Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any pic request ?

Thanks for asking! I always love to see the food and drinks at the Poly CL which @GADisneyDad14 does a great job of updating. So in particular, a pic of the current wine offerings as well as the "kid" food selections would be great. We won't be there until May so I know a lot could change. And if you happen to do laundry...do the machines use HE or regular detergent? Thanks!

Thanks for asking! I always love to see the food and drinks at the Poly CL which @GADisneyDad14 does a great job of updating. So in particular, a pic of the current wine offerings as well as the "kid" food selections would be great. We won't be there until May so I know a lot could change. And if you happen to do laundry...do the machines use HE or regular detergent? Thanks!
This one I'm non cl. However I will try to get food and pix from room service or other we try :) .

I'm booked for 5 nights August 29-September 3 2018! I'm super excited! We've only stayed at Poly for 2 nights before back early last year and we've been wanting to give it another try. We don't want to give up BC for our longer June trip though so I'm glad we got this opportunity! DD8 is excited to try the pool slide, it's the only slide of all the resorts we've stayed she hasn't tried. We have standard view - I requested Aotearoa, 1st floor facing away from the monorail. We had that location last time and could see the castle if we peeked around the tree in front of our patio :rotfl:. Fingers crossed!

Questions:

I know at (some?) other deluxe resorts you can call and request turn down service, is it the same at Poly?
What time does coffee start being served and is there anywhere to fill our mugs (coffee and/or soda) other than Capt. Cook's?

I'm booked for 5 nights August 29-September 3 2018! I'm super excited! We've only stayed at Poly for 2 nights before back early last year and we've been wanting to give it another try. We don't want to give up BC for our longer June trip though so I'm glad we got this opportunity! DD8 is excited to try the pool slide, it's the only slide of all the resorts we've stayed she hasn't tried. We have standard view - I requested Aotearoa, 1st floor facing away from the monorail. We had that location last time and could see the castle if we peeked around the tree in front of our patio :rotfl:. Fingers crossed!

We are tentatively thinking of the Poly August 25-Sept 1 too, but also looking into YC options. Waiting to hear back from our TA on pricing/Labor Day deals. :cool1:

Questions:

I know at (some?) other deluxe resorts you can call and request turn down service, is it the same at Poly?
What time does coffee start being served and is there anywhere to fill our mugs (coffee and/or soda) other than Capt. Cook's?

I plan to request turn down service when we are scheduled to arrive in 12 days - my plan was to just pop by the front desk upon arrival to put in request. :) I will update!

I plan to request turn down service when we are scheduled to arrive in 12 days - my plan was to just pop by the front desk upon arrival to put in request. :) I will update!

Thanks!

At YC we just called housekeeping from the in room phone.

Wow, only 12 days away! I’ve seen a lot of your planning posts along the way over the last few months. Hope you have a GREAT time! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Here now, got our room request (3rd floor Fiji), with a beautiful view of the marina, CR, and the side of Space Mountain if I lean way over the edge of the balcony! LOL! Sad to think this is the last time we'll have this view at a "standard view" rate though.
IMG_7834.JPG

Hope you have a great return trip to the Poly next year! :wizard:

We are tentatively thinking of the Poly August 25-Sept 1 too, but also looking into YC options. Waiting to hear back from our TA on pricing/Labor Day deals. :cool1:

Good luck, hope your TA gets you a great deal :).

Here now, got our room request (3rd floor Fiji), with a beautiful view of the marina, CR, and the side of Space Mountain if I lean way over the edge of the balcony! LOL! Sad to think this is the last time we'll have this view at a "standard view" rate though.
View attachment 276739

Beautiful view! Hope you're having a great time :goodvibes.

View attachment 276739

Hey! I requested that room - you can't leave until 10/25 and then just transfer it to me, thanks. ;)

I'm headed to Disney in 15 days we are staying at POFQ super excited! BUT we booked our honeymoon for the POLY from 9/2-9/8/2018 hoping for a discount of some sort. keeping my fingersX. I stayed at the poly in 2014 but haven't been back since they made so many changes. It will be exciting!

Here is the nachos at the Tambu lounge!

IMG_2524.JPG

Here is room service breakfast .

Continental came with pot of coffee and juice .

Then Tonga toast and macadamia pancakes.

Great fun way to start a day . Delivered promptly at 7am too!
IMG_2538.JPG IMG_2539.JPG IMG_2540.JPG

Its today! After waiting for what seems like forever, I finally get to check in at the Poly for the first time. I'm so excited...way more excited than my husband and daughter haha. Thank you all for being excited with me! I hope we have decent weather and I don't even care where the room is because I'm just happy to be at the Poly and the happiest place on earth!!!!

I'm headed to Disney in 15 days we are staying at POFQ super excited! BUT we booked our honeymoon for the POLY from 9/2-9/8/2018 hoping for a discount of some sort. keeping my fingersX. I stayed at the poly in 2014 but haven't been back since they made so many changes. It will be exciting!

Hope you have a great time at POR. Have fun planning your Poly honeymoon for next year :wizard:.

Its today! After waiting for what seems like forever, I finally get to check in at the Poly for the first time. I'm so excited...way more excited than my husband and daughter haha. Thank you all for being excited with me! I hope we have decent weather and I don't even care where the room is because I'm just happy to be at the Poly and the happiest place on earth!!!!

Have a great time! :yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!