Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

Hi @bama_ed , thank you so much for responding and for guiding me to the right location! My apologies for any trouble caused by posting in the wrong place!

It's not that this is the wrong place, it's just the camping board is the better place to get your questions answered. :thumbsup2

Hello Campers.. I looked through the first few posts for info on this, and the last couple of pages, but it seems there really hasn't been activity here since Feb. So I'll ask my question just in case anyone knows anything,

Like many others, our reservation for the Campgrounds got nixed due to the shut down. We're currently considering a fall rebooking, but have not been able to see ANY availability at the Campgrounds from Nov 1st through the end of the year. Never had that happen before!

Anyone know if there are planned shut downs, or of something else going on? Thanks... feel free to point me to a different area if appropriate.

jlundeen,

The fall is a very busy season at the Fort. The summer heat and humidity is waning and many of the locals start their camping season. If your search included a weekend, everything is probably booked. Even many weekdays are gone.

Depending on when you were interested in and how you feel about meeting a bunch of us on the DOS Camping forum, we are having a DIS Meet in October. Reservations are through a travel agent only and I think there are still some Premium sites available. The prime dates are October 10-17th, but some of us are coming in earlier.

Here are the details.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/updated-1-14-20-the-fw-dismeet-2020.3779003/

j

jlundeen,

The fall is a very busy season at the Fort. The summer heat and humidity is waning and many of the locals start their camping season. If your search included a weekend, everything is probably booked. Even many weekdays are gone.

Depending on when you were interested in and how you feel about meeting a bunch of us on the DOS Camping forum, we are having a DIS Meet in October. Reservations are through a travel agent only and I think there are still some Premium sites available. The prime dates are October 10-17th, but some of us are coming in earlier.

Here are the details.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/updated-1-14-20-the-fw-dismeet-2020.3779003/

j
Thanks for the info, and the invitation. We're traveling in early Nov, with our trip in the middle of a longer journey which includes additional reservations, so not real flexible. I figured after the Halloween stuff, and before the Christmas stuff gets really going strong, it would be more open....

I'll keep watching... Hopefully things will loosen up a bit.

Hello Campers.. I looked through the first few posts for info on this, and the last couple of pages, but it seems there really hasn't been activity here since Feb. So I'll ask my question just in case anyone knows anything,

Like many others, our reservation for the Campgrounds got nixed due to the shut down. We're currently considering a fall rebooking, but have not been able to see ANY availability at the Campgrounds from Nov 1st through the end of the year. Never had that happen before!

Anyone know if there are planned shut downs, or of something else going on? Thanks... feel free to point me to a different area if appropriate.
I’m just guessing but my thought is that many people had to rebook their trip and it might already be full during that time period. I would try calling if I were you

I'm sure there will be a lot of rebooking taking anything available through the end of the year, but October at the Fort usually books up near the 499 day window. I know many people have the 499 date on their calendars.

j

The thing about booking at the Fort is that "locals" (folks who live within a couple hours of the Fort) like to book weekends (especially) WELL in advance and use their annual pass with it. That makes it harder for "outsiders" who need more than a Sun-Thur night trip to get in.

Also November is popular with folks who want the MK Christmas party nights and camper decorations. And Thanksgiving week is booked WAY in advance (been there, done that).

If you are vigilant you might snag a site as cancellations occur. It's not uncommon at all at this time of the year to not find any longer availability during EoY holiday months at the Fort. It's just limited supply and growing demand making it tougher to snag a site on short notice (8 months out aiming for the holiday season).

Keep trying is all we can advise.

Bama Ed

I’m trying to find out the name of the pony my little girl rode at the tri circle d ranch. He was a little white One and is used for Cinderella’s coach and Christmas parade. She rode him back in September and for the life of me I can’t remember his name? Any ideasFFAA334E-8828-42C4-AC85-A127C63C7700.jpeg

I know only 3 names (But there are more): Lily, Lady, and Ferdinand. It is unlikely it was Lily because she is probably too young still to ride. I hope this helps!

So I have a split stay reservation for October that includes the Cabins for the last part of our trip. I'm wondering if I will have any luck trying to change my reservation to make it all FW. Our first part is BWI for proximity to DHS and Epcot and because my DH fell in love with their Club Level. But if CL looks very different, it might not be worth the extra cost.
But more importantly, I'm thinking FW might be the best resort during a pandemic as there are so many fewer shared spaces or interiors! 😋

October is a very busy time at the Fort, but cabins generally have availability. Try calling the reservation CMs and see what they can do.

j

Have a question about the bedroom in the cabins. The pictures online make it look like the bed is against the wall. Is that true or is there at least a little room to walk on each side of the bed? Trying to see if someone will have to crawl into it. TIA

I have a question about parking that I did not see in the intro pages but could have overlooked. I haven't stayed in the cabins in 8 years, but we are staying in them again in November. Do they charge for parking? It seems crazy to me to do so.

I have a question about parking that I did not see in the intro pages but could have overlooked. I haven't stayed in the cabins in 8 years, but we are staying in them again in November. Do they charge for parking? It seems crazy to me to do so.

Yes for the cabins.

No for the campsites.

If you're looking for logic in Disney's position, good luck. :sad2:

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter