Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
:offtopic:but for those traveling early Feb - FOP has TONS of FP availability, I was playing around in MDE app helping my cousin plan his trip (first ever with DW and DD ) and I have AP so can see 30 days worth, every day is wide open - get them while you CAN!

:offtopic:but for those traveling early Feb - FOP has TONS of FP availability, I was playing around in MDE app helping my cousin plan his trip (first ever with DW and DD ) and I have AP so can see 30 days worth, every day is wide open - get them while you CAN!
Huh, that's strange. I hope that happens for early March!

I imagine this is a ridiculous question but pop isn't walk up, is it? There are elevators? (If so I'd need to ensure a low floor for my mom)

There are elevators in the middle of each building however there are also stairs at the end of each section in all buildings as well. The buildings are only 3 floors up so if you have a room closer to a staircase that's closer to the main building I would take the stairs unless of course you are unable to.

I just hope it is actually H20 products in the bottles and not just some random cheap brand. No way to know since all they do is come in an fill it up now.

There are elevators in the middle of each building however there are also stairs at the end of each section in all buildings as well. The buildings are only 3 floors up so if you have a room closer to a staircase that's closer to the main building I would take the stairs unless of course you are unable to.
Pop is 4 stories high.

Is the Wi-Fi here at Pop usually not so great?
We just checked in and we can barely get a connection in our room or food court.

Is the Wi-Fi here at Pop usually not so great?
We just checked in and we can barely get a connection in our room or food court.
I had an excellent connection when I was there. I would make phone calls home using it because I'm Canadian and didn't want international roaming fees and had great quality. I've heard some areas of the resort are better than others

We're in building 6 on the fourth floor and can't connect to Wi-Fi.
It's not a deal breaker or anything, but on a cold windy night like today it would be nice.

I do need wifi, do you think the CM's will know which building have better reception?

For those there now, how are you dressing for the parks? Does it warm up midday? I have no clue what to pack!

We were there over New Year's and Marathon week and the weather was similar to what it is now. It never really gets "warm" with the wind. So layer, layer, layer. That way, if you go indoors for an attraction or it is warm in the sun, you can take off a layer or two if you need to. I always run warm and I was always so cold. Especially in the shade or if the wind kicks up. Not much heat inside of attractions, etc.
We wore jeans or leggings/yoga pants, closed toed shoes (Ok, so can I tell you how many people had flip flops on? lol, my feet were cold just looking at them!), a lightweight long sleeve shirt and then sweatshirt or light weight fleece jacket. On really cold days, rainjacket over sweatshirt or fleece to cut the wind. My DDs wore their winter coats on colder days and scarf (DD was the smartest with a blanket scarf), lightweight stretchy gloves and a beanie. Those were our perfect layers so that if it warmed up (which it didn't) we could lighten up. Otherwise, we were never really "warm" but somewhat comfortable. Be prepared for everything. Just bring a few items for cold and warm. We were always layered so no one really saw what we were wearing, so we didn't care if we wore it a few times. We did have access to a washer/dryer because we stayed in DVC which was a lifesaver since we wore none of our lightweight/warm weather clothes. I'm glad we had all that, because if we had to buy while on property, there were really slim options. If you do need to find clothes, Uniqlo in Disney Springs is great to find more affordable real world clothing. Hope that helps a little!

We were there over New Year's and Marathon week and the weather was similar to what it is now. It never really gets "warm" with the wind. So layer, layer, layer. That way, if you go indoors for an attraction or it is warm in the sun, you can take off a layer or two if you need to. I always run warm and I was always so cold. Especially in the shade or if the wind kicks up. Not much heat inside of attractions, etc.
We wore jeans or leggings/yoga pants, closed toed shoes (Ok, so can I tell you how many people had flip flops on? lol, my feet were cold just looking at them!), a lightweight long sleeve shirt and then sweatshirt or light weight fleece jacket. On really cold days, rainjacket over sweatshirt or fleece to cut the wind. My DDs wore their winter coats on colder days and scarf (DD was the smartest with a blanket scarf), lightweight stretchy gloves and a beanie. Those were our perfect layers so that if it warmed up (which it didn't) we could lighten up. Otherwise, we were never really "warm" but somewhat comfortable. Be prepared for everything. Just bring a few items for cold and warm. We were always layered so no one really saw what we were wearing, so we didn't care if we wore it a few times. We did have access to a washer/dryer because we stayed in DVC which was a lifesaver since we wore none of our lightweight/warm weather clothes. I'm glad we had all that, because if we had to buy while on property, there were really slim options. If you do need to find clothes, Uniqlo in Disney Springs is great to find more affordable real world clothing. Hope that helps a little!

Thanks it's very helpful.

I've been there in Feb when it's 32 degrees for a few days then later in the week warmed up to 85.

This year is record cold. We're usually ok with fleece jackets, but this year I think we'll need our lighter weight winter coats. (In NY, we have heavy down and lightweight down!). The only thing I've packed is a pouch full of winter hats & gloves - just in case.

Thanks it's very helpful.

I've been there in Feb when it's 32 degrees for a few days then later in the week warmed up to 85.

This year is record cold. We're usually ok with fleece jackets, but this year I think we'll need our lighter weight winter coats. (In NY, we have heavy down and lightweight down!). The only thing I've packed is a pouch full of winter hats & gloves - just in case.
I was there Jan 7-12. I wore keens, shorts and short sleeve t shirts most of the days. I did have jeans, long sleeves and fleece with me, but I only wore them a couple times. Though I was prepared to, I didn't need to layer.

For those there now, how are you dressing for the parks? Does it warm up midday? I have no clue what to pack!

I'm with you! When I woke up the temp was showing that it felt like -4oC. Trying to figure out if we might need our winter coats but hoping not! Looks like it might warm up before our trip in 9 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!