Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What floor were you on? I’m thinking about requesting a top floor.

I have stayed in two top floor rooms and two ground floor rooms and didn’t think either was particularly noisy. In both I would hear a faint sound of toilet flushing, but that was about it. Noise in a hotel is more often about your neighbors and less about location. I have had really noisy neighbors in some of the deluxes.

I apologize if this has been asked already...but does anyone know what buildings are closest to the Gondola construction? Thanks!

For some reason I thought the construction was only on one side of the bridge (by the 50s & 60s area)?

Also, I just got bombarded with 4 emails from Disney/POP telling me about the gondola construction. Has anyone else gotten these? They are all the same.

I apologize if this has been asked already...but does anyone know what buildings are closest to the Gondola construction? Thanks!
The access to the Gondolas will be from Generation Gap bridge close to the two 60’s buildings. They win also run behind buildings 2 and 3 of the 50’s section.

Last edited:
Also, I just got bombarded with 4 emails from Disney/POP telling me about the gondola construction. Has anyone else gotten these? They are all the same.

Do you mind sharing what they said? My reservation isn't until September and I haven't gotten anything about the gondolas. Are they by any chance offering gift cards to compensate for the possible noise/disturbance all the work may cause? I know they did that at CBR when construction there started to ramp up (but they don't anymore).

Do you mind sharing what they said? My reservation isn't until September and I haven't gotten anything about the gondolas. Are they by any chance offering gift cards to compensate for the possible noise/disturbance all the work may cause? I know they did that at CBR when construction there started to ramp up (but they don't anymore).
I was at Pop in Jan and was near the gondola construction and it wasn’t loud. I don’t remember hearing much if anything.

I don’t think it’s fair to choose to stay at a resort where you know construction us taking place and yet request compensation. If you’re that concerned you may want to consider changing to another resort as your trip is still months away.

I don’t think it’s fair to choose to stay at a resort where you know construction us taking place and yet request compensation. If you’re that concerned you may want to consider changing to another resort as your trip is still months away.

Not requesting or expecting anything at all! :) But I certainly wouldn't turn it down if it came up.

Sure, I got this in e-mail 4x within a few mins of each other:

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us at Disney's Pop Century Resort!

Walt Disney once spoke of how his creations would never be complete as long as there is imagination left in the world. It is in this spirit that we have embarked on creating a new transportation system, Disney Skyliner, which will give Guests a bird’s-eye view of Walt Disney World® Resort while traveling via gondolas. This transportation system will connect future Guests of Disney's Pop Century Resort with Disney’s Hollywood Studios®, the International Gateway at Epcot® and other Resorts.

While we work our magic, the Resort will be in full operation with all amenities available to you, including our dining, merchandise and recreation locations. It is possible that you may see or hear construction, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00am. We apologize for any inconvenience this work may cause and appreciate your patience and understanding. Please know we are making every effort to ensure your comfort and enjoyment.

If you have questions or need assistance prior to your arrival, please contact your travel agent directly.

Sure, I got this in e-mail 4x within a few mins of each other:

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us at Disney's Pop Century Resort!

Walt Disney once spoke of how his creations would never be complete as long as there is imagination left in the world. It is in this spirit that we have embarked on creating a new transportation system, Disney Skyliner, which will give Guests a bird’s-eye view of Walt Disney World® Resort while traveling via gondolas. This transportation system will connect future Guests of Disney's Pop Century Resort with Disney’s Hollywood Studios®, the International Gateway at Epcot® and other Resorts.

While we work our magic, the Resort will be in full operation with all amenities available to you, including our dining, merchandise and recreation locations. It is possible that you may see or hear construction, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00am. We apologize for any inconvenience this work may cause and appreciate your patience and understanding. Please know we are making every effort to ensure your comfort and enjoyment.

If you have questions or need assistance prior to your arrival, please contact your travel agent directly.
I got the same thing, and also got 4 copies of it within a few minutes of each other.

Are they by any chance offering gift cards to compensate for the possible noise/disturbance all the work may cause?

They are not.

I know they did that at CBR when construction there started to ramp up (but they don't anymore).

They did at CBR because they removed the food court, table service restaurant, arcade, gift shop and pool bar. The gift card compensation was to make up for basic amenities being removed, not construction noise or disturbance.

I got the same thing, and also got 4 copies of it within a few minutes of each other.

That makes me feel better. I modified our reservation by adding a day and then called two more times to inquire about a dining plan and I was hoping all the calls didn't mess with my reservation. Thank you for the info.

I haven't gotten any emails either, and my trip is in less than 3 weeks! Strange.:confused3

In the real world, yes strange. But it's completely normal in Disney's world for some to get emailed, some to get many of the same email, some to get emails about resorts they're not booked at and yet some who get nothing .

Can anyone tell me there thoughts about staying at the 80's section. How did they like it? Is it close to the buses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter