(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. The resorts that used to have them available for request have started not replacing them as they broke. GF is down to only 1 and when it's gone, there will be no more available.

It would be so much better just to consistently say they are not offered at deluxe properties. Leaving one in operation just seems so odd. Sometimes I question what they are thinking. It's like a band aid, rip it off already. It is also an easier policy to communicate for the CM's when they simply say they are not offered. This is not directed at you but just an observation about another Disney oddity.

It would be so much better just to consistently say they are not offered at deluxe properties. Leaving one in operation just seems so odd. Sometimes I question what they are thinking. It's like a band aid, rip it off already. It is also an easier policy to communicate for the CM's when they simply say they are not offered. This is not directed at you but just an observation about another Disney oddity.

Completely agree.

Do you know if Gasp. has one available to use? We haven’t been since the remodel. I was hoping to pack as much of my daughters dry food as possible (to heat up in microwave) as she has severe food allergies.

Yes they do. But do you have any concerns with using a microwave that various people have heated various items in?

Leaving for our wedding/honeymoon trip in 12 DAYS!!!! My first time staying anywhere other than the BC! We are staying at the GF the first two nights before our wedding and our room block coordinator upgraded our rooms from Garden to Lagoon at no charge! :goodvibes

I'm thinking about canceling our 1900 PF reservation and doing room service breakfast the morning before the wedding. Any reviews on room service at the GF??? I haven't been a fan of room service at BC

The room service breakfast was awful! And I am not picky... we were there in March and we joked it’s bec we live in Nj (used to diner food)...

I got 2 eggs w the potatoes and ended up sick with a stomach ache. My husband got the steak and thought it was ok. We both preferred gaspys and pf breakfast.

The room service breakfast was awful! And I am not picky... we were there in March and we joked it’s bec we live in Nj (used to diner food)...

I got 2 eggs w the potatoes and ended up sick with a stomach ache. My husband got the steak and thought it was ok. We both preferred gaspys and pf breakfast.

Oh no!! I really want to do 1900 PF but the earliest reservation is 8 AM and the dress steaming woman is coming to my room at 9.. I'm not sure if that's enough time. I completely forgot about the quick service location!! So many options at the Grand :cutie:

Do you know if Gasp. has one available to use? We haven’t been since the remodel. I was hoping to pack as much of my daughters dry food as possible (to heat up in microwave) as she has severe food allergies.
Yes Gasp has a micro, all the food courts in all the resorts do thankfully, that and toasters

Online check in pros and cons? If we do it is it hard to change room (if necessary) and what time do they usually text you room number?

Online check in pros and cons? If we do it is it hard to change room (if necessary) and what time do they usually text you room number?
There are really no cons to doing online check in. They assign the rooms several days ahead of time for all of the guests, whether they do online check in or not. My experience, which is limited to two visits in the last two years, has been that some CM's are willing to search for a different room for you and other CM's are content to let you sit in the lobby for four hours, waiting for your room to be ready.

Yet another question.....can’t seem to shut my mind off as I start packing. My youngest takes special milk that I’m having delivered. If I order several do you think bell services would keep some in the fridge as we obviously wouldn’t be able to fit it all in room. This didn’t cross my mind until 3 am, lol, because when we went several years ago and left to visit family for a few days and then came back they offered to store stuff.

There are really no cons to doing online check in. They assign the rooms several days ahead of time for all of the guests, whether they do online check in or not. My experience, which is limited to two visits in the last two years, has been that some CM's are willing to search for a different room for you and other CM's are content to let you sit in the lobby for four hours, waiting for your room to be ready.
Thank you!!!

I just received a welcome email from the grand. It said, wishing you a grand welcome XX family and asking what time I thought we would be arriving? I have never received anything like this, is this new?

Hi all! My family is headed back to VGF for my daughter’s birthday this December. I know things can and do frequently change, but does anyone know if they still have the princess promenade? Sadly we missed it last time.

My wife and I will be there from Dec 12th through Dec 21st for our first GF stay to celebrate our 1-year wedding anniversary. We can't wait!
You’ll love it! We had an awful stay at a different deluxe and we got a little pixie dust and wound up at GF. Now we’re addicted, lol. Doesn’t hurt that we have little girls who are super girly and love GF.

Hi all! My family is headed back to VGF for my daughter’s birthday this December. I know things can and do frequently change, but does anyone know if they still have the princess promenade? Sadly we missed it last time.

It was still going on as of our December trip! Enjoy!

I wondered about the same. Did online check in after asking on here. Got there, went straight to room and wasnt happy with it. Called the front desk right away from that room and they switched me. I had to wait about one hour but it was worth it.

I wondered about the same. Did online check in after asking on here. Got there, went straight to room and wasnt happy with it. Called the front desk right away from that room and they switched me. I had to wait about one hour but it was worth it.
Thanks for the feedback when did they text your room number? Also did you receive a welcome email from the grand asking what time you thought you would arrive and if you had any requests or questions? I have never received anything like this and got one today.

Thanks for the feedback when did they text your room number? Also did you receive a welcome email from the grand asking what time you thought you would arrive and if you had any requests or questions? I have never received anything like this and got one today.

They emailed me my room number first time then second time after switch. I don't recall that email...but I could just be forgetting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!