(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone who has stayed recently or who may be there now; find out about construction? I have read several comments about construction going on there on A popular trip review website.

We will be arriving in 25 days and have not received any letter concerning refurbs.

Thank you.

Can someone who has stayed recently or who may be there now; find out about construction? I have read several comments about construction going on there on A popular trip review website.

We will be arriving in 25 days and have not received any letter concerning refurbs.

Thank you.

There has been quite a bit of painting going on with numerous lifts and stuff but that was about it.

I’ll be staying at the Grand Floridian villas for the first time in November for my Disney wedding. We have a lake view one-bedroom villa. I was wondering if any of these rooms have a view of Magic Kingdom? Is there anything else I should request for room location?

Sort-of-ish? I would request the villa ending in -16 and highest floor, hoping for 1516 or 1416. Make sure you mention it's for your wedding with your request, and if your planner can pull any strings maybe have them request it too? Here's the link to our DVC villas and views thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/vgf-villas-views-revised-07-22-2017.3192814/

It's not super active since the photobucket shut down but check out the link for the view from 1514 studio as it's similar. You will get a spectacular view from any high floor one bedroom. We had a standard 1 bedroom on my first "adult" trip back to WDW and it's why I now own vgf points. Even if y'all only plan one trip a year or one trip every few years with the girls I think it might work out. Just saying, I highly expect your inner princess will come out there! :flower3:

The good news is that even if they give you the total opposite of what you requested, you would get a nice view of the wedding pavilion which I would think might be a nice sentimental view!!! :love:

Sort-of-ish? I would request the villa ending in -16 and highest floor, hoping for 1516 or 1416. Make sure you mention it's for your wedding with your request, and if your planner can pull any strings maybe have them request it too? Here's the link to our DVC villas and views thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/vgf-villas-views-revised-07-22-2017.3192814/

It's not super active since the photobucket shut down but check out the link for the view from 1514 studio as it's similar. You will get a spectacular view from any high floor one bedroom. We had a standard 1 bedroom on my first "adult" trip back to WDW and it's why I now own vgf points. Even if y'all only plan one trip a year or one trip every few years with the girls I think it might work out. Just saying, I highly expect your inner princess will come out there! :flower3:

The good news is that even if they give you the total opposite of what you requested, you would get a nice view of the wedding pavilion which I would think might be a nice sentimental view!!! :love:
Thanks! I'm not sure what influence my planner could have since the room is DVC and not in my room block. It looks like most of the firework view rooms are standard and not the lake ones. Not sure I'll luck into someone cancelling that, but you never know. We've looked into buying DVC, haven't been able to pull the trigger yet.

Thank you.

We just got back. They are painting and planting flowers/laying mass amounts of sod. But it's not overly distracting at all. It's one machine for the painting and one for the grounds work. Workers were very polite and neat about their activities. I've never seen anyone dig up so much dirt without making a mess.

Just got back from my vacation and it was the best trip ever!!! I'm even more in love with the GF than I was our last trip. We visited the Poly, AK, YC and BC during our stay. Nothing holds a candle to the GF. I can't wait to go back!! We'd maybe consider AK for another trip, MAYBE. I used to be a die hard Poly fan but after walking over twice at different times of they day, it's just not the same Poly it used to be. *sob*

Anyway, I can't say enough positive things about the staff and our experience there.

Hello fellow GF fans! :wave2:

Thank you.

As hcortesis posted..this is usually the time of year that there is exterior refurbishment going on at the GF...now thru early June I think....You will see lifts around..and hear a bit of noise if they are power washing..but that's about it..we have never found it to be very obtrusive....

There has been quite a bit of painting going on with numerous lifts and stuff but that was about it.

:thumbsup2Thanks for letting us all know!

~You know it's always about the food...but sometimes the shopping too....::yes::...Been researching....lol...so many nice F&G items ...I think I might need a new pair of ears....:scratchin

Hope that everyone is having a magical Monday....:earsgirl:

As hcortesis posted..this is usually the time of year that there is exterior refurbishment going on at the GF...now thru early June I think....You will see lifts around..and hear a bit of noise if they are power washing..but that's about it..we have never found it to be very obtrusive....

~You know it's always about the food...but sometimes the shopping too....::yes::...Been researching....lol...so many nice F&G items ...I think I might need a new pair of ears....:scratchin

I'll be honest. I was just there on the spring break. I was kinda annoyed they would choose such a busy time to power wash and paint during such a busy week. I thought it was a really poor choice to be honest...was kinda surprised they would do it then.

We just got back. They are painting and planting flowers/laying mass amounts of sod. But it's not overly distracting at all. It's one machine for the painting and one for the grounds work. Workers were very polite and neat about their activities. I've never seen anyone dig up so much dirt without making a mess.

We also just got back 2 weeks ago. They were painting the back over GFC and the porch area to Garparilla's. I thought it was a downer to be honest. I hated walking my infant in her stroller past the work going on. I often took the longer way to avoid walking through the dusty and wet paint area. I thought it was a silly time to do that, in the height of spring break. Aside from that stuff, nothing much else going on.

We were there March 10-19 and they had those trucks with the ladders out and some areas blocked off near the back entrance to the main building ... I thought it was odd because it was so crowded but didn’t really give it much thought ... my husband is also blind so things like that sticking out in the way can be an issue, but he was OK ...

Just got back from my vacation and it was the best trip ever!!! I'm even more in love with the GF than I was our last trip. We visited the Poly, AK, YC and BC during our stay. Nothing holds a candle to the GF. I can't wait to go back!! We'd maybe consider AK for another trip, MAYBE. I used to be a die hard Poly fan but after walking over twice at different times of they day, it's just not the same Poly it used to be. *sob*

Anyway, I can't say enough positive things about the staff and our experience there.

Glad you had a great trip! :wizard:

Hey, Blue! Terrific Tuesday down here. Hmm, shopping, F&G, ears are all fine, fine thoughts! You have lovely ideas!

I'll be honest. I was just there on the spring break. I was kinda annoyed they would choose such a busy time to power wash and paint during such a busy week. I thought it was a really poor choice to be honest...was kinda surprised they would do it then.

Honestly..there really isn't a good time to do refurbishments any more...its often very busy...I think January February would be better...but then..this past year it was pretty busy then too...I'm just glad that they keep the resort itself in such good condition for us all to enjoy...:goodvibes

Hey, Blue! Terrific Tuesday down here. Hmm, shopping, F&G, ears are all fine, fine thoughts! You have lovely ideas!

Hey you!! :hug: Hope that you are enjoying your trip!! Would love to see some of those beautiful photos that you take..you always capture the grand essence of the resort! :goodvibes ..but only if you have a bit of time..Don't want to take time away from enjoying your vacay!

~Heads up for anyone interested..free dining packages are now available...and the GF is one of the resorts included....but I noticed that not all of the deluxes are....We prefer room only discount (althought the percentage has been dwindling lately..) but still free dining can be cost effective for many families...:thumbsup2

Hope that you all..like follow are having a terrific Tuesday! :earsgirl:

Anyplace to get a pool noodle close to gf? Sandy cove didn’t have.
You might try the gift shop at BC during an Epcot or DHS day. Or ask the GF gift shop to see if they can call over to inquire.

:wave2: Hi Blue! Yep, all about the food and shopping, lol. Guess who’s going to DL Sunday? ::yes:: And it’s Pixar Fest and Starwars Day during our trip. Should be some good food and shopping! Lol.

You might try the gift shop at BC during an Epcot or DHS day. Or ask the GF gift shop to see if they can call over to inquire.

:wave2: Hi Blue! Yep, all about the food and shopping, lol. Guess who’s going to DL Sunday? ::yes:: And it’s Pixar Fest and Starwars Day during our trip. Should be some good food and shopping! Lol.
Oh you lucky lady! Ill be expecting pix !

So we’re possibly looking at booking gf sugarloaf for our September vacation and this may be a silly question but are there any reports how they handled hurricane Irma or gf in general during last year. I tried searching but I didn’t have much luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!