Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question, that I know has probably been asked a few times = we requested joining standard view studio rooms. We arrive around 4pm. IF by chance our rooms are not together, is it worth stopping by the front desk to ask if we could move to rooms that are joining rooms?

There are 288 standard view studios and 72 lake view studios at the Poly. All but 2 of those connect to another room. So it's nearly impossible NOT to have this request met. BUT make sure your request is for "connecting" rooms not "adjacent" or "adjoining" (those just mean "next to", but not necessarily having the door between them) and that the request is noted on both reservations (each referencing the other confirmation number).

If, for some reason the request isn't met, by all means go to the front desk and see if they can move you. That's harder with DVC rooms as they're typically booked to capacity. They may not be able to fix it right away, but they'll try.

FWIW, I've not heard of anyone NOT getting this request.

Steve

Does anyone know why and when the staircase next to the lobby entrance that leads to the monorail was closed off?

Read online that Minnie Vans are now servicing Poly. Anyone there now that can confirm?? This would make me so happy for our trip in 2 weeks!!

And it its true, can someone confirm how you go about and order them? Is it through some app or website, or do you need to request one at the lobby? It wasn't clear to me how they work!

Would anybody have a picture of the current in-room dining menu? We will be there in 3 weeks (yay!!!!!) and my little girl is dying to have her first room service experience. We are already have an ADR for Ohana, so I'm looking to see what else we can get other than the Twilight Feast. Thank you!

And it its true, can someone confirm how you go about and order them? Is it through some app or website, or do you need to request one at the lobby? It wasn't clear to me how they work!
From what I understand, the front desk at participating resorts has to "activate" the Minnie Van option for you. They will then become an option in the Lyft app. Then you are good to go from anywhere on property.

Would anybody have a picture of the current in-room dining menu? We will be there in 3 weeks (yay!!!!!) and my little girl is dying to have her first room service experience. We are already have an ADR for Ohana, so I'm looking to see what else we can get other than the Twilight Feast. Thank you!

Just FYI, the pic in that link is a bit outdated. The latest version of that page has changed a bit, with slightly higher prices. Here’s a pic. @Kelly loves Food I’m happy to take some pics of other sections of the menu if helpful.

File Feb 23, 11 03 56 AM.jpeg

What are your
From what I understand, the front desk at participating resorts has to "activate" the Minnie Van option for you. They will then become an option in the Lyft app. Then you are good to go from anywhere on property.
dates? Which night mnsshp?

We are 10/13-15 with a cabana all day 15th and mnsshp on 13th. Me and dd and bf age 22.

Except for mnsshp I usually wear a Dole whip magic band dd made for me. So I'm easy to spot!

No problem. :thumbsup2

The one funny/amazing thing about comparing those two moments in time... prices increased a smidge on nearly every item on that page except for the Ohana feast, which I would have bet is one of the more popular items!?!?!

Anyway - full disclosure my pic was from Feb or May this year (I can’t quite remember), so there’s a chance even that is outdated by this point.

Do they have a children's menu for in room dining?

Sure, here are the kid's menu pages for breakfast and lunch/dinner. I'll caveat again that this was from earlier this year so it's possible prices or offerings may have changed (although I suspect this is still close to accurate even if things have changed). Hope this helps!

Kids Menu 1.jpeg

Kids Menu 2.jpeg

What are your

dates? Which night mnsshp?

We are 10/13-15 with a cabana all day 15th and mnsshp on 13th. Me and dd and bf age 22.

Except for mnsshp I usually wear a Dole whip magic band dd made for me. So I'm easy to spot!
We are there 12-16, doing MNSSHP on the 13 and 15. We have a half-day cabana on the 13. We'll be dressed as AIW characters for the party on the 13th - DD as Alice, DS as the White Rabbit and DH and I as the Tweedles :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!