Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Instacart deliver to the resorts? We’re mulling over the various grocery options and was curious how it compares to something like Prime Now. Do they drop the items off at Bell Services?

Yes I used instacart this week. I did not have them drop off with bell services but I believe they will. I ordered alcohol so instacart sent a message that I would need to show ID and the driver did ask to view it and have me sign. The driver already had my groceries loaded on a luggage cart and it was super simple. I was planning to use amazon prime now and I think it would’ve been cheaper but they didn’t have some of the items we wanted.

Does Instacart deliver to the resorts? We’re mulling over the various grocery options and was curious how it compares to something like Prime Now. Do they drop the items off at Bell Services?
They do! That’s our go to delivery service and we’ve used them about 5 times in the last year. I like them because they can shop at Whole Foods. They also now can deliver alcohol from ABC Liquors.
Here’s a coupon for $10 off and free delivery off your first order. Anyone can use this BTW.
https://inst.cr/t/ub75yB2jC

Aloha everyone!! :wave2:

I've seen online that the Polynesian has some new resort logo merchandise. Have any of you seen this ceramic coffee mug at the resort lately? Have any of you purchased one of these? Do you still have the sticker on the bottom with the SKU #? Mahalo, in advance! :sunny:

View attachment 350356
I did not see any mugs in Boutiki this week and I even asked the CM who said they usually do have a resort mug but do not currently. Sorry

Can I get some room request help?

We have 3 rooms booked: two standard and one theme park view. Two rooms are families of 4 (mom/dad/two kids under 10) and then grandma (in the theme park view.) Is there a particular building I should request? I'm not sure what to try for. TIA!

Yes I used instacart this week. I did not have them drop off with bell services but I believe they will. I ordered alcohol so instacart sent a message that I would need to show ID and the driver did ask to view it and have me sign. The driver already had my groceries loaded on a luggage cart and it was super simple. I was planning to use amazon prime now and I think it would’ve been cheaper but they didn’t have some of the items we wanted.

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience, this was really helpful. We are leaning towards Prime Now but use Instacart a lot more at home because the selection is usually way better. I will be keeping an eye on the pinned thread but it was nice to hear from a Poly guest that had a good experience.

We stayed in Rarotonga a couple of weeks ago with a standard view, monorail side with a lush garden/rain garden view, RM 1823. It honestly was perfect. No castle direct view, but you are just a few steps from the Great Ceremonial House and the pool, laundry is in the next building, right by the Oasis pool, bus stop is right out front, and on the closer side of the TTC. Our room was SUPER quiet with the patio door shut, and when open you can hear the tranquil music from the entrance. The kids liked the castle and fireworks from the beach/Lava pool anyway. ;)
Awesome! Thank you

I just booked a "1 bedroom suite - club level" at the Polynesian through the Disney website, which says the room has 2 queen beds and a daybed. I am trying to figure out what they mean by "daybed" in their description. On Tikiman's website, they show a regular couch and a chair that pulls out into a bed http://www.tikimanpages.com/poly/images/stories/tonga/P1__2Q_1Daybed.jpg, but every other media I have seen, it seems likes the "daybed" is just a pull-out couch and a normal chair. Does anyone have any experience in a 1 bedroom suite at the Poly? Thanks to all for any info, and sorry if this has been asked before!!

Hey there, sorry for the slow response. Since the 1BR suite is in a Club Level building, you may want to ask your question on the CL thread. Tonga is very small and doesn’t get a ton of discussion around here or the CL thread, but maybe someone who has stayed in that room will chime in.

FWIW (probably not much), I have stayed in 1BR suites in other resorts (CR and BC) and the extra beds there are pull out couches in the living room, not flip over day beds.

Hi, sorry if already discussed, but what is my best option for getting from poly to Epcot for an 8am ADR? Will the monorails be running from TTC at that time and if so how early do I have to get everyone out? Thanks so much in advance!

Hi, sorry if already discussed, but what is my best option for getting from poly to Epcot for an 8am ADR? Will the monorails be running from TTC at that time and if so how early do I have to get everyone out? Thanks so much in advance!

You’ll have to check the current times guide when you’re there, but I believe it starts running at 7:30 most of the time.

We’re going to be there on an early EMH day, and that’s cutting it too close for me. We haven’t decided yet whether to drive or to spring for a Minnie Van. We might do the Minnie Van just because it looks fun, and then we could take the monorail back.
Both would be fun rides for our almost 3 year old.

Here’s a link to the current week’s Times Guide (and a handy page to bookmark): http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

As you can see for this particular week, the Epcot line opens at 7:30am. For an Epcot PPO ADR, that generally means I’d want to be at the TTC/Epcot line platform ready for that first train of the day.

You’ll need to go through security both at the TTC and again at Epcot, so keep that in mind when mapping out timing. Although ‘usually’ both are very quick at that hour.

Personally, we have often opted for Uber/Lyft/Taxi/Minnie Van from Poly for an Epcot PPO ADR. It provides just a bit more control over timing and arguably one less thing to worry about.

Hope that helps!

Here’s a link to the current week’s Times Guide (and a handy page to bookmark): http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

As you can see for this particular week, the Epcot line opens at 7:30am. For an Epcot PPO ADR, that generally means I’d want to be at the TTC/Epcot line platform ready for that first train of the day.

You’ll need to go through security both at the TTC and again at Epcot, so keep that in mind when mapping out timing. Although ‘usually’ both are very quick at that hour.

Personally, we have often opted for Uber/Lyft/Taxi/Minnie Van from Poly for an Epcot PPO ADR. It provides just a bit more control over timing and arguably one less thing to worry about.

Hope that helps!
Thank you so much, very helpful!

Hope that helps!
It help very much, appreciate it greatly!

You’ll have to check the current times guide when you’re there, but I believe it starts running at 7:30 most of the time.

We’re going to be there on an early EMH day, and that’s cutting it too close for me. We haven’t decided yet whether to drive or to spring for a Minnie Van. We might do the Minnie Van just because it looks fun, and then we could take the monorail back.
Both would be fun rides for our almost 3 year old.
Thank you so much! I always get tripped up with the transportation timing!

We are checking in this Saturday!!! Sunday night we plan on visiting the MK all day and will return to the Polynesian for swimming, and room service, we have to try The Feast :) We also will be watching the Hollowishes fireworks from the beach. What time should we go out there to get a decent spot? Any particular area better than others to watch?

That's ok! Thanks for trying!!! :wave2:

Can I rub it in and say it’s a really fabulous mug and I didn’t realize that it was new. I know I just wanted a Poly mug, lol!

I will think of you tomorrow morning when I am sipping tea listening to the rain drops drop here in CT. I hope you can find the mug. But it also puzzles me that I don’t have the receipt. If there is a way to look up what I charged to my room, and if it itemized it would be better but that is doubtful.

We are checking in this Saturday!!! Sunday night we plan on visiting the MK all day and will return to the Polynesian for swimming, and room service, we have to try The Feast :) We also will be watching the Hollowishes fireworks from the beach.

Have a great time! :goodvibes

We'll be staying at the Poly for the first time in April! Standard view so hoping for something close to GCH and Lava pool----Either Samoa, Niue or Rarotonga are our hopes!

We are checking in this Saturday!!! Sunday night we plan on visiting the MK all day and will return to the Polynesian for swimming, and room service, we have to try The Feast :) We also will be watching the Hollowishes fireworks from the beach. What time should we go out there to get a decent spot? Any particular area better than others to watch?

Hi there. Hallowishes from Poly is awesome, in my opinion. The 180 degree ending from outside the park at the angle from Poly is really good.

In my opinion, the best fireworks viewing is from the main Poly beach area in front of the Lava Pool, see the yellow rectangle below, generally between the boat dock and far left Bungalow. Within that area, the better viewing is between that middle yellow line and the first Bungalow. When you get towards the boat dock there’s an island in the middle of the Seven Seas Lagoon that blocks the castle view. Fireworks are still shot well above the tree line, but it just looks better if you can see the castle.

I would recommend to not get too far out on the beach, stay closer to the path. Poly audio experiences can vary, but the speakers are on the ground closest to the Hawaii longhouse and walkway. Too far out on the beach and the volume can become less than ideal.

As far as timing, while a crowd usually gathers on any given night, it’s not often such a mega crowd that you have to be super worried about arriving early. I’m spit balling a bit, but I’d say 15ish minutes early... grab a Dole Whip or beverage... and a towel... and relax on the beach.

Poly Aerial - Labeled with Fireworks and Movie.png

Technically HEA, but an example of the view. I’m standing on the path just about as far right as you want to go, otherwise the bungalow comes into play.
IMG_1438.jpg

Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!