Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t believe after two years of planning and three years since our last trip, we leave for Disney tomorrow afternoon!!! We are driving so plan to stop at the Florida border tomorrow night. By noon on Saturday I plan to be drinking a lapu lapu in our oasis patio while watching my kids play in the pool:yay:! I couldn’t be more excited for our first Poly stay!

The Poly is amazing, you will love it! Have a great time :jumping1:

Aloha everyone! After months of going back and forth, and finally lucking out on a unique offer code that my mom got - we are coming back home. I originally had our family booked at the Contemporary, but I couldn't hold out lol. I knew I needed to switch resorts and come back to my peace and serenity - especially for Princess Half weekend! princess: Plus it'll be my mom's and my grandmom's first time staying there, as well as my newest little Disney addict! I'm so excited and so happy to be staying at my favorite resort once again! Now my question - As far as "requesting rooms" go, and the whole faxing the request in.. is that for like, specific room numbers? Or is it mostly just for buildings? I have the room number I'd like to stay in, and I know there is no guarantee on any requests, but I figured I'd try, if I can. :-) TIA!

Aloha everyone! After months of going back and forth, and finally lucking out on a unique offer code that my mom got - we are coming back home. I originally had our family booked at the Contemporary, but I couldn't hold out lol. I knew I needed to switch resorts and come back to my peace and serenity - especially for Princess Half weekend! princess: Plus it'll be my mom's and my grandmom's first time staying there, as well as my newest little Disney addict! I'm so excited and so happy to be staying at my favorite resort once again! Now my question - As far as "requesting rooms" go, and the whole faxing the request in.. is that for like, specific room numbers? Or is it mostly just for buildings? I have the room number I'd like to stay in, and I know there is no guarantee on any requests, but I figured I'd try, if I can. :-) TIA!

Sounds like you're going to have a great return trip to the Poly! :wizard:

As far as requests, it's better (IMO) to request a building, area, etc rather than a specific room number. You can give the room number along with other requests, but if you give just a room number and that one room isn't available, the room assigner will not know why you wanted that particular room. Giving a certain location, building, etc (along with the room number) will give the room assigner some insight as to why you are requesting that particular room. I always give my requests when I book so I can't comment on faxing them in, but hopefully others will be able to give some input :flower3:.

So I sure hope Club Level is worth it .... just noticed a club level opening for our 2 night stay 11/30 - 12/2 ... had a few drinks tonight so I said okay to the wife when she asked to spend a few hundred to upgrayyyed. Well be spending a lot of time at the resort that weekend, and I have faith that my boys can eat their weight in appetizers and deserts.

Hope I"m not wasting money, but this might be our only opportunity to splurge on it. Ive been waiting 34 years to stay at the Poly since my firat trip to WDW - better go large !

So I sure hope Club Level is worth it .... just noticed a club level opening for our 2 night stay 11/30 - 12/2 ... had a few drinks tonight so I said okay to the wife when she asked to spend a few hundred to upgrayyyed. Well be spending a lot of time at the resort that weekend, and I have faith that my boys can eat their weight in appetizers and deserts.

Hope I"m not wasting money, but this might be our only opportunity to splurge on it. Ive been waiting 34 years to stay at the Poly since my firat trip to WDW - better go large !

We worried about the cost difference too, but we thought it was totally worth it. There are 5 of us and CL was our breakfast almost every day. Plus after eating lunch out in the parks, we often didn’t want a big dinner and the evenings apps were just what we needed. We also liked having access for drinks during the day and saved the expense of the refillable mug.

I’m sure we didn’t save any money but it was very convenient and worked well for our family.

Congrats on upgrading to CL! We haven't stayed CL at the Poly, but have stayed CL at other resorts and like the pp, we find it worth it. We do enjoy the food offerings, but for us, having the lounge for another place to sit and relax is the main reason we stay CL. I'm sure you'll have a great time and I agree, it's a great opportunity to splurge and try it for a couple nights. Have a great time! :wizard:

Just booked a trip for August with a magical deal - standard room. It will be our 2nd time staying at the Poly. The first time we stayed in Fiji, facing the beach and Grand Floridian. We loved it. We had requested Fiji and were happy to get it (it was when they were doing construction on the quiet pool and we wanted to avoid that area). I know the amount of standard rooms has now shrunk - so our pool of rooms has also shrunk. My biggest request is that we have a 3rd floor room. I’d be 100% happy again with Fiji, but I also don’t know if we should see what else is out there. I also don’t know how likely we are to get Fiji just because we request it! What’s the opinion on other standard rooms on the 3rd floor? I’d prefer not to look at a parking lot or the monorail. Also, what’s the likelihood we actually get what we request?

Thanks in advance!!!

We worried about the cost difference too, but we thought it was totally worth it. There are 5 of us and CL was our breakfast almost every day. Plus after eating lunch out in the parks, we often didn’t want a big dinner and the evenings apps were just what we needed. We also liked having access for drinks during the day and saved the expense of the refillable mug.

I’m sure we didn’t save any money but it was very convenient and worked well for our family.

Yeah - it's hard to rationalize the upgrade economically ... the way our trip is set up, we're definitely doing dinner both nights we are at the Poly (at Ohana on arrival day and California Grill on our last night). My kid will almost certainly force us to do Kona for breakfast one day too. I figure it's more for the splurge and just to see what it's like. We'll already have a few refillable mugs from the first part of our stay (at BWV), so we won't even be saving on that. I just figure since most of this trip was paid off months ago, this is just the one chance to splurge and live it up.

The only concession I made is cancelling a 50's Prime Time on our "transfer day". I figure we should at least get to the resort as early as possible, to enjoy some lounge and pool time before our 8pm Ohana ADR.

Just booked a trip for August with a magical deal - standard room.

Us too!! We're there 8/17-8/21 before switching over to the WL for the remainder of our stay. I have the same question as you though - the only other times we've stayed at the Poly, we've been club level, so I don't know what the best standard location would be. We also prefer 3rd floor. Happy planning!

It took 48 minutes on hold today, but I booked an Oasis Patio for the second afternoon of our trip! I can’t wait!

Can anyone verify what buildings are considered “standard view”? Just curious if Fiji facing the beach still is grouped in that category.

Just back - we had a standard view of the monorail in Aoteara and we loved it. The location was actually perfect for my family and we did not have any problems with noise from the monorail or the luau. We had the Twilight Feast for room service: one adult portion was more than enough for 2 adults and an 11 year old girl. Drinks at Tambu Lounge and the Oasis pool bar were amazing. For everybody who has an upcoming trip: enjoy!!! I miss it already.

Anyone here know the answer to this - if you call and make a room request over the phone (which I did today), will doing online checkin a month ahead of arrival affect your phoned in request in any way ?

Anyone here know the answer to this - if you call and make a room request over the phone (which I did today), will doing online checkin a month ahead of arrival affect your phoned in request in any way ?

No, it won’t impact your requests. Although if you do choose to make room requests during online check-in, you don’t want to pick something that conflicts with whatever you phoned in as you can leave the room assignor not knowing exactly how to best meet your requests.

Personally, I call in my requests and do online check-in, but I leave the room request options blank on online check-in.

Input please!
We check in this coming Friday, 10/27. We booked a DVC Studio with lake view.
Should we request a high floor for a better view? Building preferences and why?
It's just us, no kids. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter