Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have not but have 2 families we know well that are regular Pop guests. Both families recently had stays in renovated rooms. Both said there was zero difference in noise with the new floors. One was on 1st floor and the other the 2nd. Both saw that they had guests above them.
I think much depends on the consideration of your neighbours.

Somewhere in these 420 pages probably lurks my answer, and I'm almost positive I saw this somewhere. Is the drink station at the food court open 24 hours? We arrive next Friday and am thinking of getting the refillable mug

Somewhere in these 420 pages probably lurks my answer, and I'm almost positive I saw this somewhere. Is the drink station at the food court open 24 hours? We arrive next Friday and am thinking of getting the refillable mug
Unfortunately,no.

End Zone over at All-Star Sports is the only Value Resort Food Court that has 24/7 access to their Beverage Station.:)

I'm here now, checked in on Thursday, no mention of the housekeeping GC. Is the test over?
I checked in on the 5th, and got the opt out for mousekeeping. $10 per night minus 1 night. If you stay more than six nights you get a full cleaning on day 5. You can call mousekeeping for any other needs in between. You will get an electronic giftcard sent to your email. We checked out on the 19th (Tuesday). You have to ask at the front desk.

Last edited:
I checked in online for our stay last Sunday, 9/17 for 8:30am, so that our magic bands would be ready to use for breakfast dining plan. I got a text around that time saying that my room was not ready and they would text when it was (totally expected). We spent the day at Blizzard Beach and still no room ready text by 5:30pm. I had to go to the desk and it took a manager to intervene and say they didn't have a room, but just wait. I sat there for 10 minutes when they found a room, but told me it needed cleaned. Another 15-20 minutes of waiting and it was finally ready. I didn't complain, but I definitely was disappointed the room was not ready by their own check in time of 3pm or 3 hours later for that matter, and I had to sit in my wet swimsuit for an extra half hour waiting for a room. I guess I expected some sort of this "magic" I hear about at Disney, but nothing magically about just a verbal, "sorry." Is this normal? I really have no desire to stay on property again after spending less on a room at the nearby Marriott that was much nicer and better customer service.

Unfortunately,no.

End Zone over at All-Star Sports is the only Value Resort Food Court that has 24/7 access to their Beverage Station.:)

Ok thanks! Must have been *** I was thinking of. I was following their thread for awhile when I thought I might stay there :rolleyes1

I checked in online for our stay last Sunday, 9/17 for 8:30am, so that our magic bands would be ready to use for breakfast dining plan. I got a text around that time saying that my room was not ready and they would text when it was (totally expected). We spent the day at Blizzard Beach and still no room ready text by 5:30pm. I had to go to the desk and it took a manager to intervene and say they didn't have a room, but just wait. I sat there for 10 minutes when they found a room, but told me it needed cleaned. Another 15-20 minutes of waiting and it was finally ready. I didn't complain, but I definitely was disappointed the room was not ready by their own check in time of 3pm or 3 hours later for that matter, and I had to sit in my wet swimsuit for an extra half hour waiting for a room. I guess I expected some sort of this "magic" I hear about at Disney, but nothing magically about just a verbal, "sorry." Is this normal? I really have no desire to stay on property again after spending less on a room at the nearby Marriott that was much nicer and better customer service.

I'm sorry that you experienced this and your experience was not the norm for Pop or Disney.

please remember that you arrived less than a week after Irna hit and all Disney resorts were at full capacity housing both regular guests plus people (and their pets) who fled their homes when mandatory evacuations were issued.

My guess is that Sun, Sep 17 was a HUGE turnover day for them as many guests who had been staying at Disney probably checked out and attempted to return to their homes...if they had homes left to return to.

Were you inconvenienced? Yes a little but I have a feeling given the circumstances that the staff (many of whom had no power or water in their own homes yet were still going to work) were doing their very best in extenuating circumstances.

Last edited:
Sorry you had that experience. You at least deserved an explanation of why your room wasn’t ready. In addition to a sincere apology. They probably could have handled it a bit better. You can always send an email to Guest Relations although doing this would have been better when it happened.

I think overall the service is usually excellent and the CM's try to accommodate when there is an issue. But like anywhere else, snafu's can happen occasionally.

Attempting to select room requests online for our 11/1 arrival. Both drop down menus are blank. There are no options.

Is this a common issue? Should I just call in my requests?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!