(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received a welcome email from the grand. It said, wishing you a grand welcome XX family and asking what time I thought we would be arriving? I have never received anything like this, is this new?

Phone calls, emails-- they are so random with us. We will be staying in the main building next month and have heard nothing! One thing is for sure, they definitely are inconsistent-- and it drives me crazy!!

They never give out the room number until check in day. We have received it as early as 9am on check in day and as late as after 5 pm when staying at the GF last Nov. :(
I knew that part :). I just wondered if they might text it while we are on the plane, that would be pretty cool!

That about covers it. Fridge has soda assortment and waters, fruit is always delicious. There's a wireless speaker to play your music off of, a TV and Phone. I book it for the same reason, DD needs shade. I do have to say the quiet pool allows you to have a drink IN the pool and they bring it to you!

What pool do they allow you to have a drink in the pool?? Two years ago I was walking near the pool at AKL and knealed down with a drink and the lifeguard blasted his whistle at me and went off about no drinks in the pool. I wasn't IN the pool sheesh. So my question is does the big pool allow this (not the beach pool with the cabanas).

Hi Everyone!!

WAIT--- REALLY? Like they let you have an alcoholic drink IN the pool! HOT DOG!!!

Yup!! Waitress even comes over to you while your in the pool and delivers it to you in the pool!!! We never knew this either after too many trip to count!!! I read it here and on our next trip we went to that pool and waited to see and as soon as the bar opened everyone had drinks in the pool!!!

Now I just have to hope there are shady spots for DD, she wasn't with us and it was January so I don't know if the same spots will be shady in May/June

Yup!! Waitress even comes over to you while your in the pool and delivers it to you in the pool!!! We never knew this either after too many trip to count!!! I read it here and on our next trip we went to that pool and waited to see and as soon as the bar opened everyone had drinks in the pool!!!

Now I just have to hope there are shady spots for DD, she wasn't with us and it was January so I don't know if the same spots will be shady in May/June

You have made my day!:-):-):-) Thanks for the tip! I had never noticed that either! I tried to take a drink into the other pool last summer and they put the kibosh on that right away! o_O

You have made my day!:-):-):-) Thanks for the tip! I had never noticed that either! I tried to take a drink into the other pool last summer and they put the kibosh on that right away! o_O

Enjoy!! Looks like we'll be overlapping a bit. Our trip is a quick one, thought it was going to be an adult only trip then the guilt set it and the adult kiddies are coming!!!

Hello fellow GF fans...:wave2:

Hi Everyone!!

Hey you!! :hug:...Enjoy the family trip! And the frosty drinks in pool too...

I also drink in the oasis (small pool) at Poly.

I love the courtyard pool so much I will sit there with my wine for an hour while my family is doing other things. AHHH palm trees, soft breezes, nice music......

Perfect description...I can almost see it...ahhhh...:cloud9:...heavenly....I enjoy doing the same...IMO courtyard pool is such a wonderful spot to enjoy the ambience of the Grand!

Fun fact...Big GF anniversary coming up this June...30th...I had read that there was an event planned..but has since been cancelled??? Wonder if its because it coincides with the opening of TSL at DHS..?? :confused3...

Hope that everyone is having a fab Friday!! Counting down till our next WDW trip!! Can't wait...:earsgirl:

Hello fellow GF fans...:wave2:

Hey you!! :hug:...Enjoy the family trip! And the frosty drinks in pool too...

Perfect description...I can almost see it...ahhhh...:cloud9:...heavenly....I enjoy doing the same...IMO courtyard pool is such a wonderful spot to enjoy the ambience of the Grand!

Fun fact...Big GF anniversary coming up this June...30th...I had read that there was an event planned..but has since been cancelled??? Wonder if its because it coincides with the opening of TSL at DHS..?? :confused3...

Hope that everyone is having a fab Friday!! Counting down till our next WDW trip!! Can't wait...:earsgirl:
:flower1: Almost time and are you packed?

I’ll be staying at the Grand Floridian villas for the first time in November for my Disney wedding. We have a lake view one-bedroom villa. I was wondering if any of these rooms have a view of Magic Kingdom? Is there anything else I should request for room location?

I have been stocking up on Disney gift cards from target. Are you able to put one on file for incidentals at the hotel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!