Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Balconies are better with beverages!

79ddc7be-2685-4880-aa31-4082d8d91580-jpeg.336347
e8043d7d-eb07-4a0c-94d6-879dfde71367-jpeg.336350
f21480cf-32e5-4a29-9662-0c71b18de286-jpeg.336353

Our transfer day we ubered from poly to CR with our bags, We had our welcome drink then went to the wave, we all loved our meals!

Dd and I went to the pool and ds sat in the lounge, room ready at 1;20 ish . We had 1sr room from end towards MK with castle from bed view!

Ds was just 21 so dd wanted to take him to CG and there was an opening for 5;25 so no appies that night although I grabbed a meiomi Pinot noir first.

Overall we enjoyed our stay. Cms were good with lots of regulars and nice newbies too. One afternoon they insisted on walking our beverages to the room on a tray.

I love that pampering!

We booked a std room for going home day but since it was quiet they moved us on cl floor to make it easier. 8:30 am we walked from room to room and were done!

Oops! I guess you get the welcome chocolate and welcome plate again ! Yay me! I asked for Fairytale cuvee again. They looked confused but I said they were out of prosecco the night before and offered that and was any more left? Oh there was:goodvibes

I had a great friends trip at poly cl but a nice family weekend was so nice! CR was really more attentive overall. However CR poly and gf our my favs and I would go anytime!

Great pics trishadono - thanks so much! We're doing the same split in August - Polynesian first, then Contemporary. I'm already finding it hard to work - just dreaming about the trip :love:

Great pics trishadono - thanks so much! We're doing the same split in August - Polynesian first, then Contemporary. I'm already finding it hard to work - just dreaming about the trip :love:
Taking our bags ourself was so quick and easy. The uber was cheap enough. We ran to MK in the morning then back at 10;45am. We finished packing a few things then walked out to lobby. Dd ordered it while we walked and it was there within 30 seconds after we got outside. I think she did the bigger vehicle since we had 3 large bags.

EWP fan? It's nice that poly is 1st and MK last. I could see the 10:35 MK one from my CR balcony. That worked great since we were back by then.

HEA was good from both resorts too, yet different for each.

Hope you all have a great trip!

Taking our bags ourself was so quick and easy. The uber was cheap enough. We ran to MK in the morning then back at 10;45am. We finished packing a few things then walked out to lobby. Dd ordered it while we walked and it was there within 30 seconds after we got outside. I think she did the bigger vehicle since we had 3 large bags.

EWP fan? It's nice that poly is 1st and MK last. I could see the 10:35 MK one from my CR balcony. That worked great since we were back by then.

HEA was good from both resorts too, yet different for each.

Hope you all have a great trip!

Thanks for all the great info! We're actually driving, so will have our mini-van to load up for the switch - makes life really easy :goodvibes And yes, a fan of both EWP and HEA. So glad that the speakers are back on at the Poly, but really miss the beach lounges. This is our first stay at the CR, and I'm really looking forward to the contrast from tropical paradise to sleek and modern!

Hi everyone, I'm really enjoying this thread but definitely a LOT to wade through. I just booked a last-minute trip to WDW and I will be staying at the Contemporary (but only got the garden wing...would love the tower:o). But I'm still thrilled. Last few trips have been offsite, which is great, but wanted to try something different and it may be my last trip for a LONG time. Definitely last trip for my parents. It's sort of nostalgic. In 1975, my parents took me to Disney for the first time. I was 12 and there was only the MK, the Contemporary, and the Polynesian. I imagine the Shades of Green must have been the Garden Inn or whatever it was called at that time. Anyway, I am SOOO excited. We are driving down on 7/26 from Virginia and going straight through. I will stay two nights at the Drury Inn so that we can do a day at Universal and then on the morning of the 28th, I'm going to take my bags over to the CR, pick up my dad's ECV, and then head over to the MK for check in and spend the next 5 days there. I think I got a really good rate using a military discount that you can all call for. I got a rate of $344 per night which includes tax.

So if anyone has any tips or great things to tell me about Garden View rooms, please chime in. I'm wading through this thread but not finding as many posts on it as I wish there were. Also trying to read up on the refillable mugs and dining plan. On one of my rooms I booked a dining plan to try out. As for the mugs, I'm not much of a drinker so probably won't use it much but do they really have "hot tea" made to put in them. I am reading that its available and that's my morning beverage!

Any recent experiences with Amazon Prime Now deliveries? My search brought up something from last year. We are looking to have some things delivered on arrival day, but it's our first time doing so and I want to make sure I get the correct info.

@Christine

I took a pic of the gv rooms(building) just above. They have std or gv. The std will be facing the parking lot for the most part. None of the rooms have a balcony but the 1st floor shares a patio with your neighbor.

The rooms look exactly the same so really it's a great bargain!

Advantages are :

Close to pools

Close to boat dock

Quick walk to MK or bus stops

Still a deluxe and have all the amenities close by

The walkway is covered so you can get to tower in rain too

Last edited:
is there a kiddie pool or just a kiddie play area at CR?

Just a kiddie water play area. It was nothing special compared to the newer water play areas at many of the other resorts, just some water sprayers and fountains on a padded area with drains. No slide, no pooling or standing water. It was more impressive before they started adding better kids areas all over the place, from POFQ to all of the other MK resorts. But despite that my kids did have fun there for a while on a pool day.

Are there really Atrium CL rooms with standard view where you can see MK fireworks?

No, they all face Bay Lake which is a great view IMO but you can’t see the MK fireworks. It’s a super easy walk to the lounge with the same view of the MK fireworks as any of the MK view rooms have, though. I actually prefer the SV here, since it is so amazing and you get the MK view from the lounge.

Hi everyone, I'm really enjoying this thread but definitely a LOT to wade through. I just booked a last-minute trip to WDW and I will be staying at the Contemporary (but only got the garden wing...would love the tower:o). But I'm still thrilled. Last few trips have been offsite, which is great, but wanted to try something different and it may be my last trip for a LONG time. Definitely last trip for my parents. It's sort of nostalgic. In 1975, my parents took me to Disney for the first time. I was 12 and there was only the MK, the Contemporary, and the Polynesian. I imagine the Shades of Green must have been the Garden Inn or whatever it was called at that time. Anyway, I am SOOO excited. We are driving down on 7/26 from Virginia and going straight through. I will stay two nights at the Drury Inn so that we can do a day at Universal and then on the morning of the 28th, I'm going to take my bags over to the CR, pick up my dad's ECV, and then head over to the MK for check in and spend the next 5 days there. I think I got a really good rate using a military discount that you can all call for. I got a rate of $344 per night which includes tax.

So if anyone has any tips or great things to tell me about Garden View rooms, please chime in. I'm wading through this thread but not finding as many posts on it as I wish there were. Also trying to read up on the refillable mugs and dining plan. On one of my rooms I booked a dining plan to try out. As for the mugs, I'm not much of a drinker so probably won't use it much but do they really have "hot tea" made to put in them. I am reading that its available and that's my morning beverage!

we stayed in the garden wing a few years back - i don't know the room category, but our room was on the first floor, on the corner of the building. we had 2 patios - one facing the pool, and one facing the lake. it was awesome! it may have been an upgraded type of room, because it was bigger than a standard room, but it was still less expensive than the main building. we really enjoyed the garden wing, and i think you will too!

No, they all face Bay Lake which is a great view IMO but you can’t see the MK fireworks. It’s a super easy walk to the lounge with the same view of the MK fireworks as any of the MK view rooms have, though. I actually prefer the SV here, since it is so amazing and you get the MK view from the lounge.
Thanks! Some sites were a little confusing on that point. Thanks for clearing it up.

I agree, Bay Lake view from room, MK view from lounge, fireworks with a drink in hand and snack :) Best if both worlds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!