Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea when room renovations will begin?
It looks like the test rooms are already under construction based on the comments. No info from Tikiman (at least yet) on when the full refurb will start or which order the buildings will go.

We have a standard room view. If full balcony is all I request, do you think they will honor?
I think Disney will try its best! Just confirming, you are staying cash on the regular resort side, not DVC (standard studio)? If so, that means you can only have a 3rd floor room. I feel like this is probably one of the most common requests. It would also completely rule out Niue since its only 2 floors. Someone has to stay in them so if its what you want you have nothing to lose requesting it! If you just want outdoor seating space you could also request a patio. That would be 1st or 3rd floor and increase your chances.

Okay thanks. Yes - regular cash room. I guess we will request third or first floor. I'm worried about this room renovation thing. This is supposed to be a more relaxed anniversary trip, spending a lot of time at the resort. We really don't want to hear or see construction.

Oh, awesome! Thanks for this. I really does help me plan out my grocery order (plus I need to save room for leftovers from the Twilight Feast!) I hope you are having a wonderful trip!

Thanks. We are. The weather is perfect. It is more crowded than we are used to due to spring break. But we take it in stride, because we come so often. And fastpasses do help. Today is Keys to the Kingdom tour. So excited.

Only negative so far was our meal last night in Kona Cafe. First underwhelming dinner we've ever had in six meals there. Not crazy about the changed menu and our server was not very engaging. We waited from the time we sat down for an hour until we got our food. Not once did our server check in on us to see how we were doing. So unlike our experiences in the past.

Thanks. We are. The weather is perfect. It is more crowded than we are used to due to spring break. But we take it in stride, because we come so often. And fastpasses do help. Today is Keys to the Kingdom tour. So excited.

Only negative so far was our meal last night in Kona Cafe. First underwhelming dinner we've ever had in six meals there. Not crazy about the changed menu and our server was not very engaging. We waited from the time we sat down for an hour until we got our food. Not once did our server check in on us to see how we were doing. So unlike our experiences in the past.

The Kona review worries me since we are eating most of our meals there next week. I see they still have the sashimi plates which is my pre race go to meal so maybe I’ll be ok. Did you have breakfast there by chance?

In the single digit countdown! :hourglass

Checking in during small kid rest time!
Called and requested Rarotonga above all else - FYI Rarotonga 3801 appears to be an awesome standard room. Great location, balcony, and DH swears he could see the fireworks from the balcony (kids and I were passed out lol). Have the elevator on one side which is not a big deal at all since it’s only three stories.
We haven’t eaten at Kona yet.
And the weather is freakin’ awesome. We are having an awesome time.

Sorry about your Kona experience, but sounds like you're having a great time overall :).

Checking in during small kid rest time!
Called and requested Rarotonga above all else - FYI Rarotonga 3801 appears to be an awesome standard room. Great location, balcony, and DH swears he could see the fireworks from the balcony (kids and I were passed out lol). Have the elevator on one side which is not a big deal at all since it’s only three stories.
We haven’t eaten at Kona yet.
And the weather is freakin’ awesome. We are having an awesome time.

Glad you're having a great time :goodvibes.

The Kona review worries me since we are eating most of our meals there next week. I see they still have the sashimi plates which is my pre race go to meal so maybe I’ll be ok. Did you have breakfast there by chance?

No, only dinner.

I know you weren’t asking me particularly, but we had breakfast there a few weeks ago when we stayed at the Poly. That menu remains mostly unchanged for breakfast and was very tasty as always. We had an amazing fruit plate!

Attachments

• E5B17A19-F866-432C-A290-5485B39C22DE.jpeg
    E5B17A19-F866-432C-A290-5485B39C22DE.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 57
I know you weren’t asking me particularly, but we had breakfast there a few weeks ago when we stayed at the Poly. That menu remains mostly unchanged for breakfast and was very tasty as always. We had an amazing fruit plate!

That fruit plate is perfect! Thank you so much for the picture. I don’t like venturing too far out of my comfort zone until after the races.

How thick are the walls/doors/floors in the rooms? Outside noise at the odd hours that people come and go in hotels make for sleeping issues.

Do the rooms have good A/C, can you hear the fan?

I travel a lot for work, I always ask for a room at the end of a Hall, away from elevators, and top floor.

How thick are the walls/doors/floors in the rooms? Outside noise at the odd hours that people come and go in hotels make for sleeping issues.

Do the rooms have good A/C, can you hear the fan?

I travel a lot for work, I always ask for a room at the end of a Hall, away from elevators, and top floor.
We had part of our group in a connecting room and we could hear them a lot. Didn’t much bother us because they were our family but I can imagine if we didn’t know them it would be annoying. Also heard hallway noises, people talking, doors closing, etc. We were on the top floor so we didn’t have anyone above us but I overheard people on the elevator talking about how they could hear the people above them every time they moved.

It's been 43 days since we returned from our first stay at the Poly and oh how we miss it. I love coming on here and just reminiscing.

I know how you feel! I was at the Poly in Oct and I still miss it. Wish I was there now :(.

52 days until our first ever Poly stay! Can't wait. We will be celebrating my oldest daughter's graduation.

The Poly is amazing, you will love it! Have a great trip :wizard:.

Leave in 12 days for home!

Have a great trip! :cool1::cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter