Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do have a question, thanks for offering to find out answers!! What are the current pool opening hours?

Hope you have a fabulous stay!

I just got back 2 days ago and although the quiet pool says 11, we sat in the hot tub until 1230 and no one said a word. There was another group in the pool until midnight. We were all being quiet and the clean up crew just did their thing around us. They didn't give any indication that they wanted us to leave, nor did they even acknowledge our existence.

Last edited:
Anyone stay at the Poly and just relax and enjoy the resort? Any no park trips here. Is there enough to entertain you there?

Anyone stay at the Poly and just relax and enjoy the resort? Any no park trips here. Is there enough to entertain you there?

Not specifically at Poly, but we've had 3 resort only trips now and have thoroughly enjoyed each one. There is so much to do outside the parks. I think it would be great at the Poly as you have access to easy transportation.

Last edited:

We haven’t stayed at Poly yet...very much looking forward to it in 7 months! But have visited and eaten at restaurants there. That said, for a truly no-park trip, I would stay elsewhere like the Four Seasons. At Poly you are paying for the amenities of transportation and proximity to parks which you won’t need. So I would look for luxury off-site.

I think having a direct view of Magic Kingdom from the hotel would be too tempting. I would want to go to the park.
And I agree, there are better places to spend your money if you want a resort only trip.

Hi, all. Quick question regarding the sliding doors for either balcony or patio rooms. Anyone have any concerns with the safety of the locking system for young kids? We have a 2 and 5 year-old. Thanks!

We have a full day reservation for an Oasis pool patio and a half day (3-7). I know the pool is open past 7, so who is allowed to use them after 7? Are they open to anyone after that time? Thanks!

Hi, all. Quick question regarding the sliding doors for either balcony or patio rooms. Anyone have any concerns with the safety of the locking system for young kids? We have a 2 and 5 year-old. Thanks!

We find the doors to be very heavy even for us adults to open and there is a lock up high that is out of reach of the little ones. We were never concerned about it.

I would be happy to stay at the Poly and not visit a park. In fact, each time we've stayed there, we've ditched planned park days just to hang out at the resort. If you need a change of scenery, it's awesome to be able to walk to the GF or monorail to the CR.

I have a dinner ADR the evening of our arrival for Ohana. Our flight out just got moved up by airline so our flight departs 5:50am. I'm guessing kids will be exhausted after such an early start to our travel day. Before I cancel our ADR I just want to confirm that we can still order twilight feast in room. This will be for early December trip. Thanks so much!

What color refillable mugs do they have at the Poly now, I heard they all have white handles.

What color refillable mugs do they have at the Poly now, I heard they all have white handles.
Oh, really? All white? If so, that is a cost cutting measure that sucks for families who really use different colors for their kids and such. Boo on that one if its so.

Pink, purple, red, green and blue 2 weeks ago. Yes, white handles.

Oh, really? All white? If so, that is a cost cutting measure that sucks for families who really use different colors for their kids and such. Boo on that one if its so.

It is so.

Yup, just got home. If you want to keep them separated by color it works fine until you take the lids off. I personally was just thrilled they put the handles back on at all.

Yup, just got home. If you want to keep them separated by color it works fine until you take the lids off. I personally was just thrilled they put the handles back on at all.
Oh, the lids are still different colors. Well, may not be as bad as I first thought. Just keep the lids on kiddos!:teeth:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter