Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone who has stayed at CSR recently, could you advise if Pepper Market is open? I just booked a Fall package and the only two moderates available are CSR and CBR. Both have construction. I am not so concerned about pool closings, more about the restaurants. Thanks!

It has been a few months since I was there...but I kept up with CSR posts before and after.....my understanding is the Pepper Market is still open during its minor (new flooring) refurbishment. Cafe Rix (snacks/beverages/treats) and Maya Grill (TS) were open in April and I haven't heard that that is changing. The renovated Rix Sports Bar and Grill is also open now.

If anyone who has stayed at CSR recently, could you advise if Pepper Market is open? I just booked a Fall package and the only two moderates available are CSR and CBR. Both have construction. I am not so concerned about pool closings, more about the restaurants. Thanks!
Stayed two weeks ago..PM is open

When I booked my November reservation, I was not too concerned about construction at CSR... I was disappointed when I heard the Dig Site would be closed. But now I keep hearing more and more about the construction. I also saw photos of the refurbished rooms... I like the theming of the old rooms better! I may look into changing resorts. I don't want to spend all that money to go to Florida, and have the resort be a bummer. :worried:

When I booked my November reservation, I was not too concerned about construction at CSR... I was disappointed when I heard the Dig Site would be closed. But now I keep hearing more and more about the construction. I also saw photos of the refurbished rooms... I like the theming of the old rooms better! I may look into changing resorts. I don't want to spend all that money to go to Florida, and have the resort be a bummer. :worried:

I guess it really depends on what you like! I LOVE the refurbished rooms and have booked my second trip there in as many months. I think that you could probably request an un-refurbished room for November (it's probably not a popular request, lol). Personally I didn't find the construction to be a problem at all. I mean sure you see it, but it didn't bother us...

Just booked our first stay at CSR for December to hopefully catch NPH in the Candlelight Processional. Opinions of Coronado vets, is it worth it to change the room to a Preferred King vs. a Water View. It is just my husband and I on a quick weekend trip. Thank you!

Just booked our first stay at CSR for December to hopefully catch NPH in the Candlelight Processional. Opinions of Coronado vets, is it worth it to change the room to a Preferred King vs. a Water View. It is just my husband and I on a quick weekend trip. Thank you!
I would. Casitas Preferred guarantees a refurbished room, it’s right near the first on/First off bus stop and a quick walk to the main building.

We’ll always take a king bed if the kids aren’t going. But that’s total personal preference.

For a quick trip the savings of time might be nice.

I would. Casitas Preferred guarantees a refurbished room, it’s right near the first on/First off bus stop and a quick walk to the main building.

We’ll always take a king bed if the kids aren’t going. But that’s total personal preference.

For a quick trip the savings of time might be nice.

Thank you! That is good information to know! I think I'll make the change since the cost is minimal and a King bed is always better, as is savings time! ;) . I was literally just thinking, just make the change when I read your post os it seems like a sign! :)

I guess it really depends on what you like! I LOVE the refurbished rooms and have booked my second trip there in as many months. I think that you could probably request an un-refurbished room for November (it's probably not a popular request, lol). Personally I didn't find the construction to be a problem at all. I mean sure you see it, but it didn't bother us...
In November there probably won’t be any non refurb rooms left. There are 4 buildings currently that aren’t finished. Two of those are currently closed and undergoing refurb. They should be open and the last 2 closed for refurbishment by November.

In November there probably won’t be any non refurb rooms left. There are 4 buildings currently that aren’t finished. Two of those are currently closed and undergoing refurb. They should be open and the last 2 closed for refurbishment by November.

I will say, and I take this with a grain of salt, that when I booked the cast member said that they are undergoing enhancements, but there shouldn't be too much construction still going on by early December. So, we'll see. But I felt comfortable booking here. Has to be better than the trip I took last spring to CBR, which I hadn't stayed at for almost 10 years and it was less than magical...and they hadn't even started construction yet! LOL!

Good morning! We really want a refurbed room and currently have a reservation in a Preferred Room (because you great people said this is the only way to get a guaranteed refurbed room so we did it)! My question is, if we were to change it to just a "regular room" because we don't care about being close to el centro, what are the chances of being placed in Casitas 4 and 5 or another refurbed room- actually which buildings are done at this point? We arrive in 3 weeks. Thank you!!

Also, is there a way to find out if there is a convention going on while we are there- not that it matters, just curious!

One more thing- is the Rix a new TS place? I don't see any reviews online and I would love to try it out!! Do they accept TIW??

Disprincess, there is still no guarantee outside of a preferred room, but the odds are better. Do you know if there is the availability to switch to a standard? That might be more difficult three weeks out. Have a great vacation either way! I certainly understand wanting to switch to standard. I've modified my next reservation a couple times :)
Rix is the grab and go area in between the lobby and Pepper Market. It has bakery items, gelato, espresso drinks, mug refills, and other to go items.

Editing to add: The above info is for Rix Cafe. There is also Rix Sports Bar and Grill, which is directly adjacent to Pepper Market/across the hall. I haven't eaten there, so I tend to think of the Cafe when I hear/read 'Rix'. here is the menu from the official WDW site: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/coronado-springs-resort/rix-sports-bar/menus/

Last edited:
I'm trying to convince my husband to come with me and the kids this weekend (we have two nights booked!) but he has work to do--does anyone know if there are good work spots in the convention center area? I've never been over there but want to present some options to him. thanks!

Just switched over from CBR for our trip next week. Ended up costing $4 dollars more for the change. We like both, but after a recent trip to CBR we think having fully functioning food/drink service will be very important for a more relaxed stay.

How does the bus wait time feature on the MDE app work for resorts with multiple bus stops? Does it just show the arrival time for the bus at the first stop? (So stop #2 at CSR?)

Also, is everything on track to be finished by next summer? We're thinking of staying here mid-late June 2019.

How does the bus wait time feature on the MDE app work for resorts with multiple bus stops? Does it just show the arrival time for the bus at the first stop? (So stop #2 at CSR?)

Also, is everything on track to be finished by next summer? We're thinking of staying here mid-late June 2019.
It has a tab on top to select your specific bus stop. We found it pretty accurate except for one bus came that was apparently not "tracked" so the wait was less than we thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter