(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GF was the first resort I stayed at ever on my first trip to WDW. I fell in love with Disney that trip because of that hotel. It is home for me. I think it is just beautiful too and I am normally not a “fancy” person.

I understand exactly how you feel. The moment you walk into the lobby... wow! It is stunning and elegant. I think I love staying there because it makes me feel like a Disney princess. It is truly Grand to me. :lovestruc

I got a new wax warmer and the scent of waxes that I have in it right now smells exactly like the lobby at the GF at Christmastime, I swear! It took me a couple of days to figure it out, and once it clicked I was like, "No wonder it makes me so happy!"

I envy everyone who gets to be there during this time of year. We were there last December 17-20, our first stay ever at the Grand Floridian, and our first time at WDW for the Christmas season. Absolute magic. Literally could not have asked for a more perfect vacation.

Looking forward to returning in June. I went for a short trip with a friend last June, and we stayed at Kidani, which was nice, but when we took a break from MK and went to visit the GF, I knew as soon as we stepped off of the boat...it's home. Took one stay for it to become my favorite. Completely ruined me for any place else! :)

I understand exactly how you feel. The moment you walk into the lobby... wow! It is stunning and elegant. I think I love staying there because it makes me feel like a Disney princess. It is truly Grand to me. :lovestruc

I got married in 1998. I didn't grow up a Disney fan. I knew the characters and stuff of course, it never saw the movies, never went to Disney, etc... my ex wife suggested WDW for the honeymoon because we aren't beach people so going to sit on a beach for a week wasn't appealing. Not convinced I would like I reluctantly agreed.

Fast forward to arriving at the airport. We got on the Mears shuttle (no DME back then) and we headed for out hotel. We pull into the parking lot and up to the door. I immediately think they brought me to the wrong hotel. We are greeted at the shuttle by a CM. Then, we walk into the lobby! :sad:

For the next week I would constantly be amazed every time the monorail pulled back into the hotel and I got to walk back into the lobby on the way to our room (which I still remember exactly where it is). During that trip I decided I needed to learn more about Walt Disney and I have been obsessed with him since.

As I have said, I can't afford to stay there anymore. (I am getting remarried and tried to convince my new fiancé to rent points and stay there again in the villas for that honeymoon but she wants to do something different. I said it would be different, I would have fun on this honeymoon. :rolleyes:) I have stayed at the Contemporary a few times and a bunch of values. They are all great, but nothing like GF. The smell of the lobby, the piano, just sitting in the lobby and relaxing, etc... and the walk around the grounds at night is so peaceful.

Do any of you take the boat to and from MK? I have videos of it. I should upload one.

I agree, the GF is truly Grand :wizard:.

I envy everyone who gets to be there during this time of year. We were there last December 17-20, our first stay ever at the Grand Floridian, and our first time at WDW for the Christmas season. Absolute magic. Literally could not have asked for a more perfect vacation.

Looking forward to returning in June. I went for a short trip with a friend last June, and we stayed at Kidani, which was nice, but when we took a break from MK and went to visit the GF, I knew as soon as we stepped off of the boat...it's home. Took one stay for it to become my favorite. Completely ruined me for any place else! :)

Disney (and the GF) is just amazing during the holidays!! I'm hoping to get back there December next year as my last December trip was 2010 :(.

Hope you have a great time in June. Enjoy the rest of your planning :goodvibes.

I have stayed at the Contemporary a few times and a bunch of values. They are all great, but nothing like GF. The smell of the lobby, the piano, just sitting in the lobby and relaxing, etc... and the walk around the grounds at night is so peaceful.

I agree, the GF is such a relaxing resort :cloud9:.

I returned Sunday from a fantastic stay in a 2 bedroom villa at the Grand, I can't say enough about how great the room was! The space was perfect for our family which included my husband, 2 year old son and my parents.

One question. Does anyone know what kind of pillows are on the beds? My mother, who suffers from migraines and is not a good sleeper got great sleep with the pillows there. Thanks much!!

If you book a cabana, do they charge you in full at time of booking or do they just hold your credit card?

‘Fancy’ is a state of mind!! ;)

I agree, that's why I put it in quotes. :)

Being a male I don't feel like a princess but I do think this hotel is what Disney is supposed to be all about when it comes to service.

I agree, the GF is truly Grand :wizard:.

Disney (and the GF) is just amazing during the holidays!! I'm hoping to get back there December next year as my last December trip was 2010 :(.

Hope you have a great time in June. Enjoy the rest of your planning :goodvibes.

I agree, the GF is such a relaxing resort :cloud9:.

Yes! You get the best of both worlds. You get the excitement of the parks but then you come back and it is so quiet and relaxing you can wind down while still being in the bubble and seeing MK. People often ask me why I love Disney so much and I always tell them I can't explain it. There is just something about it. There are a few places in property where I just feel so relaxed and at "home" and I can't explain those either. GF is one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter