Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just returned from another great stay at CSR. We were fortunate enough to have a renovated room and it was every bit as wonderful as I had anticipated it to be. We didn't have any issues with the old rooms. I'm not trying to brag at all..the new room was just fantastic and I'm really excited about the future of this resort. The construction was not an issue for us. We encountered great staff throughout. Housekeeping did a wonderful job. We had a few bus issues, but that wasn't just for CSR. Other places seemed to be having them, as well. The parks were insanely packed (as excpected), but CSR was always a peaceful retreat even in the food court.

One thing that I don't remember seeing mentioned is that the in-room toiletries include mouth wash, aloe, and a little box of q-tips, cotton swabs, and a nail file.

The shower did have the bolted down soap and shampoo, but we brought our own. The shower is plenty big enough that it wasn't in the way either.

Do we have a updated list of refurbished buildings? We are staying in September in standard and wanna get an idea! Thanks

Don't want to be a pest but do we know what buildings they are currently working on and how close they are to finishing? We love the cabanas but stayed in a refurbed room in November and loved that more!!

Completed buildings
Casita 1, 2, 3, and 4
Cabana 8a
Rancho 7a

Staying here at end of May for the first time. We have a water view booked. Any suggestions as to room requests if I'd like to be near the main pool and possibly in a refurb room? Completley unfamiliar with this resort!

Staying here at end of May for the first time. We have a water view booked. Any suggestions as to room requests if I'd like to be near the main pool and possibly in a refurb room? Completley unfamiliar with this resort!

Cabanas 8A is perfect for that!! We stayed in that building in November and it was a water view right by the pool with a refurbed room. ENJOY!!!

Don't want to be a pest but do we know what buildings they are currently working on and how close they are to finishing? We love the cabanas but stayed in a refurbed room in November and loved that more!!
Casita 5 which should be done in mid to late May and then rancho 6a

I’m so excited we are staying for the first time in July. We booked a standard view room. Do we have a good chance of staying in a refurbished room?

I’m so excited we are staying for the first time in July. We booked a standard view room. Do we have a good chance of staying in a refurbished room?

Of the 6 buildings completed, 3 of them are preferred. The other 3 buildings have some standard rooms. By July, they should have another building or two done. I would add a request for a refurbished room and hope for the best.

Thanks nkereina, maybe I should book a preferred room.

We booked a preferred room for our October trip. It was the only way to guarantee a renovated room away from the construction. Plus, its close to El Centro and the first bus stop for pick up and drop off. A bit of a walk to the main pool but still manageable.

Do you think I can request a certain building rather than a renovated room? Or would they frown on that?

Do you think I can request a certain building rather than a renovated room? Or would they frown on that?
You can certainly request it. The online check-in used to allow you to request a section. Now, I think only one section is listed. Anyway, you can request a building, but as with any request it may or may not be filled. Don't get your hopes stuck on it. You could also put in a request for a refurbished room, or a section of the resort to give them a better idea of why you want that particular building; then if it's not available they may be able to help you get something similar.

I might have an opportunity to have a five night stay at this resort in October for a fantastic price, but I would for sure be placed in a room near the construction and be unable to select a room location.

If you have stayed near the construction recently, how bad was it? I realize it will all be different by October. And if you were staying at the closest building to the worst construction. How would that be?

We are the kind of people who do not spend a lot of time at our resort on our usual Walt Disney World vacations. We normally leave around nine in the morning and don't come back until about 11 PM. However this next time, we are doing one non-park day and playing golf and visiting Disney springs. So we may spend time at the resort that day.

I normally stay at a moderate or rent DVC points at a deluxe but there are no studios available during the time I have Fall Break. I'm a teacher.... That's another reason I'm always looking for a great deal!

I've read all of the recent posts on this thread regarding construction. I'm still looking for information about staying at a resort under construction when I can't request a room far away from it. So, any advice is appreciated.

We've never stayed here but I have visited the resort.

Thanks, y'all!

Last edited:
I am Staying at CSR for the first time next month. We have payed for a preferred room so that we can get a refurbished room. Can anyone tell me how many floors are in the building? Which building should i try to request? Thanks!

I am Staying at CSR for the first time next month. We have payed for a preferred room so that we can get a refurbished room. Can anyone tell me how many floors are in the building? Which building should i try to request? Thanks!
Check out this site. Just choose the room type you have in the drop downs. Then it will highlight buildings that meet criteria. Next you can click on each on and see detailed location info and floor numbers. The answer is 3 or 4 depending exactly where you’re placed.
https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-coronado-springs-resort

I just got back from there for Easter. We were in Casita 3 ground floor new room. It was a beautiful room. We had 4 adults and a scooter and had room. Never heard construction at all. During the day, you definitely saw it but not a problem. I have never seen drunk conventioneers, but I have only stayed twice. If I were you, the main request would be a new room. It will make all the difference. I like all 3 areas. All are beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter