Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to decide whether to pay more for a room at Coronado Springs ($170 vs $208 per night) or keep my reservation at Caribbean Beach (both are standard King rooms). I do prefer the rooms at Coronado, but my main concern is transport to the parks. I've read that the internal resort shuttle can take up quite a bit of time at Caribbean Beach. Given that Coronado is pretty big as well, is this going to be a similar problem? I haven't read too many complaints from CSR guests, but maybe I haven't been looking hard enough.

I guess CBR is on the Skyliner route; I'll be going in August, and don't know if the Skyliner will be open by then.

We were just there over the busy Presidents Day Weekend and had no issue with buses. But I’ve never stayed CBR to compare. I personally found them quicker than POR, however.

Most seem to think the skyliner will be open before SW:GE.

I had no problems with buses last April. It’s not something that I’ve seen as a frequent complaint either.

Ditto 8-)

We traveled to and from CSR two times a day by bus..... I think there were just a couple of instances when we had to wait long (the full 20 minutes) and the arrival board seemed accurate.

Bus stop question...
We will be staying in the new tower this July, will the closest bus stop be the last stop before leaving CSR for the parks?
Is it hit or miss at that point to get a seat on the bus? Since it’s so close to all but MK, I guess it won’t be to bad if we’re standing anyway.

Bus stop question...
We will be staying in the new tower this July, will the closest bus stop be the last stop before leaving CSR for the parks?
Is it hit or miss at that point to get a seat on the bus? Since it’s so close to all but MK, I guess it won’t be to bad if we’re standing anyway.

I'm not sure anyone knows yet. I think we will have to wait until the Tower opens for this info. Or maybe just before opening?
So many unknowns! :)

Where are the drink stations to refill the refillable mugs at the resort? Is it just El Centro and the pool bar?

We enjoyed our 4th stay at CSR last week. It was our first time back since the remodel, and we really enjoyed it. The resort was relaxing and never felt crowded. I did not go to any of the CSR restaurants, but did enjoy a cocktail or two by the pool.

We were in Cabanas 8B. Never heard the tower construction from our room, but I could hear it early in the morning (still dark, was around 6:30am) as soon as I stepped outside to get ice. The new restaurant on the water is gorgeous at night! I found the staff to be the most pleasant we've ever encountered at CSR, which I appreciated. Bus service was hit and miss, and the screen did not work at our bus stop the entire trip. The bus times on the app were often down, particularly in the afternoons. Our longest waits were definitely from the parks to CSR. We used Amazon Prime Now to have water delivered (DD drinks over a gallon a day alone) and a few days into the trip when she woke with a horrible head cold, I placed another order for soft tissues and cold medicine. Such a quick and easy service!

I was a bit hesitant to return to Disney this year because the crowds seem to get worse with every trip, and it's NOT a "relaxing" vacation, but we really did have a great time. As always, our best moments of the trip were the unexpected simple experiences. Now I'm debating if we should skip "my" choice this fall (the beach) and go to Disney again? I love CSR, but I am a bit worried about all the extra guests with the tower. Are they adding another pool and bus stop?

Any questions I can answer?

You would think it would be open by 7/9/2019 when the tower opens but after the latest Youtube video, it could be ready sooner.

We're going down in a few weeks and can't wait! I'm trying to get a feel for bus transportation. We booked a preferred room and if I'm reading this right, it looks like that stop is the last one before heading to the parks? If so, should we go to another stop to make sure there's room? Do the buses tend to be very crowded? TIA!

We're going down in a few weeks and can't wait! I'm trying to get a feel for bus transportation. We booked a preferred room and if I'm reading this right, it looks like that stop is the last one before heading to the parks? If so, should we go to another stop to make sure there's room? Do the buses tend to be very crowded? TIA!

Preferred rooms are in the Casitas section. Stop 2 is closest and it’s actually the first stop in the loop. Stop 1 is at El Centro (where the restaurant, shop & front desk currently is) and it’s the last stop before going to the parks.

(Note: we are unsure if another stop is being added or moved once the Tower opens on 7/9/19).

Preferred rooms are in the Casitas section. Stop 2 is closest and it’s actually the first stop in the loop. Stop 1 is at El Centro (where the restaurant, shop & front desk currently is) and it’s the last stop before going to the parks.

(Note: we are unsure if another stop is being added or moved once the Tower opens on 7/9/19).
Thank you!!

If you are in a preferred room in Casitas then you will be first on the bus. The main lobby bus stop is the one that is last. We've had varying experiences with the buses. Sometimes they were great and other times we were uncomfortably packed.

I was a bit hesitant to return to Disney this year because the crowds seem to get worse with every trip, and it's NOT a "relaxing" vacation, but we really did have a great time. As always, our best moments of the trip were the unexpected simple experiences. Now I'm debating if we should skip "my" choice this fall (the beach) and go to Disney again? I love CSR, but I am a bit worried about all the extra guests with the tower. Are they adding another pool and bus stop?

I don't think the resort as a whole will feel any more crowded. There are like 8 different places to get something to eat which should keep people spread out. I am curious if the main pool will be more crowded. Keep in mind they lost about 200 rooms when Cabanas 9B was demolished so the net gain is only 200-300 rooms and most days the tower rooms will be 1/2 full of convention guests who don't use the pool much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!