Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we’re talking about fun things such as Poly drinks by the pool...

Any word on the oh-so-wonderful Poly holiday resort background music? I assume it’s in full effect already?

I can think of 99 reasons to be excited about an upcoming Poly trip, but the reaort holiday soundtrack is NOT one of them. :scared:

The Pago Pago painkiller helps. :-)

Since we’re talking about fun things such as Poly drinks by the pool...

Any word on the oh-so-wonderful Poly holiday resort background music? I assume it’s in full effect already?

I can think of 99 reasons to be excited about an upcoming Poly trip, but the reaort holiday soundtrack is NOT one of them. :scared:

The Pago Pago painkiller helps. :-)

This is our first Christmas-time trip (but 6th stay at the Poly) and YES the music is in full effect. We have the songs memorized lol.

we’re just over 2 weeks away from our first poly stay. most evenings we’ll be enjoying balcony time while our infant sleeps away, so i’m loving the drink recommendations! can’t wait to have my own opinions of the best bar offerings :drinking1
If you are getting groceries delivered from Walmart or Instacart/Publix, they both carry Kona Brewing at reasonable prices. I would recommend adding a few 6-packs to your order, a 6-pack is cheaper than a single beer at Poly.

We were at AKL last week, and Christmas music is NOT what I want to hear when I'm trying to relax at the pool. Especially when they play the same 3 songs over and over!

HAHA!

We stayed at Poly around NYE last year and the Hawaiian holiday background music was still going strong. With all due respect to those than enjoy this genre of music, Mele Kalikimaka at 7am on 1/1 from the speaker in the ground outside my room is NOT enjoyable. Nor is the overall soundtrack which also repeats frequently!

Sorry for the rant. I'm usually pretty laid back with my Disney travel concerns/opinions, but this is one odd (and certainty inconsequential) thing that got under my skin! I do really love the regular background music, which I guess is partly why the holiday change is more noticeable to me.

All right, rant over. Moving on. :-)

My son is graduating next month in Florida so since we have to fly down there for graduation we are making a trip out of it. We are staying at the Poly for the first time! My ? Is can I hang a graduation sign on our room door using a command hook? You know the ones that are removable

I'm not sure about hanging the sign, but wanted to say congratulations to your son and I hope you have a great time at the Poly! :wizard:

We'll be checking in tomorrow! Our first Poly stay we are beyond excited!!!

Hope you're enjoying the Poly! :goodvibes

we’re just over 2 weeks away from our first poly stay. most evenings we’ll be enjoying balcony time while our infant sleeps away, so i’m loving the drink recommendations! can’t wait to have my own opinions of the best bar offerings :drinking1

Have a great trip :).

This is our first Christmas-time trip (but 6th stay at the Poly) and YES the music is in full effect. We have the songs memorized lol.

Christmas time at Disney is amazing! Hope you're having a great time :santa:.

Deleted because my question is now moot :)

Heading to Polynesian in June with our extended family and very excited for them to not only experience the Poly but WDW for the very first time! We love to stay at new resorts but with the group we have going I couldn’t imagine a better option. Multiple pools & activities for the kids, multiple transportation options and mutiple bars for the adults. Yay!

Last edited:
Hello Poly fans! We are headed for our first stay at the Poly in March. How does one go about making room requests, beyond the standard online check-in?

We are staying DVC Standard View Studio. Do all DVC long houses have an outdoor area (patio or balcony)? Which longhouse do you prefer/recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Poly fans! We are headed for our first stay at the Poly in March. How does one go about making room requests, beyond the standard online check-in?

We are staying DVC Standard View Studio. Do all DVC long houses have an outdoor area (patio or balcony)? Which longhouse do you prefer/recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Are you staying on points or a cash reservation through Disney?

Yes, all DVC longhouses have an outdoor area on all floors, either a balcony or patio. The DVC longhouses have balconies on the second floor, the resort side longhouses do not.

I vote Tokelau.

Hope that helps.

Yes, all DVC longhouses have an outdoor area on all floors, either a balcony or patio. The DVC longhouses have balconies on the second floor, the resort side longhouses do not.

I vote Tokelau.

Hope that helps.

I stayed in Tokelau before it was DVC. Loved it so much!

Is there any place to roast marshmallow and make s’mores at the Poly? We’re staying here next week for first time and can’t wait!

Is there any place to roast marshmallow and make s’mores at the Poly? We’re staying here next week for first time and can’t wait!

Absolutely. There’s a fire pit around the main beach area just outside the Lava Pool.

Marshmallows are free, they sell s’mores kits. We just stick to the marshmallows.

Make sure to pick up the December Poly recreation calendar... it’ll have the current time and schedule (it’s not every night).

Here’s a link to the now outdated Nov one: https://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/resorts/wdw/pdf/PolyCalendar.pdf

Have fun!

Heading to Polynesian in June with our extended family and very excited for them to not only experience the Poly but WDW for the very first time! We love to stay at new resorts but with the group we have going I couldn’t imagine a better option. Multiple pools & activities for the kids, multiple transportation options and mutiple bars for the adults. Yay!

Sounds like a great trip! Hope everyone has a magical time :wizard:.

Hello Poly fans! We are headed for our first stay at the Poly in March.

The Poly is amazing, you will love it! Enjoy the rest of your planning. Hope you have a great time :goodvibes.

We’re staying here next week for first time and can’t wait!

Have a great trip! :yay:

I vote Tokelau.

Hope that helps.
curious as to why you voted Tokelau? I'm booking a DVC soon and trying to get ideas as to which longhouse to request. I'd like to be closest to a drink station/coffee area.

Can anyone tell me a bit more about 'holiday aloha after dark'? on the recreation calendar? From your experience is this something worth making time for?

curious as to why you voted Tokelau? I'm booking a DVC soon and trying to get ideas as to which longhouse to request. I'd like to be closest to a drink station/coffee area.

Tokelau is near the Oasis pool, which has a drink station. I stayed there before DVC and it was an ideal location IMO. Quiet but not isolated, close to all but not busy!

What @Childs1stTime2Disney said. :-)

My preference is a more ‘central’ longhouse as we like to be close to the Lava Pool, Grand Ceremonial House, etc, and Tokelau is sort of right there in a good spot. Plus views on either side are lovely.

Don’t get me wrong, there really isn’t a bad longhouse in my opinion, just slight nuanced differences.

What @Childs1stTime2Disney said. :-)

My preference is a more ‘central’ longhouse as we like to be close to the Lava Pool, Grand Ceremonial House, etc, and Tokelau is sort of right there in a good spot. Plus views on either side are lovely.

Don’t get me wrong, there really isn’t a bad longhouse in my opinion, just slight nuanced differences.

Jumping in--I'm excited to read all these details too! I just put in a request for Tokelau for our trip in a couple of weeks. I'm hoping for a room on the north end of the building, but I'm sure anywhere will be a wonderful place to spend some time celebrating the holidays!

Just to confirm--there's an elevator in Tokelau, right?

Jumping in--I'm excited to read all these details too! I just put in a request for Tokelau for our trip in a couple of weeks. I'm hoping for a room on the north end of the building, but I'm sure anywhere will be a wonderful place to spend some time celebrating the holidays!

Just to confirm--there's an elevator in Tokelau, right?

Yes, there is an elevator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter