(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planning on booking a week at SL during Fourth of July - does the resort or CL do anything special during the holiday? How able are guests allowed to see fireworks - from either Marina or Beach?

Planning on booking a week at SL during Fourth of July - does the resort or CL do anything special during the holiday? How able are guests allowed to see fireworks - from either Marina or Beach?
We weren't staying at GF over the 4th of July holiday but we did go over to the GF to watch the fireworks from MK on July 3rd. We watched them from the marina, along with a good size group of people. They piped the music in and we had a great view of the very special 4th of July fireworks. MK has the special fireworks on both July 3rd and 4th. It was a great place to watch them and I was really glad that we decided to go over there that night. We also had a great dinner at Citrico's before the fireworks went off. :)

Not sure about food however fireworks can be seen with music piped in from outside gaspies and down by boat dock.

Also the rpc TPV rooms above gaspies and some of the marina side (my 4th floor room did) of SL also could hear and see from balconies.

Recently I posted the exit of BC towards the water and you could see from there but only hear what drifted from MK.

We weren't staying at GF over the 4th of July holiday but we did go over to the GF to watch the fireworks from MK on July 3rd. We watched them from the marina, along with a good size group of people. They piped the music in and we had a great view of the very special 4th of July fireworks. MK has the special fireworks on both July 3rd and 4th. It was a great place to watch them and I was really glad that we decided to go over there that night. We also had a great dinner at Citrico's before the fireworks went off. :)
It looks like you'll be at BC when I'm at bwi 11/29-12/1. :)

I haven’t done GF for July 4th but we did Poly CL for the 4th this past year. On the 4th, Poly CL decorates and has a special menu for evening apps. Offerings were hot dogs (really more like like a brat with a fancy bun), sliders, and various sides. Nothing over the top, just a light 7/4 touch. I’m not sure if the GF CLs do anything special?

You probably know this but the 7/3 and 7/4 fireworks are a special show. They shoot off big fireworks from the island in the middle of the 7 Seas Lagoon that effectively mirror the ones shot off from the traditional behind the castle launch site. There are also other parts of the show where they shoot off fireworks all around the perimeter of the MK.

I would recomend finding a spot with a full view of the lagoon / MK for the best viewing. Something like the boat doc as @Wood Nymph suggests. I’m not sure I would recommend the beach since you don’t have a good view of the MK from there and not sure about the music? Gaspy’s is also an option but the buildings may obstruct some of the perimeter shots? I’m guessing on this as I don’t have first hand experience.

The pic below is from the Poly but it gives you a good idea just how “all around the lagoon” portions of the show really are. I was a bit bummed how short the show was if I’m being honest, but there are parts (like the moment in the pic) that are truly breathtaking. Having the main fireworks ‘simulcast’ from the island in the middle really makes a LOUD show as well!

247F79E7-C6A3-4DC8-BC04-88060356B8DB.jpeg

We stayed at Poly CL over the 4th this year, but I remember reading that GF was doing something special this year on July 4 and I wish I had taken a picture of the sign posted on the grounds. From memory, they had a cookout including steak and shrimp, specialty drinks, music, crafts for kids, desserts, and a fireworks viewing spot I believe. I think it was quite costly, but sounds like a good time! I don't remember reading any feedback or reviews, but I'd be curious to hear how it was.

I would recomend finding a spot with a full view of the lagoon / MK for the best viewing. Something like the boat doc as @Wood Nymph suggests. I’m not sure I would recommend the beach since you don’t have a good view of the MK from there and not sure about the music? Gaspy’s is also an option but the buildings may obstruct some of the perimeter shots? I’m guessing on this as I don’t have first hand experience.
We were in front of Gaspy's and we saw the majority of the fireworks, especially the scene that you posted of the drones dropping the fireworks straight down. I knew we missed some off to the right, behind the building, but I didn't realize that they shot them off from the island. I would love to go back to the GF next July 3rd, and this time stand at the boat dock. :) (We saw the 4th of July fireworks at Epcot and those were great, too.)

We stayed at Poly CL over the 4th this year, but I remember reading that GF was doing something special this year on July 4 and I wish I had taken a picture of the sign posted on the grounds. From memory, they had a cookout including steak and shrimp, specialty drinks, music, crafts for kids, desserts, and a fireworks viewing spot I believe. I think it was quite costly, but sounds like a good time! I don't remember reading any feedback or reviews, but I'd be curious to hear how it was.
The GF's cookout event was something like $149 per person.

Last edited:
We were in front of Gaspy's and We saw the majority of the fireworks, especially the scene that you posted of the drones dropping the fireworks straight down. I knew we missed some off to the right, behind the building, but I didn't realize that they shot them off from the island. I would love to go back to the GF next july 3rd, and this time stand at the boat dock. :) (We saw the 4th of July fireworks at Epcot and those were great, too.)

The GF's cookout event was something like $149 per person.

Duh, I’m an idiot - I misread your post when I replied. Sorry about that. But thanks for the clarification on the view from Gaspys.

That part with the perimeter shots was pretty cool, right? The whole sky was lit up for so long when those big red ones were going.

We had a phenomenal time at Poly. We will in all likelihood stay there for the 4th again next year. I’m sitting here smiling just thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter