Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT + VILLAS Information & Questions

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by maiapapaya, Apr 9, 2015.

1. trishadono

trishadono DIS Veteran

Any pic request ? I arrive just after @Cluelyss on Friday for mnsshp.

I will try to do a std vs cl comparison when I get back. I have 3 std and 6 cl stays , my last std was 2010 I think.

Hard to believe but I am looking forward to a non cl stay. I want room service, Traders and Tambu instead!

2. Runnsally

Runnsally Mouseketeer

Also have a Poly-BC split coming up...strong.

mickeynut1 and trishadono like this.
  3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort.

-->

to hide this advert.
  4. Ferrentinos

Ferrentinos DIS Veteran

Last trip you should've introduced yourself sooner and you and the kids could've camped out with us on the 4th of July! We had plenty of space! :-) Next time!

mickeynut1 and trishadono like this.
  5. kungaloosh22

kungaloosh22 DIS Veteran

Oh, boo. We need a dislike button for stuff like this. Thanks for the report, though!

trishadono likes this.
  6. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

What a great split, the best of both worlds! The Poly is amazing, you will love it! Have a great trip :wizard:.

Me too :goodvibes.

Any pics of the Poly are always nice! Have a great time :).

Have a great trip :wizard:.

ah edwards likes this.
  7. maiapapaya

maiapapaya Totally DIS-tracted!

Aloha Poly peeps! I am sorry the pictures on the first page of the thread have been badly neglected! When the issue arose it was summer and I was busy with our kids. We then had an unplanned trip out of the country. Now that we are back and I am once again (somewhat) organized I am back on getting things fixed. I have to retrieve all of my pictures from Photobucket and then upload them here. It's a tedious process, but I am working on it. Once I get a handle on the photos I will update also the info to reflect the new room categories. I also hope to get some DVC photos when we are back at the Poly in December so I can complete that part of the page. Mahalo for your patience! :thanks:

ETA: Unfortunately it seems that I can only upload 10 pictures per post (now that I am no longer using a third party photo hosting site). Some of the information posts were designed with more than 10 pictures. I can't break the info down and insert new posts since I'm not setting up a new thread. I'm not prepared to pay Photobucket $399/year to support third party photo hosting so I will do my best to patch up the info posts, but unfortunately there will be photos lacking. The only alternative is to completely rebuild the Poly info thread in a brand new thread, which I'm willing to do, just not sure if everyone want to lose the info here from everybody's posts.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  8. BabyFu18

BabyFu18 DIS Veteran

I have a question, at the Polynesian how many rooms are there that are non-club level with 2 queen beds and a roll-in shower? I've been looking at touring plans as well as the tikiman website and all I can see are two rooms with that configuration (a third room with the roll in shower that is a king room, and a fourth that is in the club level building) so for the resort is there really only 4 rooms (non-DVC) that are configured with an accessible roll-in shower? I've called Disney reservation multiple times but they cannot (or will not) tell me how many rooms are available with that setup, but I've tried multiple different trip timelines in 2018 and am told no rooms like I'm looking for are available. If there are only 2 then I'm guessing they are extremely hard to book? Has anyone had a room like that at the Polynesian and if so how much in advance did you have to book it, to secure it?

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  9. trishadono

trishadono DIS Veteran

I had an accessible room in Hawaii first floor 1513 I think . It was accessible but had a tub. Just mentioning so you can x off that one.

BabyFu18 likes this.
  10. Disney & ME

Disney & ME Disney Veteran

I faxed our request in and we got the area we wanted! Tokelau facing west with a distant castle view. We can even see some fireworks from the balcony!

11. Disney & ME

I am here at the Poly DVC and they do not have a corkscrew and the front desk did not the night I asked to borrow one. I was going to have to buy one for $8 or wait a half hour (while my dinner got cold) for someone to bring one to the room, but the CM in the Moana Mercantile gave me a plastic one to use during our stay. I will return before we leave so hopefully they can help another guest out.

scott_flute and GADisneyDad14 like this.
  12. Disney & ME

Maybe we were there on the same day as we experienced the same issue. Our server was taking care of the entire pool area and didn't come back to our table for a very long time. So long that we decided not to order another drink. But, the bartender was just talking with other guests and could have (and should have) come over to check on us.

We also had bad experiences at the Tambu Lounge. One afternoon it took a ridiculous amount of time to get our order taken because the bartender was running back and forth to the Kona. When I asked another server for drinks, she said she couldn't take our order unless we left the bar and moved to the seating around the bar.

Then another night we were tired and just wanted to get a drink and take some wings and pot stickers back to our room. As usual the Tambu and surrounding area was packed with people waiting for Ohana. When I finally got the attention of a bartender I was rudely told I couldn't do take out there and would have to go to Capt Cooks or the sushi bar. I was surprised and asked so if I want the wings, etc do I need to do room service. He said no, I gave you two other options. I was so upset by the incident I let the front desk know and they were very helpful. It just hasn't felt like the usual Disney service at times this trip.

13. anneboleyn

anneboleyn *so make a wish & do as dreamers do*

I am officially booked at the Poly next September (8-14th)! I am so stinkin' excited lol. We are doing a split stay so the week before we will be at AKL, which my DD10 is excited about, but I am most excited about the Poly :) It will be our first stay in a Deluxe...we have only ever stayed at the Value resorts so I am really looking forward to seeing how much different the Deluxes are. It was also the first time I rented DVC points and I seriously wish I would have done this years ago! I am thrilled that I was able to find someone who owned at Poly who was willing to rent me the points at 11 months out!

I hate to wish almost a year of my life away but I cannot wait until next September :)

14. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

No worries, take your time, enjoying the summer and spending time with your kids/family takes precedence. I can only imagine how much work it is to keep up, especially with the Photobucket problems :headache:.

Congrats on booking your first deluxe stay. Both the Poly and AKL are awesome resorts, you will have a great time at both! Enjoy the planning :wizard:.

anneboleyn likes this.
  15. erinkristen04

erinkristen04 Mouseketeer

That sounds beyond amazing!! We will fax our request this Saturday for our first stay at the Poly. We’ll be in a studio, and I hope we will be equally lucky with some pixie dust for room requests. Did you use the number from the allears site? Also do you mind sharing if you are you on the north or south end of Tokelau? Do you think that makes any difference, or do most rooms on the West side have a chance for a distant castle view (with a little neck craning I’m sure!)?

16. trishadono

trishadono DIS Veteran

Tokelau is now DVC so that option is only available if you book a studio FYI.

BabyFu18 likes this.
  17. trishadono

trishadono DIS Veteran

I usually get my corkscrew when at disney wherever wine is sold by the bottle. This wino has asked many times for one and they have always had them there. So at poly its Moana. However they probably have them down in CC's too.

scott_flute likes this.
  18. BabyFu18

BabyFu18 DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info, we are looking for a regular room not a dvc studio so that does cut down on some of the availabity I'm sure, but everything I can find only shows a very small number of regular rooms at the Polynesian that have roll in shower so I'm sure they are just really hard to secure!

19. Disney & ME

We used the numbers from the Touring Plans site and the fax number from there. Not sure North or South but closer to the lagoon. You can't see when sitting due to the high railings, but you can when standing and leaning a bit.

20. trishadono

trishadono DIS Veteran

It must be frustrating . Sorry

Hopefully someone with experience will pop on with assistance.

GADisneyDad14 and BabyFu18 like this.
  21. Surgie2

Surgie2 DIS Veteran

Thanks for asking! I always love to see the food and drinks at the Poly CL which @GADisneyDad14 does a great job of updating. So in particular, a pic of the current wine offerings as well as the "kid" food selections would be great. We won't be there until May so I know a lot could change. And if you happen to do laundry...do the machines use HE or regular detergent? Thanks!