Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We enjoyed our 4th stay at CSR last week. It was our first time back since the remodel, and we really enjoyed it. The resort was relaxing and never felt crowded. I did not go to any of the CSR restaurants, but did enjoy a cocktail or two by the pool.

We were in Cabanas 8B. Never heard the tower construction from our room, but I could hear it early in the morning (still dark, was around 6:30am) as soon as I stepped outside to get ice. The new restaurant on the water is gorgeous at night! I found the staff to be the most pleasant we've ever encountered at CSR, which I appreciated. Bus service was hit and miss, and the screen did not work at our bus stop the entire trip. The bus times on the app were often down, particularly in the afternoons. Our longest waits were definitely from the parks to CSR. We used Amazon Prime Now to have water delivered (DD drinks over a gallon a day alone) and a few days into the trip when she woke with a horrible head cold, I placed another order for soft tissues and cold medicine. Such a quick and easy service!

I was a bit hesitant to return to Disney this year because the crowds seem to get worse with every trip, and it's NOT a "relaxing" vacation, but we really did have a great time. As always, our best moments of the trip were the unexpected simple experiences. Now I'm debating if we should skip "my" choice this fall (the beach) and go to Disney again? I love CSR, but I am a bit worried about all the extra guests with the tower. Are they adding another pool and bus stop?

Any questions I can answer?
Hi does CSR charge to have prime now delivery?

Just noticed on my MDE account different wording for two CL stays. My BW ressie says Standard Room-Club Level, my CS ressie says Tower-Standard View-Club Level Access. I’m thinking it’s not a dedicated floor at CS, much like when I stayed at Portofino/UA. Looking forward to any new info on CS CL.

Very excited, just switched my fd bounceback reservation from a standard room at Por to a standard tower room at Gran Destino

Just noticed on my MDE account different wording for two CL stays. My BW ressie says Standard Room-Club Level, my CS ressie says Tower-Standard View-Club Level Access. I’m thinking it’s not a dedicated floor at CS, much like when I stayed at Portofino/UA. Looking forward to any new info on CS CL.

Though we don't know for sure, that would be my guess as well; not a dedicated floor.

We're going down in a few weeks and can't wait! I'm trying to get a feel for bus transportation. We booked a preferred room and if I'm reading this right, it looks like that stop is the last one before heading to the parks? If so, should we go to another stop to make sure there's room? Do the buses tend to be very crowded? TIA!

I have never had a problem with buses in the morning. We have stayed there 2 times both during extremely busy times. (Christmas week and then the week following Easter). The buses were pretty crowded on the way back to the resort at the end of the day with standing passengers.(Following fireworks)

I'm looking at a one night stay over Labor Day weekend. It'll be me, hubby, and the two kids with no park time just hanging out at the resort. The difference between a standard Tower room and club level is $120. I've never stayed club level before. What exactly are you getting for that extra money?

I'm looking at a one night stay over Labor Day weekend. It'll be me, hubby, and the two kids with no park time just hanging out at the resort. The difference between a standard Tower room and club level is $120. I've never stayed club level before. What exactly are you getting for that extra money?

I think they have a lounge with breakfast, and snacks/apps/dessert and drinks during certain hours of the day. Also the ability to purchase extra fastpasses.

Do they still have the same toiletries? I’m trying to pack light and hoping I don’t need lotion or after sun aloe? Thanks!

We're going down in a few weeks and can't wait! I'm trying to get a feel for bus transportation. We booked a preferred room and if I'm reading this right, it looks like that stop is the last one before heading to the parks? If so, should we go to another stop to make sure there's room? Do the buses tend to be very crowded? TIA!

I thought preferred rooms were closest to Bus Stop #2 which is actually the first pick up. I'd still walk to that over Bus Stop #1.

Preferred rooms are in the Casitas section. Stop 2 is closest and it’s actually the first stop in the loop. Stop 1 is at El Centro (where the restaurant, shop & front desk currently is) and it’s the last stop before going to the parks.

(Note: we are unsure if another stop is being added or moved once the Tower opens on 7/9/19).

This is correct, however I will add that for whatever reason, the Disney Springs bus route picks up at bus stop 1 first, making bus stop 2 the second stop for pick up and drop off on all Disney Springs routes. But for the parks, bus stop 2 will be the first pick up and first drop off which is a huge perk of a preferred room, IMO.

In the mornings, the bus was typically empty so we had our choice of seats. But if you get on later in the day, the bus will have people on it that are returning from the parks. Those people will exit by the time the bus reaches last stop at the resort, but you may have to stand until people exit. No biggie.

This is correct, however I will add that for whatever reason, the Disney Springs bus route picks up at bus stop 1 first, making bus stop 2 the second stop for pick up and drop off on all Disney Springs routes. But for the parks, bus stop 2 will be the first pick up and first drop off which is a huge perk of a preferred room, IMO.

In the mornings, the bus was typically empty so we had our choice of seats. But if you get on later in the day, the bus will have people on it that are returning from the parks. Those people will exit by the time the bus reaches last stop at the resort, but you may have to stand until people exit. No biggie.
The DS bus acts as a return shuttle from the main building/food court back to the different areas of the resort so people don’t have to walk. Main building first and then stops at the rest.
The parks bus loop acts as an interior shuttle from the other areas of the resort to the main building, the last stop, so people don’t have to walk to the food court.

Is the full running path open? I have a map from our resort stay last June and the area between Casitas and Ranchos looks closed (no red dashed lines).

Can anybody by any chance post a map with the CSR bus stops and in what order they are? Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter