Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone eating here at Pop on the DP been able to get one of the alcoholic milkshakes as your drink?
That's a good question, since the dining plan has changed to give you the option of an alcoholic or speciality beverage instead of a regular fountain drink. I'm not really a big drinker myself, but I wouldn't mind trying a drink a meal or too. We only have the QS dining for our upcoming trips in July and December so I don't think a lot of QS restaurants offer alcoholic drinks but it may be an option at POP one evening.

Last edited:
So EXCITED to be going back to the world and staying at Pop! Does anyone know if there is a spot at the pool bar to fill up the refillable mugs? My wife and I are hard core soda addicts...

So EXCITED to be going back to the world and staying at Pop! Does anyone know if there is a spot at the pool bar to fill up the refillable mugs? My wife and I are hard core soda addicts...
I’ll be honest and say I don’t know the answer to your question. What I do know is that the soda stations in the food court are probably not much more than a 1 minute walk from Petals Pool Bar.

Welcome to the DIS!!! :welcome:

Call the Main Reservations line, provide the CM with the reservation numbers of all parties, ask the CM to link the reservations as "traveling with" and then ask to have a request entered on each reservation to be near each other.

It's possible. Just realize the more requests made the harder to get them granted. So just list them in order of preference.

Requests can be made any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days before you arrive. When within that time frame makes no difference.

Thanks for the information!

One thing I didn't realize before hand, was he went through a TA (AAA) and I booked directly through Disney. Will that present a problem when trying to get rooms near eachother? From what I read, the process for making requests is a little different if you book via a TA vs Disney.

Can someone post if you can buy cases of water at the food court?

I order a case of water from Staples.com for $8.99. If you sign up for their free rewards program, you get free shipping. I place the order one week from check in.

I prefer to order from Staples as we don't like Florida spring water. Staples ensures we can receive a case of Dasani or Nestle Pure Life. If you order Poland Springs (which is regional) you could get zephyrhills.

I order a case of water from Staples.com for $8.99. If you sign up for their free rewards program, you get free shipping. I place the order one week from check in.

I prefer to order from Staples as we don't like Florida spring water. Staples ensures we can receive a case of Dasani or Nestle Pure Life. If you order Poland Springs (which is regional) you could get zephyrhills.
I didn’t even know staples sold water.

I didn’t even know staples sold water.

Can’t take credit for this. Discovered it here a few years ago. There was a thread about shipping water to the resorts. I believe Walmart & Costco used to deliver too. Staples has worked for us.

Popping back in with a question on room requests. I am leaning towards 70s, lake view as our request. We have a 2.5 and 6 YO in tow. Our priority is refurb room, relatively close to main hall, relatively close to a pool (as in, less than 5 min walk). Does this sound like a good spot? We have a standard room booked.

Also I have read that some folks can have a limited fireworks view from the property, does anyone know of a good spot to check them out? I understand it definitely won't be like being in the parks, but we have early bird kids so will only make it to MK to view once.

Popping back in with a question on room requests. I am leaning towards 70s, lake view as our request. We have a 2.5 and 6 YO in tow. Our priority is refurb room, relatively close to main hall, relatively close to a pool (as in, less than 5 min walk). Does this sound like a good spot? We have a standard room booked.

Also I have read that some folks can have a limited fireworks view from the property, does anyone know of a good spot to check them out? I understand it definitely won't be like being in the parks, but we have early bird kids so will only make it to MK to view once.

The best place to see the fireworks is from the bridge between POP and AoA! There are also rooms on the 4th floor of building 3 facing Epcot that can give you views of the fireworks. None of the fireworks are of MK, NW facing rooms can get you a distant view of Epcot fireworks and sw facing rooms can get you a distant view of the HS fireworks.

I don't know about viewing the fireworks but I can comment on your other question. 70s lake view is exactly what we had on our last trip and it was perfect. Quiet and a very short walk to the main building. I'm requesting it again for our upcoming trip in March.

I don't know about viewing the fireworks but I can comment on your other question. 70s lake view is exactly what we had on our last trip and it was perfect. Quiet and a very short walk to the main building. I'm requesting it again for our upcoming trip in March.
I did 70s and highest floor. Should I change highest floor to lake view?

The best place to see the fireworks is from the bridge between POP and AoA! There are also rooms on the 4th floor of building 3 facing Epcot that can give you views of the fireworks. None of the fireworks are of MK, NW facing rooms can get you a distant view of Epcot fireworks and sw facing rooms can get you a distant view of the HS fireworks.

Has anyone tried to view the fireworks from the bridge now that the walls are up for the Gondola construction? We normally stay in building 4, lake facing and I seem to think the fireworks would be in the direction that the walls are for the gondola construction.

Oooo...new Disney bucket list item: Eventually be on the gondola system during one of the firework shows for a new viewing experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!