(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds fantastic!! I’m celebrating my 40th while we’re there, so I’ll definitely want to enjoy every minute! Do they have mimosas in the a.m.?!! :bitelip::drinking1:ssst::D

@mrsap , I, too, would love to find out more about the lounge offerings! While I’ve seen the generic schedule, I never knew about champagne and scones (I wonder a time of day for this?)! And MIMOSAS would be amazing!

Dd22 loves champagne and loves to make PogMosa ( the POG juice instead of orange). We have requested champagne upon arrival and any time during the day. We have not in the morning but " upon request" should cover that.

At 2:30p they add the scones, jam tarts and (banana?) bread to the other afternoon snacks. . Those are items they serve at The Garden View Tea Room. (When not staying CL we often do GVTR )

Arrival, request a drink and enjoy your view!
IMG_2826.PNG IMG_2827.PNG

Usual afternoon setup. This was SL but same items just displayed differently.
IMG_2828.PNG IMG_2829.PNG IMG_2830.PNG IMG_2831.PNG IMG_2832.PNG IMG_2833.PNG

The 2nd day while she napped I got her champagne then poured some pog and grabbed some treats for when she woke up.

IMG_2835.PNG IMG_2836.PNG

We were there in March for her birthday. However I have tried RPC 2 times , once with her.
Rpc has lots of cozy little spots to sit and relax.

This is my 3rd gf trip this year, sl, std and now rpc. Each are wonderful just slightly different. Hands down our favorite thing is scone time. Dd just loves 'em. Timing is good too because 2:30-4 I am always at the resort.

Celebrating a birthday @mrsap or just having family time @Rachel GB , anytime is better @ RPC !

Last edited:
Dd22 loves champagne and loves to make PogMosa ( the POG juice instead of orange). We have requested champagne upon arrival and any time during the day. We have not in the morning but " upon request" should cover that.

At 2:30p they add the scones, jam tarts and (banana?) bread to the other afternoon snacks. . Those are items they serve at The Garden View Tea Room. (When not staying CL we often do GVTR )

Arrival, request a drink and enjoy your view!
View attachment 283122 View attachment 283123

Usual afternoon setup. This was SL but same items just displayed differently.
View attachment 283124 View attachment 283125 View attachment 283126 View attachment 283127 View attachment 283128 View attachment 283129

The 2nd day while she napped I got her champagne then poured some pog and grabbed some treats for when she woke up.

View attachment 283130 View attachment 283131

We were there in March for her birthday. However I have tried RPC 2 times , once with her.
Rpc has lots of cozy little spots to sit and relax.

This is my 3rd gf trip this year, sl, std and now rpc. Each are wonderful just slightly different. Hands down our favorite thing is scone time. Dd just loves 'em. Timing is good too because 2:30-4 I am always at the resort.

Celebrating a birthday @mrsap or just having family time @Rachel GB , anytime is better @ RPC !

@trishadono , THANK YOU for the awesome photos, info and tips! I really can't wait!!! I will be at Sugarloaf (RPC is a dream, though!), so this is just perfect!

:cool1: Hopefully we can meet up at some point too!
@mrsap , I wonder if there's a way for us to arrange the Disboarder meet up we had talked about awhile back? Maybe creating a new thread with just those of us who would be there tagged/commenting in it, with email alerts enabled?

@trishadono , THANK YOU for the awesome photos, info and tips! I really can't wait!!! I will be at Sugarloaf (RPC is a dream, though!), so this is just perfect!

IMG_0805.JPG IMG_0966.JPG IMG_0223.JPG IMG_0224.JPG

I have stayed in sl a few times. The location is just so convenient! I enjoy both sides for views too. The Mariana side some rooms have a side view of fireworks. The courtyard side faces the pool.

The hallway does exit and you will steps away from the main building if weather is bad. To get back in there is a mb reader FYI.

Here are some of the evening beverages. I like to use the rolling desk and enjoy the scenery.

Last edited:

@trishadono , this is awesome, thank you!!!! Making me more and more excited for the trip!
My husband doesn’t drink alcohol, so I’m hoping there are some non-alcoholic beers available...

I have not seen non alcoholic beers . They do have angry orchard hard cider, iced tea, juices and sodas.

@mrsap , I wonder if there's a way for us to arrange the Disboarder meet up we had talked about awhile back? Maybe creating a new thread with just those of us who would be there tagged/commenting in it, with email alerts enabled?

Whatever works for everyone is fine with me!

@trishadono Hey! Thanks so much for the pictures!! Do you know if any of the wines are Moscato or Riesling? It's hard to tell.

Last edited:
@trishadono Hey! Thanks so much for the pictures!! Do you know if any of the wines are Moscato or Riesling? It's hard to tell.
I don't like my iphone 7 because the pix keep saying too large lol. When I resize then I can't see them.:rolleyes:

Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Reisling and either chardonnay or Pinot grigio. I can't tell in Pix but remember I had never seen the Pinot Noir or Reisling before.

I don't like my iphone 7 because the pix keep saying too large lol. When I resize then I can't see them.:rolleyes:

Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Reisling and either chardonnay or Pinot grigio. I can't tell in Pix but remember I had never seen the Pinot Noir or Reisling before.

Thank you!!!

Just curious - I read that a free yoga class was offered at the GF. Is this still true? (It may be a moot point because I don't want to burn park time!)

Quick Question, GF front desk will ship stuff for me, right? I have some gifts to buy, but not all at the same store. I have boxes wth addresses on them ready, since it will be better to ship them rather than carry them home and post them again. DIS on Facebook said you can only ship from the stores?

Quick Question, GF front desk will ship stuff for me, right? I have some gifts to buy, but not all at the same store. I have boxes wth addresses on them ready, since it will be better to ship them rather than carry them home and post them again. DIS on Facebook said you can only ship from the stores?
The Business Centre, which sits over in the Convention Centre, can ship packages using Fed Ex. They also have boxes et al if your shopping is more successful than you expected! It is not always cheap, but your packages will arrive in the right spot. If you wish to send the boxes by USPS, I would ask at the Front Desk as you check-in just to be sure that parcels can be posted at the Front Desk.

The Business Centre, which sits over in the Convention Centre, can ship packages using Fed Ex. They also have boxes et al if your shopping is more successful than you expected! It is not always cheap, but your packages will arrive in the right spot. If you wish to send the boxes by USPS, I would ask at the Front Desk as you check-in just to be sure that parcels can be posted at the Front Desk.
Thank you so much. That's really helpful!

It’s so much easier when purchasing stuff at Disney to have it shipped from that store.

I purchased a ton of stuff at the emporium the cast member gave me the same form you would use to ship to resort but you can fill out an address and for a small fee they ship it right there.

They will not gift wrap but if you are talking about buying Disney souvenirs in bulk and shipping them home it’s much easier to just do it at time of purchase at the store then making a trip to the business center

It’s so much easier when purchasing stuff at Disney to have it shipped from that store.

I purchased a ton of stuff at the emporium the cast member gave me the same form you would use to ship to resort but you can fill out an address and for a small fee they ship it right there.

They will not gift wrap but if you are talking about buying Disney souvenirs in bulk and shipping them home it’s much easier to just do it at time of purchase at the store then making a trip to the business center
No, I am getting some gifts for some friends. I live in UK, they live in USA, But, the gifts might be from different stores as the children like different things, so, it makes more sense to do ONE box, and send them together, but NOT to take them all the way to UK and then mail them all the way back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter