Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long would it take to get from Poly to HS?
Specifically wondering what time we would have to leave to make it for 8:30 Fantasmic with a fastpass.

The ride itself is only about 20 minutes, but you may need to wait for a bus, then get through security, then get back to the theater. I'd plan to be at the bus stop by 7.

Plus the Poly bus will usually stop at GF after Poly, so factor that in as well. That adds a bit of time to the overall trip.

Does anyone have any experience with the Poly Villa Deluxe Studios? I haven't stayed there since 1997 and I know the location of the buildings but was curious about the walk. We are waiting for discounts and want GF but Poly is doable at rack rate for us if we do either standard view or the studio. Currently the standard view is not available when we want to travel. Thanks!

PS - asking for my hubby who is blind. No stamina issues anymore but i worry about a long and windy path and him getting lost if he wants to walk by himself.
Last year we stayed in Tokelau in a DVC studio. The walk to the bus stop was a short pretty straight walk but it was a winding longer walk to the TTC for the monorail.
If you get a detailed resort map maybe you can see which longhouse might work better for you.

Hey October Poly Peeps!!!

Magic Kingdom hours have FINALLY been extended!!!

1:00 am EMH closing and Midnight regular closings!

Some nights at AK are now 8:30, 9:00 or 9:30!!!

About time! I would have been shocked if they closed earlier than midnight on a Saturday night!

Soooo excited!!

Thank you! I didn't realize the ttc is right there??

How did you like the room? It looks beautiful based on the Disney website pics.
Last year we stayed in Tokelau in a DVC studio. The walk to the bus stop was a short pretty straight walk but it was a winding longer walk to the TTC for the monorail.
If you get a detailed resort map maybe you can see which longhouse might work better for you.

Thank you! I didn't realize the ttc is right there??

How did you like the room? It looks beautiful based on the Disney website pics.
We had asked for Tokelau after seeing room views on the Touring Plan site. We wanted a west view but got an east view and could see the sunrise and the Contemporary resort. Despite online reports we weren't bothered by the ferry horn.

The room was wonderful with two bathrooms, one with a beautiful rain shower! We were also close to the laundry in the next longhouse. We are going again in a few weeks and are faxing a request today for Tokelau again.

IMG_3326.JPG IMG_3327.JPG Poly TPV Room in Hawaii 3rd Floor - incredible view and everything we had hoped for. Room has been very comfortable air conditioning wise, turn down service so far has been nightly, Concierge Team Members David (who is also a dead ringer of Sal from impractical jokers), Chris, Edward and a couple of others whose names I must remember to write down have been so friendly and sweet! We rented a cabana for 3 of our days and yesterday was day 1 and we loved the convenience of it so much I took a daytime nap in it :laughing:. Arrived around midnight 9/15 and here until 9/26 and I can already see leaving will be a problem not for us but them as they try and drag us out of here. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

ErinsMommy is trying to soften my resolve NOT to pay for a CL room. I think she's evilllllllllllllllllllllllllllll and and it's working......:furious::P:smooth:

Meant to post these pictures earlier, of what we considered to be blatant damage/shoddy craftmanship to our room in Rarotonga 3813

HpyHKUS.jpg

Corner of the wall is really worn down and cracked.

I47SZX4.jpg

Part of the hardware for the towel rack on the front of the vanity was hiding under the sink. So the rack wasn't even fastened to the vanity, it was just propped up there.

40Ef6WC.jpg

Really bad touch up paint jobs where the paint doesn't even match

GUJ6G1Y.jpg

Wood isn't cut to be flush in the seam

These are things that odds are if you aren't trapped in the room during a hurricane you wouldn't notice, but we did when you spent nearly 2 whole days in the room without being able to leave it.

Just booked my first ever Poly stay for April 15-21! Friends of ours rented us their dvc points so we are staying in a studio! I am so excited. This will be my 16th WDW trip! My last 2 trips we stayed at the Contemporary so I'm excited for the change. This will actually be my DH's first real Disney trip. He's only visited MK once and Epcot once while staying elsewhere. I usually travel with my mom to Disney. I've been following this thread for some time now and have enjoyed reading all of the helpful tips!

Congrats on booking your first Poly trip! The Poly is amazing, you will love it! :wizard:

View attachment 270374 View attachment 270375 Poly TPV Room in Hawaii 3rd Floor - incredible view and everything we had hoped for. Room has been very comfortable air conditioning wise, turn down service so far has been nightly, Concierge Team Members David (who is also a dead ringer of Sal from impractical jokers), Chris, Edward and a couple of others whose names I must remember to write down have been so friendly and sweet! We rented a cabana for 3 of our days and yesterday was day 1 and we loved the convenience of it so much I took a daytime nap in it :laughing:. Arrived around midnight 9/15 and here until 9/26 and I can already see leaving will be a problem not for us but them as they try and drag us out of here. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Thanks for popping in and for sharing the pics. Glad you're having a great time and enjoying the Poly :wizard:.

You sold me! :D We've booked for August 2018...............................well we actually booked last month :P but your review is exactly what my wife and I are hoping for. We try to visit the Poly once on every trip, staying there will be quite a treat!

Doug :goofy:

You will love the Poly, hope you have a great time! :goodvibes

There really is not a bad location in the entire resort. :)

I agree ;).

We leave in a week for a deluxe lagoon view studio at the Poly! Our only request was a high floor, hoping we get it.

Have a great trip! :yay:

the resort is amazing - Im sure any room here would be incredible. :)

:thumbsup2

Got our room assignment, requested first floor Raratonga or Niue and got first floor monorail view side of Aotearoa. At least it's still first floor, and the kids will probably like the monorail more than I'll like being closer to the pools.

Question: I know we can go straight to the room, but we should definitely not do that and go through the GHC and stop at the concierge right? We want to make sure we get our leis and get the full Poly experience.

I just booked an Oasis Pool cabana/patio for October 16! Full Day (10am-7pm) was $58.58. The CM did ask how many are in my party (2 adults, 2 kids both 10 yro). Has anyone else used the cabanas there? What are your experiences or tips? Also, I was wondering if room service can be delivered to the cabana? I would LOVE to have our Twilight Feast poolside! #agirlcandream

Meant to post these pictures earlier, of what we considered to be blatant damage/shoddy craftmanship to our room in Rarotonga 3813

HpyHKUS.jpg

Corner of the wall is really worn down and cracked.

I47SZX4.jpg

Part of the hardware for the towel rack on the front of the vanity was hiding under the sink. So the rack wasn't even fastened to the vanity, it was just propped up there.

40Ef6WC.jpg

Really bad touch up paint jobs where the paint doesn't even match

GUJ6G1Y.jpg

Wood isn't cut to be flush in the seam

These are things that odds are if you aren't trapped in the room during a hurricane you wouldn't notice, but we did when you spent nearly 2 whole days in the room without being able to leave it.
We stayed in that same room from 8/26-9/4. I did notice the towel rack and poor paint touch up. The mouse keepers knew about the towel rack, I let them know, should have been fixed before your stay. We liked the room overall for location and very quiet except for one night we heard screeching frogs all night, did you ever hear them? So annoying. I googled the frogs and that was the sound, the front desk also told us it was frogs! Hope your stay was okay overall!

We stayed in that same room from 8/26-9/4. I did notice the towel rack and poor paint touch up. The mouse keepers knew about the towel rack, I let them know, should have been fixed before your stay. We liked the room overall for location and very quiet except for one night we heard screeching frogs all night, did you ever hear them? So annoying. I googled the frogs and that was the sound, the front desk also told us it was frogs! Hope your stay was okay overall!

We didn't hear anything too overly loud outside of the winds and rain during the hurricane.

Yeah the towel rack never got fixed until I did it myself.

We told them as we checked out and they really didn't seem to care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!