Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

Bus usually earlier than time on paper in my experience
Have fun!
Thanks all!

I think we will just go there at 11:00 since we would have to be out of our room by then. It will just be my husband and I so I think we can easily get there at 11:00 which should give us time even if the bus is early.

We're planning on flying in to MCO late in the evening - between 8-10PM. This will be January and I'm worried about weather delays. What happens to your luggage if you were scheduled to arrive before 10 but end up getting in later.

We're planning on flying in to MCO late in the evening - between 8-10PM. This will be January and I'm worried about weather delays. What happens to your luggage if you were scheduled to arrive before 10 but end up getting in later.

Just happened that I answered this exact question in a different post recently. And in the trip mentioned below, when we checked our bags, we were due to land at 9:30 but our flight left late, so we landed after 10:00 so I did decide to go get my bags instead of letting them get delivered the next morning.

I'm going to be the opposing vote.
Unless we are scheduled to land after 10:00, I do not get my bags, no matter how late we land.
I have no need my bags for the night, everything I need for the night and next day is in my carry on bag. Since I have no need for my bags I see no need to go get them. I'm not going to use them till the next day no matter what. I call and have bell services hold the bags till morning.
If, something happens and the flight is delayed and we do land after 10:00 PM, I can make the choice then about going to get the bags or letting them go ahead to baggage claim.
I got to witness how that process works last year. We had a flight that landed after 10:00, as much as I try to always avoid them. While I was picking up my bags there were numerous bags with yellow tags coming through. I assume since it was close to 10:00 these are likely from guests who were delayed in transit. Anyway, I watched the process the airlines use for them, and asked a few questions while waiting for my bags.
Each airline sends someone out to gather bags left on the belt. This is SOP, not just at MCO for Disney bags. There's always bags that are unclaimed. They bring them all to the airline baggage office.
The difference is at MCO, they have an area where all the bags with yellow tags are stored for the night, together and semi secured, waiting for the Bags, Inc employees to return that next morning. There is someone designated to go to each baggage claim office and retrieve all the bags that arrived after 10:00 the night before. They are then routed on to the resorts.
While the bags did remain in semi secure areas they weren't locked up and they are left on the belt for a while before they are gathered and taken to the office. I'm not crazy about that so I grabbed my bags and would anytime we land after 10:00 unexpectedly

We are flying and using DME for the first time on July 9th. I realized yesterday that we had not received our tags yet so I called and was told they were sent to my travel agency (I am a TA but have never booked DME since all of my clients have flown). They are sending new tags to my house, but said it will take 7-10 business days. Anyone with experience know if it really takes that long? 10 business days is after we leave.

We are flying and using DME for the first time on July 9th. I realized yesterday that we had not received our tags yet so I called and was told they were sent to my travel agency (I am a TA but have never booked DME since all of my clients have flown). They are sending new tags to my house, but said it will take 7-10 business days. Anyone with experience know if it really takes that long? 10 business days is after we leave.
They aren't needed. As a TA I'd have thought that would be part of the training. Sometimes ME does drop the ball quite often, that's for sure
At any rate, it's part of the info you get as you reserve the ME at the beginning.
If you don't get tags you just give your claim checks to the ME agents and they'll record your luggage claim numbers and go get the bags for you and deliver them.
All the instructions should be on your confirmation paper work

They aren't needed. As a TA I'd have thought that would be part of the training. Sometimes ME does drop the ball quite often, that's for sure
At any rate, it's part of the info you get as you reserve the ME at the beginning.
If you don't get tags you just give your claim checks to the ME agents and they'll record your luggage claim numbers and go get the bags for you and deliver them.
All the instructions should be on your confirmation paper work

I knew they weren’t needed and that we could just give them our baggage claim numbers, but in my head I feel like there’s less of a chance of another person taking the black suitcase that looks like theirs or of Disney missing it completely since there is no yellow tag.

And, I have been waiting to ride DME for years now and I want the full experience. Yellow tags and all. But it was my fault that they were sent to our office rather than to me directly so we will deal.

I knew they weren’t needed and that we could just give them our baggage claim numbers, but in my head I feel like there’s less of a chance of another person taking the black suitcase that looks like theirs or of Disney missing it completely since there is no yellow tag.

And, I have been waiting to ride DME for years now and I want the full experience. Yellow tags and all. But it was my fault that they were sent to our office rather than to me directly so we will deal.
I understand the concerns but we have had to go without yellow tags often. We frequently have more than 1 suitcase a person and/or travel with out having gotten the yellow tags. It's never been a problem. At any rate, I hope you get the tags in time. They do send them quickly

When a TA books your reservations, they 'own' that reservation until you are standing at the resort...so to speak. So, it would be very unusual for the DME letter with tags to be sent to the guest. It almost always goes to the TA, and many people have been caught unawares. I understand your concern about your black bags looking just like every other black bag on the carousel. I would do anything I could to make it look different...wrap brightly colored ribbon on the handles, but don't let it hang off since that can get caught in machinery at the airport. Or, use Duck Tape and make a pretty design on the front and back of the bags. Anything to make it stand out, among the other black bags.
Or, if you're really concerned, just go to baggage claim and get them yourselves, and have them travel to the resort with you.

When a TA books your reservations, they 'own' that reservation until you are standing at the resort...so to speak. So, it would be very unusual for the DME letter with tags to be sent to the guest. It almost always goes to the TA, and many people have been caught unawares. I understand your concern about your black bags looking just like every other black bag on the carousel. I would do anything I could to make it look different...wrap brightly colored ribbon on the handles, but don't let it hang off since that can get caught in machinery at the airport. Or, use Duck Tape and make a pretty design on the front and back of the bags. Anything to make it stand out, among the other black bags.
Or, if you're really concerned, just go to baggage claim and get them yourselves, and have them travel to the resort with you.
One idea floating around has been to use yellow ribbon so the color is similar to the ME tag. And along those lines, and thinking about something that wouldn't be caught, yellow duck tape tag that is of the same shape/size as a ME tag would be very easy to fashion and attach to the bag handle.

The DME information just came in the mail. Only my daughter is flying in; my husband, son, and I are driving down, but all four of us are in the same room. We received two yellow tags--one in her name and one in mine. Can she use both of them? (I told them when I called to give flight information that she'd need two.) Also, my name is on the letter with "no flight information provided" under arriving and departing flight information. Should I call about this? I don't want her to have any problems getting DME when arriving or for them to be expecting me and then not claim the second piece of luggage if I don't check in.

The DME information just came in the mail. Only my daughter is flying in; my husband, son, and I are driving down, but all four of us are in the same room. We received two yellow tags--one in her name and one in mine. Can she use both of them? (I told them when I called to give flight information that she'd need two.) Also, my name is on the letter with "no flight information provided" under arriving and departing flight information. Should I call about this? I don't want her to have any problems getting DME when arriving or for them to be expecting me and then not claim the second piece of luggage if I don't check in.
Yep, as long as her name is on the reservation, and she's in the same room, it's fine. All they are looking for it the resort name, lead reservation name, and who else is in that room.

We are flying in this Friday for a split reservation and received our luggage tags a while ago. However, last week I called and requested more. Verified twice that the info was correct for 27th, yep...nope! The tags arrived with our 2nd reservation date on them, and now it’s too late.

Can I cut the tags in half and affix them to yellow duct tape?

We’ve experienced stolen luggage from the carousel and don’t want our bags there without us. Thank you!

I’ve cut them many times, from my last trip [GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Attachments

• 18A0F6B0-5F86-4499-9E4C-D4E701182F9B.jpeg
    18A0F6B0-5F86-4499-9E4C-D4E701182F9B.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 42
We are flying in this Friday for a split reservation and received our luggage tags a while ago. However, last week I called and requested more. Verified twice that the info was correct for 27th, yep...nope! The tags arrived with our 2nd reservation date on them, and now it’s too late.

Can I cut the tags in half and affix them to yellow duct tape?

We’ve experienced stolen luggage from the carousel and don’t want our bags there without us. Thank you!
There's no reason you can't use the ones with the 2nd date on them.
Just cross out the wrong info and write in the correct info.
I've done this.
If you don't get the correct tags between now and then you'll have to either use those, claim your own bags or give them your claim checks to go claim your bags.
They specifically say DO NOT CUT right on the tag.
Right on the back
IMG_7486.jpg

I would not do it, despite others saying they've done it. Because instructions say do not do it.

Last edited:
DH and I are considering flying on our next trip, so I'm trying to read through this thread- so much information!! We will be staying at POP. There will be three of us - flying Southwest.. so 3 checked bags and 3 carryon bags, including DH's C-pap machine. Once the DME gets us to our resort, we want to go to the parks, but obviously don't want to take all 3 carryon bags with us, and certainly not the C-pap machine. Will the resort hold our carry on luggage for us and get it to our room (when it's ready)? DH is nervous about leaving the C-pap machine, as it's pretty expensive. Anyone else do this? Any problems/issues?

Yes, the resort will store your carry on bags until the room is ready. You call them and let them know when you are in the room and they'll bring it to you.
People do it all the day, every day. Disney makes it easy and takes great care of things. Believe me, they don't want something to happen to your stuff any more than you do.

Yes, they are a participating airline. If you want to grab your own bags, then do not put the yellow tags on them. However, based on another thread here on the T. Board, you may get some dirty looks from your fellow passengers on the bus since it takes time to unload people's luggage, rather than allow DME to transport it.:)

Hey, I just noticed you'll be there the exact same time we will!!! Hope your trip is a terrific one, and we have great weather.

Hi great info thx .
I would like to avoid baggags fees for myself and grandkids on airline flight ( wesjet) and will be using carry on luggage on plane instead .( we have DME TAGS)
My questions are , Once we get off plane in Orlando with our carry ons, can I then put the DME luggage tags on ? So they
can be delivered right to my room on the bus?
Would I go some desk / area at Orlando airport in particular to do this to be loaded on DME bus ?
Don't want dirty looks if I can help it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!