(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am loving the pictures of the CL offerings! I am so bummed we are not staying CL this visit. There were no rooms available when we booked. Well I take that back, there was a 5K a night room but hubby was not having it:rolleyes1

Since we will not have the lounge as in the past trips, has anyone used Amazon Now/Fresh and the GF. I was thinking of ordering some bottled water and maybe some snacks. Just curious how it worked out for other guests!

We're set to arrive at the GF for our first visit on Sat. I need to submit our room requests and am having a hard time deciding what to ask for. We're going with our light-sleeping 18month old, so a quiet location is really important to us. I'd prefer not to have a dormer room (we want a nice balcony to sit on at night), and a view would be nice too. :) We're traveling with my parents, so I'd also love to get a connecting room. Any suggestions for what to put for our request? Any buildings that would be better for us? Thanks!

We're set to arrive at the GF for our first visit on Sat. I need to submit our room requests and am having a hard time deciding what to ask for. We're going with our light-sleeping 18month old, so a quiet location is really important to us. I'd prefer not to have a dormer room (we want a nice balcony to sit on at night), and a view would be nice too. :) We're traveling with my parents, so I'd also love to get a connecting room. Any suggestions for what to put for our request? Any buildings that would be better for us? Thanks!
They start assigning rooms a few days ahead of time so might want to do it soon. :)

Make your requests in the order of importance. You might only get one or two of your requests.

Hi there! I can’t help with your specific questions but I wanted to note that rooms are assigned 3-5ish days out, so you really need to go ahead and call your requests in today if at all possible.

FYI, you can always request another room if you get there and it’s not to your liking - if anything is available. Disney operates at such high occupancy that this can be difficult sometimes, but never hurts to ask.

there was a 5K a night room

:scared1: :eek: :faint:

We'll be back at RPC right after Thanksgiving :Pinkbounc.

You don't have too much longer to wait! Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

We're set to arrive at the GF for our first visit on Sat.

The GF is amazing, you're going to love it! Have a great trip :goodvibes.

They start assigning rooms a few days ahead of time so might want to do it soon. :)

Make your requests in the order of importance. You might only get one or two of your requests.

Hi there! I can’t help with your specific questions but I wanted to note that rooms are assigned 3-5ish days out, so you really need to go ahead and call your requests in today if at all possible.

FYI, you can always request another room if you get there and it’s not to your liking - if anything is available. Disney operates at such high occupancy that this can be difficult sometimes, but never hurts to ask.

I agree with both of the above :thumbsup2

Anyone have any photos of gasprilla grill? We're staying at gf for the first time in November and I'm curious about what it's like.

Good morning all! I apologize if these questions were previously asked, but I am in the early stages of planning our next DVC trip for Thanksgiving 2018 and the VGF are one of the resorts we are considering. My question is for those that stayed there, how is the walk to the main building, transportation (buses and monorail) and Gasparilla's? Where is the closest place to fill up our mugs with coffee in the AM? We stayed in a deluxe studio at the Poly in May and absolutely loved the location. It was so convenient to everything, but thinking we want to try the Grand. Appreciate any and all feedback!

I am loving the pictures of the CL offerings! I am so bummed we are not staying CL this visit. There were no rooms available when we booked. Well I take that back, there was a 5K a night room but hubby was not having it:rolleyes1

Since we will not have the lounge as in the past trips, has anyone used Amazon Now/Fresh and the GF. I was thinking of ordering some bottled water and maybe some snacks. Just curious how it worked out for other guests!
Yes, we have used it and it worked out great!

Just booked my 40th bday trip for October 2018!
Grand Floridian, Main Building, Deluxe King room!

Can someone link me up with current info on a Deluxe King room? Update pics? Links? Info I've seen seems to be outdated...??

Thanks! :)

Hey friends!

Booked a GV deluxe room this morning - thanks for the info you gave me last week! Super-excited to try this room type for the first time.

Now that the planning sites I've used in the past are either gone or not recommending parks/days anymore, what do you all do to plan for parks with lower crowds? Do you just go the day after an EMH day? The week we are going has nothing doing but the F&GF, so I know Epcot will be a bit more crowded. Other than that, not sure how to plan my days :scratchin

Just booked my 40th bday trip for October 2018!
Grand Floridian, Main Building, Deluxe King room!

What a great way to celebrate your 40th! Have fun planning :wizard:.

Booked a GV deluxe room this morning - thanks for the info you gave me last week! Super-excited to try this room type for the first time.

Congrats on booking! Hope you have a great time and enjoy the deluxe room :goodvibes.

I am so excited to be staying at this beautiful resorts next month with my mom. I found with the online checkin there was not many options for requests. The only options were what floor you wanted to be on. Been to WDW a few times and there was always more options for the other resorts I have stayed at. Is this usual for GF? A little nervous where we are going to end up. This is my moms very first trip to a WDW and hope we get a decent location and not one super far away from the lobby. Usually you can request to be close to the lobby or which building you would prefer. I found it strang you could only pick what floor. Any information would be great. Thank you

I am so excited to be staying at this beautiful resorts next month with my mom. I found with the online checkin there was not many options for requests. The only options were what floor you wanted to be on. Been to WDW a few times and there was always more options for the other resorts I have stayed at. Is this usual for GF? A little nervous where we are going to end up. This is my moms very first trip to a WDW and hope we get a decent location and not one super far away from the lobby. Usually you can request to be close to the lobby or which building you would prefer. I found it strang you could only pick what floor. Any information would be great. Thank you

Yes, those are the only choices for online check-in now, which is annoying, but you can also call or have your TA call the GF and request a particular building or location that you want. They will add it to your reservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter