Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t believe these July crowds I’m seeing, wait times are looking much lower than our February trip. We plan to spend as much time at the resort as the parks so it’s good to know we can maximize our time at the parks with the lower crowds.

48 hours and we will be there, yay!
I know! This is putting me in such a quandary. We want to go in March, but I know crowds and prices are not on our side. But I have a feeling the Star Wars effect is going to make next July even less crowded than this July. To add to that, it really seems we’d have better options for renting DVC studio (and making a way to pay for it) if I got my ducks in a row at 11 months out instead of inside 8 mos. Having to pay it in big chunks is why we haven’t already booked.

Anyone have thoughts or advice? Mar vs July 2019?

I know! This is putting me in such a quandary. We want to go in March, but I know crowds and prices are not on our side. But I have a feeling the Star Wars effect is going to make next July even less crowded than this July. To add to that, it really seems we’d have better options for renting DVC studio (and making a way to pay for it) if I got my ducks in a row at 11 months out instead of inside 8 mos. Having to pay it in big chunks is why we haven’t already booked.

Anyone have thoughts or advice? Mar vs July 2019?
Both will be busy so pick which one you prefer,

I was so surprised with crowds last week. Rope drop is only good for 1 ride now more or less.

Im changing my fp booking from evening to am. That way I don't have to worry about getting there at opening but still have 3 rides. Gonna try 9-10, 10-11, 11-12 for my sept trip.

Then Epcot f n w one night and mnsshp the other. I think that will be better,

I Miss the days when RD lines were small at least an hour sometimes 2 , not the 10 mins it has been this year.

Last edited:

I was so surprised with crowds last week. Rope drop is only good for 1 ride now more or less.

Im changing my fp booking from evening to am. That way I don't have to worry about getting there at opening but still have 3 rides. Gonna try 9-10, 10-11, 11-12 for my sept trip.

Then Epcot f n g one night and mnsshp the other. I think that will be better,

I Miss the days when RD lines were small at least an hour sometimes 2 , not the 10 mins it has been this year.

I think a lot of people trying to get a few rides in before it gets crazy hot and get back to a pool.

Then Epcot f n g one night and mnsshp the other. I think that will be better,

You might end up liking it doing your FP's this way. I know it will be different for you though! We always get morning FPs and arrive right at the tail end of the first FP time frame, that way we can zip right on our 2nd ride directly after, and then try to move up the time for our 3rd FP. It still leaves lots of time to get back to the resort for afternoon rest/snacks ;). I know not as early as you like, though! Is your trip still on for September then? Mine is getting more final as I booked airfare. Still end of August. I just need to buy MNSSHP tix.

You might end up liking it doing your FP's this way. I know it will be different for you though! We always get morning FPs and arrive right at the tail end of the first FP time frame, that way we can zip right on our 2nd ride directly after, and then try to move up the time for our 3rd FP. It still leaves lots of time to get back to the resort for afternoon rest/snacks ;). I know not as early as you like, though! Is your trip still on for September then? Mine is getting more final as I booked airfare. Still end of August. I just need to buy MNSSHP tix.
Yep mnsshp 9/18!

I got the AP Email and randomly picked 9/18 for the Toy Story thing.

Dd was able to get off those days and she is thrilled only RPC deluxe king was available our dates. She so jealous I took her brother in may lol.

Yep mnsshp 9/18!

I got the AP Email and randomly picked 9/18 for the Toy Story thing.

Dd was able to get off those days and she is thrilled only RPC deluxe king was available our dates. She so jealous I took her brother in may lol.

Sounds awesome! Someday our dates will overlap and we will cross paths! Maybe next July 4 as I'm pretty sure we'll be back at Poly! I did book another cruise for next summer but for August this time. :thumbsup2

I'm finally catching up reading about everyone's July 4 trips/pictures of your stays at Poly! Thank you all for the updates! I'm sad that I didn't get to be a part of it this year, but I'm thinking we'll be back next year!

So while you guys were enjoying the festivities at Poly, we were looking at this:

view.png

Disney Cruise to Alaska! It was fabulous for those of you on the fence!
Sorry to temporarily get :offtopic:!!

I'm finally catching up reading about everyone's July 4 trips/pictures of your stays at Poly! Thank you all for the updates! I'm sad that I didn't get to be a part of it this year, but I'm thinking we'll be back next year!

So while you guys were enjoying the festivities at Poly, we were looking at this:

View attachment 337420

That looks amazing!

Yep some day! Thanksgiving may be an option too. Dd job can change and then our availability too.

View attachment 337420

Oh wow! Gorgeous! This is on my bucket list for sure!! Just waiting for my littles to get a bit older!

I read in another thread that using the TP fax to make room requests wasn’t very helpful if you’re staying in the studio villas. I’m wondering if they meant it’s not helpful if you rented through DVC points system. I booked my Poly studio through the Disney site...should I rely on the TP fax or should I also call and have them add the request to my reservation? Thanks.
We booked a villa through disney last november and did a TP fax, our requests were Tokelau, higher floor, oasis pool side. We got Tokelau, 2nd floor and oasis pool side. I think that qualifies as a success!

While I'm looking at pics, not sure if I have seen this reported. Maybe this has been here for awhile now (?), but this was a new to me beer stand set up in the Poly lobby (just off the monorail exit) a few weeks ago. At first I thought it was just for 7/4, but it was there other days too. The CM there said it was in prep for Tambu closing (take that with a grain of salt, don't know if that's true or not).

IMG_2513.jpg

IMG_2510.jpg

While I'm looking at pics, not sure if I have seen this reported. Maybe this has been here for awhile now (?), but this was a new to me beer stand set up in the Poly lobby (just off the monorail exit) a few weeks ago. At first I thought it was just for 7/4, but it was there other days too. The CM there said it was in prep for Tambu closing (take that with a grain of salt, don't know if that's true or not).

That’s interesting.. so I wonder where they will put the highway in the sky people? Or do you think they will just close this during the event?

View attachment 337535

View attachment 337536
Oh dd and I saw that Sat 7/7. It looked interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter