Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi - I'm arriving at the Poly on Friday and can't wait! My question is related to transportation to get to MK for a PPO reservation at Be Our Guest. I'd like to arrive between 7:30 and 7:45am. I see in the times guide the monorail is running starting at 7am. How accurate is that? So if I'm waiting at the platform at 7:30am I should be at the park by 7:45am - correct? If anyone has had recent experience with travel times I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
I would be on the first monorail so you can give yourself time to go through the gates and walk to BOG. It’s not at the front of the park.

On check out day we were hoping to spend it at the pool. Are there showers you can use after check out?

On check out day we were hoping to spend it at the pool. Are there showers you can use after check out?

There are showers in the bathrooms under the Lava Pool slide. Disclaimer - I have a high tolerance for bathroom cleanliness, but I find these very damp and somewhat gross. It’s fine for a quick shower, but it’s not that pleasant an experience.

Hi - I'm arriving at the Poly on Friday and can't wait! My question is related to transportation to get to MK for a PPO reservation at Be Our Guest. I'd like to arrive between 7:30 and 7:45am. I see in the times guide the monorail is running starting at 7am. How accurate is that? So if I'm waiting at the platform at 7:30am I should be at the park by 7:45am - correct? If anyone has had recent experience with travel times I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
We have never been on the monorail so early, but will need to be at MK for a 7:45 reservation this summer. If the monorail starts T 7, does that mean one is at the Poly at 7 ready to load guests? Or does that mean it’s just getting out of the station at 7, and won’t arrive until sometime after? Also, do they run frequently that time of morning, or infrequently? We’ve never had such an early reservation and I just want to make sure we are able to get there a bit early so we’re not rushing. If there’s a better way to get there, pls let me know. Thanks and Aloha!

There are showers in the bathrooms under the Lava Pool slide. Disclaimer - I have a high tolerance for bathroom cleanliness, but I find these very damp and somewhat gross. It’s fine for a quick shower, but it’s not that pleasant an experience.

thanks!

I guess that would do just to remove the clorine

Hoping that someone wouldn't mind answering a question about the pools. Are there still cabanas available to rent by the lava pool, or is it just the oasis pool patios? Thanks!

We have never been on the monorail so early, but will need to be at MK for a 7:45 reservation this summer. If the monorail starts T 7, does that mean one is at the Poly at 7 ready to load guests? Or does that mean it’s just getting out of the station at 7, and won’t arrive until sometime after? Also, do they run frequently that time of morning, or infrequently? We’ve never had such an early reservation and I just want to make sure we are able to get there a bit early so we’re not rushing. If there’s a better way to get there, pls let me know. Thanks and Aloha!

We stayed at Poly last summer and had 7:45 EMM at MK. We rode the monorail with no problem at all. I don't remember what time we got on the monorail, but we didn't have to wait long for a train at Poly and I remember waiting at the gates to be let in at 7:30.

We stayed at Poly last summer and had 7:45 EMM at MK. We rode the monorail with no problem at all. I don't remember what time we got on the monorail, but we didn't have to wait long for a train at Poly and I remember waiting at the gates to be let in at 7:30.
That’s great to hear! —-don’t want to be running late!

Can someone describe the leis that you get at the Grand Ceremonial House upon check-in? Are they live flowers and greens or are they silk? Just wondering if I will be able to bring it home and hang it up somewhere or if it will be dead and brown by the end of vacation.

Last year we were given fresh leis. It was our 30th anniversary. They had us do a little ceremony and give one another the leis. The CM said they do this for milestone anniversaries. Very pretty, but by the end of the week the leis has to be tossed.

Oh my goodness! :jumping1: December will be 10 years since we went to the Poly in early December and I walked by Hawaii and saw the tree in the window and said to DH and DD that was a dream for us one day to spend Christmas at the Poly! Today I booked our Christmas stay LV CL :wizard: DD will be heading off to college next year and we lost family this year so it will be a different Christmas than our tradition so I cannt think of a better way to spend my Christmas! :santa:

We are going to 8 days in August so the pressure to ride and see everything is lessened. There is nothing better than planning a Disney vacay with the EXCEPTION of getting to plan TWO :cheer2::banana::dance3::Pinkbounc

Heading down September 2-10 with a Magical labor day deal!! So excited!! Haven't been since 2015!! Miss it soooo much! It was under rehab last time we were there! Anything new/fun I should know about?

For starters the Oasis pool is finished! When we stayed in 2015 we had a lovely view of the hole in the ground. :rotfl:Glad you get to go back! Congrats!!

Last year we were given fresh leis. It was our 30th anniversary. They had us do a little ceremony and give one another the leis. The CM said they do this for milestone anniversaries. Very pretty, but by the end of the week the leis has to be tossed.
Oh my God. That would be so special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter