Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't speak for the yet-to-be-renovated rooms, but the newly renovated rooms do have TVs with sleep settings. I don't think the brightness on those can be adjusted, but perhaps I'm thinking of another setting.
Good to know. I fall asleep with tv on too. Some hotels have the sleep button but they don't always work.

Thinking about a quick trip next Labor Day
Will all the rooms be refurbed by then

The refurbishments are supposed to be completed by late spring. At the current pace I don't believe they will make that target but am hoping everything will be completed by the end of next summer.

So far it has taken 6 months to complete 3 out of 10 buildings with 1 (or 2?) currently closed for refurbishment.

Officially booked for next year! Staying 9/1-9/9. Got the free dining bounceback (upgraded to regular dining) and a preferred room at Pop :yay: Only 351 days left lol.
I wanted to do a bounce back too, but I'm already going in April, and decided to join DVC while I was there. I got enough points to go back every other year. I've been wanting to try other hotels, now I'll have that chance.

Question: I have noticed a bunch of people are taking the gift cards over mousekeeping. Is it worth it? I know I am being a bit spoiled because honestly, I am so use to mousekeeping being there all the time. It could be because I hate a mess. I pretty much enjoy having our room cleaned up. We never leave our room in that much of a mess (bed needing to be made, towels on the floor because we need new ones). What does everyone think?
We declined mousekeeping, but we also were there during the hurricane so four or five days would have been limited or no mousekeeping. Depending on how long your stay is you will either get new towles and toiletries, or if you are staying longer then a week you do get mouskeeping on day five. I was sleeping when she came, and she never came back, but every day I spent a few minutes cleaning up after the guys I was rooming with. We never made up the beds, but for us that I was fine, It took three days for me just to get the blanket to where I could get it all the way up, man they know how to make a bed. LOL

Question: I have noticed a bunch of people are taking the gift cards over mousekeeping. Is it worth it? I know I am being a bit spoiled because honestly, I am so use to mousekeeping being there all the time. It could be because I hate a mess. I pretty much enjoy having our room cleaned up. We never leave our room in that much of a mess (bed needing to be made, towels on the floor because we need new ones). What does everyone think?

I have a habit of declining housekeeping everywhere, expecially if I'm there less than a week. I've never noticed any problems with the floors becoming unbearably dirty or getting coffee/towels every other day just as a pass by without them entereing. So I think the gift card is worth it.

That being said I'm mostly solo so just not a lot of trash and don't need towels everyday. I think it might be different with a family. I know when I travel with family they don't like declining so I end up getting service, but I've actually managed two adults with no service just fine.

Oh and I don't even make my bed at home (I just pull my sheets up to the pillows and I don't lie on the fitted sheets with my street clothes on so not really a problem) so it seems like that may be the sticking point for people.

I think this is a question only you can truly answer for yourself based on how you like your room and how clean/messy it tends to get during your stay.

I will be choosing the gc for our stay as there are just 2 of us and I tend to keep the room picked up normally anyway. If the floors feel a bit gritty I'll be okay wearing shoes and I'm okay if the sink and tub are not cleaned for 5 days.

If you are trying to decide you might best think of your home. Would you be okay not sweeping the floors, cleaning the sinks or bathtub or doing other general 'light' housekeeping for 5 days. If you can do it at home you will probably be okay accepting the gc. If your home in that condition would cause you stress you'll probably want to choose the Mousekeeping as you'll probably enjoy your trip more.

I think this is a question only you can truly answer for yourself based on how you like your room and how clean/messy it tends to get during your stay.

I will be choosing the gc for our stay as there are just 2 of us and I tend to keep the room picked up normally anyway. If the floors feel a bit gritty I'll be okay wearing shoes and I'm okay if the sink and tub are not cleaned for 5 days.

If you are trying to decide you might best think of your home. Would you be okay not sweeping the floors, cleaning the sinks or bathtub or doing other general 'light' housekeeping for 5 days. If you can do it at home you will probably be okay accepting the gc. If your home in that condition would cause you stress you'll probably want to choose the Mousekeeping as you'll probably enjoy your trip more.

I completely agree with @scrappinginontario. DH and I are fine with no Mousekeeping as we are normally neat, don't walk around in bare feet, make our own bed every morning, and don't mind reusing towels (there are usually enough in the room for us to change them out after a couple of days). In fact, we frequently keep the Do Not Disturb sign on the door throughout our stay because we prefer to keep our toiletries, meds, etc. out on the counters and would feel that we need to put them away so that Mousekeeping could clean. But if you like to have clean towels and a professionally made bed and cleaned floor/counters every day, enjoy it! You're on vacation!

Yeah we talked it over and we will just stay as is. We tend to have trash from either desserts we are bring back from our dinners or even any left over dinners. And with what you just said, yeah I cant. I keep the floors clean as well as make sure the bathroom is clean all the time.

I love coming back to a freshly done room when in vacation, it also means not saying to the kids to do their beds. When gc were at 15$ per night, I was really considering dropping mousekeeping for my solo 4 nights stay but to save 30$ total, I am not sure it is worth not having that wow feeling everynight.

WE are arriving at Pop this weekend. I am interested in the gift card over mouse-keeping. How do you opt in to this? When do you know if it's available? I have completed on-line check in. Would I need to stop by the front desk to ask about this, or do you get an email/text, if it's available?

I love coming back to a freshly done room when in vacation, it also means not saying to the kids to do their beds. When gc were at 15$ per night, I was really considering dropping mousekeeping for my solo 4 nights stay but to save 30$ total, I am not sure it is worth not having that wow feeling everynight.

That is what I thought too. It just isn't worth it for us.

This is me too. I'm not a neat freak at home, I'm reasonable but not Vacuumng and cleaning tubs daily. But when I'm on vacation I love coming home to a nice room with beds made. It's a vacation luxury. I work full time and so major housekeeping at home waits till the weekend.

WE are arriving at Pop this weekend. I am interested in the gift card over mouse-keeping. How do you opt in to this? When do you know if it's available? I have completed on-line check in. Would I need to stop by the front desk to ask about this, or do you get an email/text, if it's available?

Yes you would need to stop by the front desk and ask if it is still available and if so you would tell them you want to opt in.

Yes you would need to stop by the front desk and ask if it is still available and if so you would tell them you want to opt in.
Can you still call housekeeper for fresh towels or soap or extra blanket if you opt out of mousekeeping? In my experience these are things we usually need.

Yes, my understanding is that you can still call and request these. I'm not sure if there is a restriction on how often you can call?
We were there for nine days and called about twice, and I would stop by the front desk for extra soap or shampoo. You do get towel service at day three, and day five you get your room cleaned if you are staying longer than seven days.

Booked myself and teen daughter for another Pop trip next summer from June 20-July5! We are so excited and we have never seen July 4 fireworks and we should get a new Pop room then. Just have to pray I get my vacation approved early next March so I don't have to change dates. We hope to get AP which means we will make more than one trip over the year lol. (Last time we had AP we went 3 trips that year from our home in ohio).

Oh I forgot to mention in previous post that we will probably take housekeeping even though for a long trip that will be a big chunk of change. We eat at least breakfast in room daily and my daughter tends to make a mess in her bed with it (somehow - one would think a teen would be neater). They have always changed her sheets when she has had crumbs or small spills on her sheets (again she mortifies me but it is what it is). We keep the room otherwise neat but feel better coming back to a cleaner room on vacation. I don't want to deal with getting rid of trash and getting towels and toiletries while on vacation even if it saves me money.

Yes, my understanding is that you can still call and request these. I'm not sure if there is a restriction on how often you can call?

We opted out of housekeeping for 13 days in August. We ended up calling every day for something. We didn't mean to, it just ended up that way. I kept apologizing every time we called cause I felt guilty for bugging them, but they were so nice and accommodating and they encouraged us to call anytime. They always arrived within five minutes with whatever we needed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!