Disney's Parks Chief Bob Chapek Emerges as Strong Contender to Succeed Iger

While he hasn’t been fantastic he hasn’t been Pressler bad yet either.
Okay, that sounds understandable. Let's just hope that this is a rumor, but if he is elected, I want to hear what he wants to do with the company first before passing judgement. But right now, I'm a bit dubious of him being a great ceo.

I think a lot of fans were hoping for Lassiter but of course that won't be happening now
Nope. I'm afraid not, after what he did. I don't know who should be the next ceo. I was thinking a Disney family member like Roy E. Disney's son Roy P. Disney, but I'm afraid that will not happen.

I'm going with Bob Chapek. Not to name drop, but I've been around Eisner, Iger, even Staggs, of all of them, and on a purely personal level, I got the best vibe from Bob Chapek.

I'm going with Bob Chapek. Not to name drop, but I've been around Eisner, Iger, even Staggs, of all of them, and on a purely personal level, I got the best vibe from Bob Chapek.
That’s interesting. He seemed very awkward at D23.

I agree. I have a feeling that being in front of the camera is not something he enjoys all that much. He appears to be more at home dealing with smaller groups or doing one on one interviews. Recently at the Pandora dedication ceremony, I knew he had to be there but I had to look around for him. And even though he's Chairman of the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, there he was, off to side. He appeared to be very comfortable being in the background while Iger and Cameron were in the limelight. I kinda like that. He's no Eisner in that respect. Hopefully there's no skeletons in his closets.

Apple's Tim Cook was never much for putting himself in front of crowds. He's apparently gotten a little more comfortable with it as time goes on, but even today, he's clearly happy to let others take the stage.

What have you heard?
He is very IP driven and wants to profit off of them in the parks hence why ToT was changed in DCA. He does come from a background in consumer products so that makes sense. I can't say I have heard about his interactions specifically with CMs. I have heard he can or might be a figurehead.

He is very IP driven and wants to profit off of them in the parks hence why ToT was changed in DCA. He does come from a background in consumer products so that makes sense.
Yes it does. He's also a cost cutter, hates waste and is tight with the purse strings. I think he'll do well if he's selected.

Yes it does. He's also a cost cutter, hates waste and is tight with the purse strings. I think he'll do well if he's selected.
I just don't think not having any experience with entertainment makes him not the right candidate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!