Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

we stayed in the garden wing a few years back - i don't know the room category, but our room was on the first floor, on the corner of the building. we had 2 patios - one facing the pool, and one facing the lake. it was awesome! it may have been an upgraded type of room, because it was bigger than a standard room, but it was still less expensive than the main building. we really enjoyed the garden wing, and i think you will too!
That was the deluxe garden room. There are only 3 of em. It is a separate booking category.

I tried to book it once but we got upgraded to Atrium cl because they were washing the windows in that section at time of checkin.

I still would like to try that room someday. However that cl upgrade has spoiled me.

Coming back for our second stay in Feb! 2017 was a Garden Wing room, 2019 will be one night in BLT (we're now DVC owners) before a cruise! Last time, my DS looked up at BLT and said he's really like to stay there some day - can't wait to tell him!

That was the deluxe garden room. There are only 3 of em. It is a separate booking category.

I tried to book it once but we got upgraded to Atrium cl because they were washing the windows in that section at time of checkin.

I still would like to try that room someday. However that cl upgrade has spoiled me.

The CL intrigues me. Roughly, what is the price difference to go Club Level?

I’m apologize if this has been asked before, but can you get a rollaway bed for the deluxe garden wing rooms?
we stayed in the garden wing a few years back - i don't know the room category, but our room was on the first floor, on the corner of the building. we had 2 patios - one facing the pool, and one facing the lake. it was awesome! it may have been an upgraded type of room, because it was bigger than a standard room, but it was still less expensive than the main building. we really enjoyed the garden wing, and i think you will too!

The CL intrigues me. Roughly, what is the price difference to go Club Level?
It really depends on what time of year you go and what discount.

For each resort with cl the upcharge is different. YC/BC/BWI/akl/wl are very similar with about $150-250 a night extra.

Gf and Poly the gv or outerbuilding Cl is about the same price as a TPV std room.

Cr is the hardest IMO. First you have to pay A LOT just to upgrade from gv rooms to Tower. Then its another huge jump from tower to Club Level.

If someone wanted to try Cl I would suggest any resort other than CR.

But Trish you go cl all the time!!! Yes, I do. I did it by adding a night at the end of a trip many times.

Now I really stalk deals. AP , disney visa, or TA has been good for 25-40%off.

My best deal lately is the AP for the end of Sept for GF at 40%.

Also I generally only go a few days so the price isnt as painful. I also use the Cl lounge and offerings so it is "worth it" for me.

Best time is January, end of August and Sept for prices.

I’m apologize if this has been asked before, but can you get a rollaway bed for the deluxe garden wing rooms?
I just looked and disney doesn't mention it. However you are limited to 4 in this room vs the 5 that are allowed in the rest of the rooms.

I just looked and disney doesn't mention it. However you are limited to 4 in this room vs the 5 that are allowed in the rest of the rooms.
Thank you, trishadono! We are a group of four but I was just wondering because I would rather have separate beds for the kids if at all possible.

Last edited:
It really depends on what time of year you go and what discount.

For each resort with cl the upcharge is different. YC/BC/BWI/akl/wl are very similar with about $150-250 a night extra.

Gf and Poly the gv or outerbuilding Cl is about the same price as a TPV std room.

Cr is the hardest IMO. First you have to pay A LOT just to upgrade from gv rooms to Tower. Then its another huge jump from tower to Club Level.

If someone wanted to try Cl I would suggest any resort other than CR.

But Trish you go cl all the time!!! Yes, I do. I did it by adding a night at the end of a trip many times.

Now I really stalk deals. AP , disney visa, or TA has been good for 25-40%off.

My best deal lately is the AP for the end of Sept for GF at 40%.

Also I generally only go a few days so the price isnt as painful. I also use the Cl lounge and offerings so it is "worth it" for me.

Best time is January, end of August and Sept for prices.

I really enjoy CR, but find the discounts for it are usually the worst! Right now I have one night booked in October at a rate with the general public discount for more than I paid at BC and Poly in March! I am really hoping the AP helps a little. I am currently booked in an outer building standard view room. I am really only booking the one night for proximity to MK in conjunction with MNSSHP, but would LOVE to return in the tower for an extended time in the spring around my birthday. Fingers crossed!!

I really enjoy CR, but find the discounts for it are usually the worst! Right now I have one night booked in October at a rate with the general public discount for more than I paid at BC and Poly in March! I am really hoping the AP helps a little. I am currently booked in an outer building standard view room. I am really only booking the one night for proximity to MK in conjunction with MNSSHP, but would LOVE to return in the tower for an extended time in the spring around my birthday. Fingers crossed!!
I know right?

It will be great for mnsshp! Enjoy!

Last edited:
Just booked a CR Garden Deluxe for 2 nights. Got the Magical Holidays Room rate. We used to stay at the CR growing up so I wanted to give it another visit since it's been quite a while since my days staying there. It's also close to MK and I may decide to do the MVMCP solo one of the nights we're there and that plays into my decision. I don't know why but the Garden Deluxe struck my fancy and I was surprised since I couldn't find this category available last time I checked. We've stayed in both the Tower and the Garden rooms. As much as I loved the Tower that was years ago and CR is now so chaotic and we've had issues many times with those elevators. I do find the Garden rooms to be just as nice and much quieter. I'm glad I grabbed the room when I did because I just went back in to check and the "Garden Deluxe" room is no longer available at any rate. I'm also hoping to get an even better price when the AP rates become available. Not completely confident but I'm keeping my fingers crossed anyway.

Last edited:

The CR garden rooms are competitive with the BC & YC resorts for the dates I'm looking at. The discounts may not be as deep as those other of the two resorts but BC & YC rack rates are higher. I'm looking at December and in the standard room category CR Garden is avg $449.50 as opposed to YC & BC @ $438.40. Again that is the avg for standard category. Comes out to a total of around $25 more for both nights @ CR. I can't speak for October but just going by December dates.

Hey Kook.........my wife and I are coming in for a long/short weekend to do Christmas at WDW.

We're staying at BLT from Dec 14th thru Dec 16th. Doing MVMCP and Candlelight Processional........and the Christmas Monorail tour on our departure day!!

Doug :goofy:

Hey Kook.........my wife and I are coming in for a long/short weekend to do Christmas at WDW.

We're staying at BLT from Dec 14th thru Dec 16th. Doing MVMCP and Candlelight Processional........and the Christmas Monorail tour on our departure day!!

Doug :goofy:

A fun thing to also do on that Christmas Monorail Tour is a scavenger hunt. We did on our last December trip using the monorail resorts and we had a blast.

The CR garden rooms are competitive with the BC & YC resorts for the dates I'm looking at. The discounts may not be as deep as those other of the two resorts but BC & YC rack rates are higher. I'm looking at December and in the standard room category CR Garden is avg $449.50 as opposed to YC & BC @ $438.40. Again that is the avg for standard category. Comes out to a total of around $25 more for both nights @ CR. I can't speak for October but just going by December dates.
That's about what it was for October. I guess I was just hoping for more than a 10% discount, but I can't complain. 10% is better than nothing. It covers a majority of the tax.

WOW! Am I glad I booked when I did. It looks like my room choice for this night is also completely gone under any rate like you posted about your garden deluxe room.

We just booked an Atrium Club room at the CR for next August. I think this is the furthest out we've booked, but as we needed to reserve two rooms for our party (using a CM discount no less!), the earlier the better, I figured.

Stayed at CR Garden Wing in 2015. Loved the rooms but the location was inconvenient given that one person in our party, my FIL, has a really bad hip and uses a cane. Those of us without mobility issues were fine with it, but since FIL is traveling with us again for this trip, we wanted to ensure we'd be that much closer to the monorail. (Yes, I know we could rent a scooter, but...he won't hear of it lol). Last year was our first CL experience at the GF...looking forward to the same at the CR!

That's about what it was for October. I guess I was just hoping for more than a 10% discount, but I can't complain. 10% is better than nothing. It covers a majority of the tax.

WOW! Am I glad I booked when I did. It looks like my room choice for this night is also completely gone under any rate like you posted about your garden deluxe room.

Now that you have an AP maybe a better rate will pop up come late summer. As far as my hopes go, I don't know that a better CR Garden Deluxe rate will appear but if something better, meaning lower, pops up then I'd be willing to change my room category.

Travel agents do offer more than that discount FYI. Might not hurt to check.

Travel agents do offer more than that discount FYI. Might not hurt to check.
Thank you! I do use one from time to time, but she only has WL and Poly this night. I did find another one that has CR, but will only book as a package with 30-day cancellation. I have flights booked, but I like that 5-day cancellation hahaha

I will probably go this route for my spring trip though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter