(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the great info here. If one was interested in a fireworks view as well as possibly being close to Gasperilla's, is there a building (non club-level)/area to request? Thanks. Looking forward to this stay!

We always bring our own coffee and baskets filters from home when we stay in a villa. :) We'll also pack some breakfast items. When we stayed at OKW we used a grocery service that was available to DVC guests. It cost us $10 and it was for food that was available in the resort market. They brought our order to our room and put the food away for us. It was very convenient and well worth the $10. We had breakfast in the room every day. I don't know if they still offer that service.

We plan on cooking out breakfast in the room on a few mornings. I have heard of the grocer places, but not sure I can call them by name here on the boards. But that's what we'll be using.
Thanks for the tip on the coffe though. We'll definitely add it to our list!

We plan on cooking out breakfast in the room on a few mornings. I have heard of the grocer places, but not sure I can call them by name here on the boards. But that's what we'll be using.
Thanks for the tip on the coffe though. We'll definitely add it to our list!
Your 2 bedroom will also have a washer/dryer but only 1 small box of laundry detergent. I bring laundry pods to do laundry with. The kitchen will have enough dishwasher and dish soap.
IMO the less desirable views are the first floor villas right next to the entry doors and a villa or two on the second floor that overlooks a roof. My villa stay @ the VGF I had an awesome standard view looking out the front of the villas building on the 4th floor - I loved watching the monorails glide by and to the left I could see the lake, the Poly and the wedding pavilion. This time I had to go for a lake view as the standards were taken when I reserved and I'm afraid the view won't compare to that standard view.
Do plan to visit the Basin White Store in the main building to buy some bath bombs for the bubble tub as a treat for your DW & DD - it's like bathing in champagne, although I could never figure out how to make that TV in the bathroom mirror work :)

Last edited:
"I'm checking in on October 9! Does anyone know if there is a Fuel Rod kiosk at the GF?"

Anyone know the answer to this? Inquiring minds want to know.

"I'm checking in on October 9! Does anyone know if there is a Fuel Rod kiosk at the GF?"

I'm not positive, but when we were there last month, I didn't see one anywhere.

Oh my, I've been away from this thread for so long! Our last few trips while DD was in high school were F&WF long weekends, so we stayed at the YC or BC for convenience. It's beautiful there but we missed the place of most of our happy WDW memories, our beloved Grand!

Now that DD is a college freshman(!) and is done in early May, we can take a full week to be back at our happy place! I'm thinking of surprising her, as it'll be her birthday week, with a deluxe room for the first time.
There's so much great info to get through here, and it might take a while to find answers to my specific questions, so I thought I'd ask the experts about the location of the deluxe rooms, as in which buildings are they in (not doing club level) and do they all have balconies?

Thanks so much! Now I'm off to update my signature...

:sunny:

Last edited:

Yes, they have a kiosk in the convention center. We got a Fuel Rod our last trip (June), and exchanged it every day there!

Oh my, I've been away from this thread for so long! Our last few trips while DD was in high school were F&WF long weekends, so we stayed at the YC or BC for convenience. It's beautiful there but we missed the place of most of our happy WDW memories, our beloved Grand!

Now that DD is a college freshman(!) and is done in early May, we can take a full week to be back at our happy place! I'm thinking of surprising her, as it'll be her birthday week, with a deluxe room for the first time.
There's so much great info to get through here, and it might take a while to find answers to my specific questions, so I thought I'd ask the experts about the location of the deluxe rooms, as in which buildings are they in (not doing club level) and do they all have balconies?

Welcome Back! Not that I am here as often as I would like and I am definitely no expert, but we did have a deluxe room this past May. So from what I understand there are deluxe rooms in all the buildings. They are the room with the rounded front, I believe there are 4 on each floor of each building but I could be wrong there might be more. Unfortunately not all have balconies and we unfortunately didn't get a balcony last May. I was however so happy to get our room at 9:30 am so I didn't complain but I missed it terribly. I think most have balconies if that helps.

Family Trip with a split stay at VGF and BCV in late November. We will have a standard 2 bedroom and a standard studio. Any recommendations for rooms?

I am disappointed that the closest pool will be closed. Do you think they will allow us to use the Poly pool instead?

@WishesQueen was pretty close. The only deluxe rooms without a balcony are the top floor. For outer building that is floor 5 , for sl its floor 4. If you look at pix of the buildings you can see that.

I only have had the one in sl 2nd floor. We loved the extra space but the balcony door doesn't have a curtain, just a sheer so the room doesn't get fully dark like the std rooms. I don't mind but my dh didn't care for that.

Summer after college is a great time to go to WDW!

Family Trip with a split stay at VGF and BCV in late November. We will have a standard 2 bedroom and a standard studio. Any recommendations for rooms?

I am disappointed that the closest pool will be closed. Do you think they will allow us to use the Poly pool instead?
The courtyard pool is really nice! If kids are young the splash area will be great for them and more fun than a slide.

You can inquire at checkin. They did let people from poly come to gf so it's a maybe. However disney often does things on a "ask for it" basis so you may not get your answer until you get there. Good luck!

For room request: you either want to ask to be adjacent or same floor if needed OR do you want high floor or the end facing poly? On the dvc thread there is more info if needed.

Thanks for all the great info here. If one was interested in a fireworks view as well as possibly being close to Gasperilla's, is there a building (non club-level)/area to request? Thanks. Looking forward to this stay!
You need to book TPV in order to see fireworks from your room unless you just get lucky.

Gaspies or the boat dock both have music piped in and are easy to get to.

29 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

I have wanted to stay at GF since I was younger.
I remember passing it on the monorail and always saying WOW....one day.
To be going with DW and DD....I'm just so grateful.

We are going with friends who are DVC members, and we worked out an arrangement to split the room with them.
We have a 2 bedroom villa.

You will love the GF! Have a great time :wizard:.

Welcome back! Have fun planning your trip back to the GF :goodvibes.

Just want to see my ticker :yay: I cannot wait for our first stay at the GF:cool1:

You will love the Grand! Have a great trip :jumping1:.

Thanks everyone! I'm just not sure what to request. Conch Key is our sentimental favorite building; don't think I'd like Sago, especially if we're on the monorail side. Not a fan of Big Pine Key either. Also, a balcony is very important.

Decisions, decisions!

Thanks everyone! I'm just not sure what to request. Conch Key is our sentimental favorite building; don't think I'd like Sago, especially if we're on the monorail side. Not a fan of Big Pine Key either. Also, a balcony is very important.

Decisions, decisions!

Call and request conch put on your reservation as 1st choice and not sago 2nd choice. Online check in no longer lets you pick buildings. My sept trip was last I saw options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter