage delivered. Unlike DME, bell services will not drop off luggage in an empty room.

You may know this but you can have Disney transfer your luggage from resort 1 to resort 2 if needed, rather than taking it to resort 2 yourself.

Hope that helps!

Have posted this question on the club level thread and gotten no response so I will try here. Has anybody used the Disney signature services to make fast pass reservations ? TIA!!

Does anyone know if they sell a PANDORA charm for Contemporary Resort at any of the CR gift stores? Thanks.

Just found a room at BLT marathon weekend Sunday. Since we are running and assuming the room won't be ready when we finish, is there a place to shower or at least change by the pool? Can't wait for our first stay at BLT. Stayed at the old North tower many years ago, excited to be back.

Have posted this question on the club level thread and gotten no response so I will try here. Has anybody used the Disney signature services to make fast pass reservations ? TIA!!

I am pretty sure they only help with ADRs. You will have to do your own fast passes.

We're checking into BLT on a Saturday and checking out on Wednesday and we're considering ordering drinks from Amazon Prime Now. Would that package go to front desk, bell services, or the convention center?

I apologize if this has been discussed. I've spent 30 minutes searching and can't find the answer for sure.

Edited to add more questions :)

If it goes to the convention center, what are their operating hours?
If it closes early on Saturday (before our arrival) and they are closed on Sunday, then we can't get our package until Monday, correct?
I used Amazon Prime Now last week. It went to Bell services. You can pick it up or have them bring it to your room whenever

It's the 2 cup Cuisinart that uses the coffee pods that are flat and round. They look like flat round Tea Bags. The brand is Joffrey's and is worlds better than the old Nescafe they used to have.

Do they have the same in a studio standard? Thanks!

When booking Bay Lake Tower through Disney for cash does anyone know if the Two-Bedroom Villa could end up being either dedicated or a lock-off? Do I need to call and request a dedicated? I know when booking through points they are separate categories, but for cash there is only one option to book.

I used Amazon Prime Now last week. It went to Bell services. You can pick it up or have them bring it to your room whenever

I called last week and was told that it would go to bell services. I called again today since I've had other people tell me that it would go to the business center. The answer I got today is that it goes to the Contemporary gift shop and I pick it up there, paying the $5 charge. I'm so confused!!! I think bell services sounds like the more likely option, since you're speaking from experience and not just what you were told.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!