Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly, the only time we've ever been "downgraded" in room categories at Disney was a stay at CSR. In their old Business Class. And we got the room very late there too. I was given the room number/building and started to walk and when we walked past the BC building I knew something as up. We got stuck in a parking lot view room, which was also an issue as one of the reasons we wanted BC was there were no parking lot view rooms in that building. As you found, no one told us of this when we arrived and were given our room number either. I had to go back and find out what was up, and get my refund for the lower cost category. I was quite bothered by how they handled it.

I wanted to share a few thoughts about Gran Destino. The tower itself is lovely, but they did not have enough staff the days we were there. People compare the tower to a deluxe and I do feel like some aspects were close to that level, unfortunately the service level was the lowest we received at any resort in WDW in over 25 years.

We attempted online check-in, but it wasn't available. After waiting over 30 minutes in line, we finally got pulled out of line by a cast member who attempted to check us in. He stated that the room wasn't ready which was no problem and we went to visit the parks. We had reserved a Water View tower room and had noted that it was our daughters 16th birthday (actual day which increased my disappointment). When we returned around 5:00 waited 35 minutes in line and our room still wasn't ready. We went to dinner without being able to freshen up. We still were not notified that our room was ready so I waited in the check-in line again for 25 minutes this time. When we got to our room it was not water view. I contacted the front desk and was informed that they had maintenance issues and the room we paid for isn't available and by now it's 9:30 PM. This would have been disappointing but if they had just bothered to communicate with us we would have felt better about it. Also changing the room type to a lower priced room without telling us is not acceptable at all. Finally after complaining they did reduce the cost of the room to the cost of the parking lot view --- but I shouldn't have had to waste my vacation time complaining. The next morning we checked out -- but had to wait another 30 minutes to fix a billing error. Every time we went through the lobby there were over 20 people in line and sometimes over 50 and just a few cast members trying to work through it. We also stayed one night at Pop Century this trip and it had much shorter lines at the desk.

Trying to get our luggage to and from Bell Services was another hassle since they also had very long lines, but we had to store the luggage since our room wasn't ready. So one of us was waiting in the Bell Services line while the other was waiting in the front desk line. Upon check-out we attempted to get Bell Services to help with the luggage but they never answered the phone. When we went down to the lobby they had another long line so handled it ourselves. Not the end of the world, but not what we expected.

Busses were as expected, it takes a bit of time for them to stop by the other stops, but it's fine if you allow yourself plenty of time. The refillable mug situation is a bit of a haul, but that too was expected.

We had only planned to spend one night here as my daughter had decided she wanted to resort hop to celebrate her birthday and we knew that hopping would not get us the "best room" options but I have never been "downgraded" in any hotel without someone telling me in advance. (Not sure what the best phrase for this treatment is, downgraded seems wrong as the room itself was fine, but it wasn't what we reserved and paid for. If I had reserved that room type I would have been satisfied) Unfortunately this was where we had planned to return on our next trip in the spring (only one resort this time), but we have since canceled that reservation. The staff was really trying to help people, but there just are not enough of them to handle the crowds and they were obviously stressed and over worked. We will stay at a different resort where they have enough staff.

We stay in all levels of resorts from value to deluxe, and this is the first time we won't return because we feel like the staff is being overworked. I have contacted the general manager with my concerns, I just wanted to share our experience. In our 11 days we stayed at 6 resorts (yes it's crazy but it's what she wanted) and this was by far the worst one.

How are the hairdryers in the rooms, don’t want to take one if theirs are decent, and also do they still have irons in the rooms? Thanks

I had a similar check in experience this week - Monday to be exact. I got a room not quite ready text @ 11 . When I arrived 12:30 ish there was a long line for check in and I needed to get to a dining reservation . I quickly changed and freshened up in the lobby restroom . I dropped my luggage at bell services - luckily for me this was quick . I was attending MVMCP that evening so didn’t return to the resort until midnight . From when I left at one pm until midnight , I never received a text or email about my room . There was no line at midnight and I got a lame sorry from the cast member who gave me my room assignment . The resort itself is beautiful and I had no other issues. I am just agreeing with pp about the long lines at check in / out desk. From what I saw , it seemed to be mostly conventioneers in the line .
yes , I did online check in and put my approximate arrival time. I have been lucky in the past and the majority of times my room has been ready earlier than 3:00 pm. I am never upset if it isn’t ready early but normally I get a text eventuality or have a shorter line at check in where I can speak with someone to see how much longer it may be .

Can you meet characters at this resort? Also, can you decline mousekeeping & get a giftcard here?

I don't think there are any characters at this resort, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that one. As for declining mouskeeping, yes you can. In fact starting today with the updated MDE app you can decline it thru the app. I declined it for our January trip this morning.

I don't think there are any characters at this resort, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that one. As for declining mouskeeping, yes you can. In fact starting today with the updated MDE app you can decline it thru the app. I declined it for our January trip this morning.
Where can you do that in the app? I couldn't find it.

Where can you do that in the app? I couldn't find it.
In the online check in section
Did you book through a TA? There seems to be something preventing some who booked with one from seeing the option even after they updated

Are there any King beds in the Standard Tower CL rooms?
I'd love to know this as well. On the website, choosing a king bed is a separate (more expensive) choice for both the older part of the resort and for the tower non-club rooms. Based on that my guess is that the club rooms all have two smaller beds.
I'm sure you already know this about the online booking categories, @AngiTN, since you're a regular WDW traveler. Hopefully someone who actually knows for sure will post here. I'll do anything to avoid actually calling!

Edited to add: I just did an online chat with a cm. This is the response to my question about king beds on the club level of the tower.
"
The only Club Access rooms that have the King Beds are the One bedroom suite, deluxe suite and presidential suite. The Standard view club access only has the 2 queen bedding option currently."

Last edited:
Just booked 3 nights @ GDT Standard Tower for December 2020. Yeah, I know it's early but I'll probably be modifying at a later date but I found it really sad that there was nothing showing in MDE. :sad2: Besides, I fell in love with the resort on our trip last month and couldn't wait to rebook. I am now feeling very happy!:santa:

Last edited:
Are there any King beds in the Standard Tower CL rooms?

The King bed rooms are in a booking class of their own. There are both Standard View and Water View rooms. Looking at Touring Plans room finder, it looks like there are some Standard View rooms on the ends of the wings and a couple that face the front entrance. The rooms at the end of the wings are on floors 3-9. If I were to book one of the Standard View King rooms, I would request floor 9 at the very end of the north wing of the building. That room has nightly views of HEA at MK. On the end of the south wing, there isn't any views of fireworks. We have stayed in both the end rooms and a regular hallway room and noticed that the very end rooms have just a little bit more room in them. Nothing earth shattering, but just enough where we've noticed the difference. Of course, if you were placed in a hallway room, you should still be able to see some nighttime fireworks at HS or EPCOT.

Edit: Just read that you were specifically asking about CL rooms. If Touring Plans room finder is right, looks like there is only one Standard View King room, which is on the 12th floor. When I asked a CM about the CL services when they first opened, they told me that there was not a specific floor dedicated to CL rooms and that you could be staying on a separate floor than the lounge. That was why they called it "Club Level Access" rooms instead of just CL like at other resorts. Don't know of anything has changed since then or not.

Last edited:
The King bed rooms are in a booking class of their own. There are both Standard View and Water View rooms. Looking at Touring Plans room finder, it looks like there are some Standard View rooms on the ends of the wings and a couple that face the front entrance. The rooms at the end of the wings are on floors 3-9. If I were to book one of the Standard View King rooms, I would request floor 9 at the very end of the north wing of the building. That room has nightly views of HEA at MK. On the end of the south wing, there isn't any views of fireworks. We have stayed in both the end rooms and a regular hallway room and noticed that the very end rooms have just a little bit more room in them. Nothing earth shattering, but just enough where we've noticed the difference. Of course, if you were placed in a hallway room, you should still be able to see some nighttime fireworks at HS or EPCOT.

Edit: Just read that you were specifically asking about CL rooms. If Touring Plans room finder is right, looks like there is only one Standard View King room, which is on the 12th floor. When I asked a CM about the CL services when they first opened, they told me that there was not a specific floor dedicated to CL rooms and that you could be staying on a separate floor than the lounge. That was why they called it "Club Level Access" rooms instead of just CL like at other resorts. Don't know of anything has changed since then or not.
It has not changed. CL can be pretty much anywhere in the tower. That doesn't bother me in the slightest.
Bed Configurations is where area where TP is woefully inaccurate. For those curious. Every Deluxe King room I've stayed in has been listed as 2 queens on their site. We have a conundrum as we prefer Deluxe resorts, specifically CL but prefer King rooms. We tend to give the bed size up in exchange for CL. I do see that at CSR you can book a Deluxe room that is King. BWI has the cottages that are King. WL has 1 category for King rooms and you can add on CL at check in there. That's about it to get it for certain. I think for this upcoming trip I'm going to go with the Deluxe room so we can get the King bed. We stay at BWI enough that I know which rooms to ask for

Any photos of the tower Christmas tree yet?

We will be there this week and I can check then!!

Totally random question that I guess I could answer when we do get there but it's funner to ask here - What did Disney do with the large room where you used to check in?

It has not changed. CL can be pretty much anywhere in the tower. That doesn't bother me in the slightest.
Bed Configurations is where area where TP is woefully inaccurate. For those curious. Every Deluxe King room I've stayed in has been listed as 2 queens on their site. We have a conundrum as we prefer Deluxe resorts, specifically CL but prefer King rooms. We tend to give the bed size up in exchange for CL. I do see that at CSR you can book a Deluxe room that is King. BWI has the cottages that are King. WL has 1 category for King rooms and you can add on CL at check in there. That's about it to get it for certain. I think for this upcoming trip I'm going to go with the Deluxe room so we can get the King bed. We stay at BWI enough that I know which rooms to ask for

Kind of makes me wonder if you can add the CL access to a room when you check in to a tower room at CSR. I've never tried but may ask about it next week. With your experience in adding it to your stay at WL, has it traditionally been a set price per night for the upgrade? If you have done it more than once, is the price consistent? I've never thought to ask about adding it later on at check-in.

Totally random question that I guess I could answer when we do get there but it's funner to ask here - What did Disney do with the large room where you used to check in?

The check-in desks are still there and I believe they could still use them if they had large groups checking in/out. I'm thinking large cheer leading or sports teams that I have seen in the past.

They did add some more seating in the middle of the room, maybe 8 or so chairs to set in. There is an indoor walkway that goes from the tower to that room now to access everything in El Centro. You don't HAVE to take the walkway, but it is indoors if it is raining/hot.

Kind of makes me wonder if you can add the CL access to a room when you check in to a tower room at CSR. I've never tried but may ask about it next week. With your experience in adding it to your stay at WL, has it traditionally been a set price per night for the upgrade? If you have done it more than once, is the price consistent? I've never thought to ask about adding it later on at check-in.
WL is the only resort that allows CL to be added at check in.
The reason is when they converted half of WL to DVC (Copper Creek) WL lost half of their CL room. The option to add on to any room is their compromise.
It was $99/night for a couple of years, now it's $130.
There is a limit of how many rooms can be added but no one is sure what that is. There is no advertisement of it so it's not really so popular they've ever reached the limit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter