Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I forgot to mention in previous post that we will probably take housekeeping even though for a long trip that will be a big chunk of change. We eat at least breakfast in room daily and my daughter tends to make a mess in her bed with it (somehow - one would think a teen would be neater). They have always changed her sheets when she has had crumbs or small spills on her sheets (again she mortifies me but it is what it is). We keep the room otherwise neat but feel better coming back to a cleaner room on vacation. I don't want to deal with getting rid of trash and getting towels and toiletries while on vacation even if it saves me money.

We don't know if they'll be offering the housekeeping GC option that far out anyway, so you will be good to go either way!

Also, your note about your daughter reminded me of this. One of my best friends in high school ate in bed all the time, and her sheets always seemed to have a few crumbs. Eventually she put in a bath mat next to her bed so she could just dust all of her crumbs off the bed and onto the mat, then shake it out :rotfl:

We don't know if they'll be offering the housekeeping GC option that far out anyway, so you will be good to go either way!

Also, your note about your daughter reminded me of this. One of my best friends in high school ate in bed all the time, and her sheets always seemed to have a few crumbs. Eventually she put in a bath mat next to her bed so she could just dust all of her crumbs off the bed and onto the mat, then shake it out :rotfl:

That bath mat story is hilarious!

I am so undecided. I would actually like to try a refurbished room.

I now have two reservations.

I already had a preferred room but even if I asked for 70's I don't think building 10 will be ready.

So I looked and for slightly less money I could get a standard pool view (which I could request the 80's).

I hate having two reservations and I want to release it as soon as possible for someone else to use.

Since it's such a short trip I've decided that it won't matter if I'm close to the front or not so it's really all about upping my chances at a refurbished room.

Opinions?

I already had a preferred room but even if I asked for 70's I don't think building 10 will be ready.

So I looked and for slightly less money I could get a standard pool view (which I could request the 80's).

I hate having two reservations and I want to release it as soon as possible for someone else to use.

Since it's such a short trip I've decided that it won't matter if I'm close to the front or not so it's really all about upping my chances at a refurbished room.

Opinions?

If it were me I would choose a refurbished room over a preferred room if you don't mind where it is.

Opinions?

If you don't care about being close to the lobby, keep standard pool view and release the other.

If there's standard available, I'd also switch to that to maximize chance of getting 80s/90s section.

If you don't care about being close to the lobby, keep standard pool view and release the other.

If there's standard available, I'd also switch to that to maximize chance of getting 80s/90s section.

No standard. I considered it fortunate that I got the ones I got because that weekend is super low on availability across the board because of Halloween.

Although just this week a standard room at Sports started showing up available as well, but Sports and PoP are pretty much even as far as desirability for me so I'd rather try to get a new room at PoP.

Looks like I'm going back to Pop next spring. I mentioned to my bestie, who lives in TX-I'm in WA, that I wanted to make a solo May trip happen to celebrate my birthday. Now it's going to be a girl's trip, just her and myself. Haven't booked quite yet as I have to coincide it with the week DS is at 5th grade camp but it's definitely happening. I'm so excited!

I hope all goes well for our check-in as I have the MB's and my son and his family are arriving separately. I'm sure it will be fine, but I always get a bit nervous about screw-ups. One night we had Ohana' booked....9:30 p.m...the only time available. We go to check in and they don't have my reservation. I didn't bring a paper copy, so I had to use my cousin's phone to fine the reservation number. Well, her phone died! Then I tried her husbands phone and come to find out, the reservation was under his name....which only happened because there was a problem with our FP's that a CM had to fix twice, and somehow it changed the reservation from my name to his...talk about a comedy of errors. Anyway that's my sad sack story. Stuff happens, you just got to roll with it.

Oh I forgot to mention in previous post that we will probably take housekeeping even though for a long trip that will be a big chunk of change. We eat at least breakfast in room daily and my daughter tends to make a mess in her bed with it (somehow - one would think a teen would be neater). They have always changed her sheets when she has had crumbs or small spills on her sheets (again she mortifies me but it is what it is). We keep the room otherwise neat but feel better coming back to a cleaner room on vacation. I don't want to deal with getting rid of trash and getting towels and toiletries while on vacation even if it saves me money.

A neat teen? :laughing: Neither of my daughters were very neat as teens. I just had to keep their doors shut!!

What do you think are the odds of getting a renovated room by the end of April? Will there be quite a few rooms completed by then? What is Pop's reputation as far as responsiveness to requests? Thanks!

What do you think are the odds of getting a renovated room by the end of April?

Standard room? Very good. Any other category? Depends on their progress.

Will there be quite a few rooms completed by then?

Supposedly, yes.

What is Pop's reputation as far as responsiveness to requests? Thanks!

Impossible to say. Whether requests get met is 100% dependent on occupancy and how many others requested the same thing. Both of which fluctuate daily.

Anyone stay on a lower floor that was renovated? Is it noisy? I dont want to deal with elevator/stairs but I also dont want to hear someone stomping around all night.

Anyone stay on a lower floor that was renovated? Is it noisy? I dont want to deal with elevator/stairs but I also dont want to hear someone stomping around all night.

We have not but have 2 families we know well that are regular Pop guests. Both families recently had stays in renovated rooms. Both said there was zero difference in noise with the new floors. One was on 1st floor and the other the 2nd. Both saw that they had guests above them.

Last edited:
Standard room? Very good. Any other category? Depends on their progress.

Supposedly, yes.

Impossible to say. Whether requests get met is 100% dependent on occupancy and how many others requested the same thing. Both of which fluctuate daily.
Thank you! Yes, we would want standard so glad to hear there would be a good chance of a renovated room!

Which buildings have been completed (renovated) at POP? Which buildings are currently closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter