Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parking question-- Can we park at the resort in the morning, go to Epcot, and then check-in at the front desk that afternoon? Not sure if we need to go to the desk to get a parking pass (do they even use those at the resorts anymore?) What about if we do online check-in?

@ninafeliz - are you sure the Poly Oasis Patios are included in ones you can book as a non Poly guest? I know the real cabanas at GF and CR can be booked by non-resort guests, but I didn’t think that applied to the Oasis Patios? :confused3

If they are, good luck to the poor non Poly guests that do book it. Since you need a MagicBand or card to enter the pool, that just seems ripe for something for Disney to muck up, however they give access to such folks! Ha!

Does anyone know if the Twilight Feast can be delivered to the pools? We asked the last time we were at the Poly but never received a definitive answer.

I asked before our October visit and it seems the issue is some of the items are delivered in glass, like the carafe of pog juice. Glass is not permitted by the pool for safety reasons. We decided not to chance it and ended up just having it brought to the room.

Another Twilight Feast question....I thought gratuities were added to cost of meal but are you still expected to tip when food is delivered? When we ordered the feast last summer the CM who delivered the meal definitely expected a tip.

We tipped above what was included, but I used to work in service so I see mandatory gratuity as the bare minimum and I always give more unless service was just really heinous. The guy who brought our food also went all the way back to get me some regular butter because I forgot to tell Private Dining about my tree nut allergy, so I felt bad.

We had a fairly long discussion about this a week or two ago over on the GF thread (I think it was that one, might have been BC/YC or the CL one). According to more than one CM and the wording on the Disney website cabanas can be rented to anyone staying at any WDW resort. The new YC/BC ones, however, do not allow that and you have to be staying at the YC/BC to rent one of those. So apparently this is the only official way to be allowed to pool hop to the Poly, CR, and GF. I called the DSS myself and asked about it, and that’s what they read from their info and other people got the same info when they called. I don’t think it’s done often, but I guess since I didn’t know you could even do it until I called I could be wrong and it could be very popular:confused3
I just learned about this option on this thread but haven't tried to book. I am going to check into it further. From the WDW website, @GADisneyDad14 is correct that Poly is not included and @ninafelz is right that Yacht and Beach are only for their guests.
www.disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/cabanas

@ninafeliz - are you sure the Poly Oasis Patios are included in ones you can book as a non Poly guest? I know the real cabanas at GF and CR can be booked by non-resort guests, but I didn’t think that applied to the Oasis Patios? :confused3

If they are, good luck to the poor non Poly guests that do book it. Since you need a MagicBand or card to enter the pool, that just seems ripe for something for Disney to muck up, however they give access to such folks! Ha!

No, I’m not sure. I didn’t book any at a resort I’m not staying at, and the wording is for cabanas. When I asked the CM on the phone I don’t think she specified, but we were mostly discussing cabanas at that time I believe. The website barely mentions the Patios, and it’s in a completely different place. I thought someone else on one of these threads (probably the Poly or CL, but it all runs together) said they were told that info for the Poly Patios, but I could be wrong.

From what I have been told, only at GF and CR are non resort guests able to rent cabanas.

We are going to be staying at a DVC studio and ordering groceries. Does the fridge have enough room for a full size gallon of milk, or should I go with the half gallon? We will have other stuff like yogurt in the fridge. TIA!

We are going to be staying at a DVC studio and ordering groceries. Does the fridge have enough room for a full size gallon of milk, or should I go with the half gallon? We will have other stuff like yogurt in the fridge. TIA!
The fridge in the studios are the small beverage coolers, kinda like a dorm fridge. You might be able to get a half gallon in there.

The fridge in the studios are the small beverage coolers, kinda like a dorm fridge. You might be able to get a half gallon in there.

We have a gallon of milk, a half gallon of almond milk, a 64 ounce bottle of Snapple and assorted cheeses, margarine and other groceries and there's still plenty of room.

We have a gallon of milk, a half gallon of almond milk, a 64 ounce bottle of Snapple and assorted cheeses, margarine and other groceries and there's still plenty of room.

Oh, awesome! Thanks for this. I really does help me plan out my grocery order (plus I need to save room for leftovers from the Twilight Feast!) I hope you are having a wonderful trip!

3908 and 3909 in Tokelau. It was a standard view, but the castle was clearly visible though off to the side. That’s a DVC building though, not sure if that’s what you’re doing or not. If so, the building is pretty centraly located, we loved it.

Thanks! We are staying on points and that’s the building I requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter