Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me there thoughts about staying at the 80's section. How did they like it? Is it close to the buses?
. We stayed in the 80’s section, building 7 in January and personally we didn’t enjoy it due to the distance to Classic Hall. (would have been a great spot if we had a car!).

It wasn’t too far from the buses when we cut through the parking lot ( not our preference but saving steps) but in the evening we often went to Classic Hall to fill up our mugs and the looong walk back to the room after long days in the park was not enjoyable. It also removed our option of using the AoA buses as the walk would have been far tooooo long!

Next trip I hope we’re back in out favourite section - the 60’s.

I haven't gotten any emails, I wonder if it's because our trip isn't until August
We are there from 7/28-8/4, so we're there in August as well, and I got the multiple email deal.
Like Dan's Dad said, Disney's IT department works in strange ways.

Can anyone tell me there thoughts about staying at the 80's section. How did they like it? Is it close to the buses?

I stayed in building 7 / 80's during my February visit this year; I put in a request for 80's to be sure to get an updated room. Plus with a rental car, that building was a good location because it's convenient to the parking lot. I wouldn't say it's convenient to the buses and Classic Hall, although the walk to and from wasn't as burdensome as I remembered from my 2008 stay in building 8 / 90's.

We liked the section and we were in a standard pool room (despite booking standard), and so we enjoyed the Computer Pool too.

But, with a preference to be closer to buses and Classic Hall, my default request is building 1 in the 50's section (when reserving a standard room in particular). I find that location a good compromise among proximity to buses (with a shortcut from the 50's around the front of Classic Hall, vs. going through the main area), proximity to parking, and a pool. But for this last trip I didn't request 50's because I wanted a new room.

Does Pop still have rollaway beds for $15/night? I have 2 teens that can't share a bed so in the past we'd always pay for the rollaway but now with the renovations it doesn't look like there would be room for a rollaway or even an air mattress.
I've been wondering the same thing, but from the youtube videos, there wouldn't be any room. I am going to look at shipping an airmattress from amazon. Should fit on the floor going into the bathroom. The trundle seems to come out a bit further than the other queen bed, taking up most space on that side of the room.

Hi all, so I'm looking at taking my 2 DD's on just a Daddy/daughter trip this fall (DW is going to NY with grandma). We've stayed at POR and AOA our last family trips. Loved both, but how is PC for younger kids? And what buildings would you suggest putting in a request for? Only 2 park days and the rest pool time. Thank you for any thoughts you have.

Hi all, so I'm looking at taking my 2 DD's on just a Daddy/daughter trip this fall (DW is going to NY with grandma). We've stayed at POR and AOA our last family trips. Loved both, but how is PC for younger kids? And what buildings would you suggest putting in a request for? Only 2 park days and the rest pool time. Thank you for any thoughts you have.

The hippy dippy pool is a lot of fun. My daughter has always loved participating in the activities at the pool. If being close to the Hippy Dippy Pool is a priority they have the Preferred Pool View rooms -- personally, I would go with the Preferred room category -- you would still be close to the pool, but avoid some of the traffic/noise. We've been preferred pool twice and while the noise didn't keep us awake, it was noticeable. For our upcoming August trip, I have a preferred room booked and am hoping to be in the 70s section.

I've been wondering the same thing, but from the youtube videos, there wouldn't be any room. I am going to look at shipping an airmattress from amazon. Should fit on the floor going into the bathroom. The trundle seems to come out a bit further than the other queen bed, taking up most space on that side of the room.

This information was posted by @mommykds on the Pop Renovations thread:
2 adults, 2 teens. We stayed in new room last summer. The plan was to have DS sleep on air mattress, DH & I in queen, DD in murphy. There was no way an air mattress would fit in any of the wall floor spaces. There is little floor space at all when the murphy bed is down. None between the beds. Near the door there was not enough room unless you wanted to be under the murphy bed. Since my teens don't sleep in the same bed (different sexes) so the new rooms weren't an upgrade for us. I prefer the old layout where you could move the table and chairs if needed.

You may want to save your money on the purchasing and shipping of an air mattress to Pop as I have yet to hear of anyone who has successfully found a way to use an air mattress in the refurbished rooms.

The hippy dippy pool is a lot of fun. My daughter has always loved participating in the activities at the pool. If being close to the Hippy Dippy Pool is a priority they have the Preferred Pool View rooms -- personally, I would go with the Preferred room category -- you would still be close to the pool, but avoid some of the traffic/noise. We've been preferred pool twice and while the noise didn't keep us awake, it was noticeable. For our upcoming August trip, I have a preferred room booked and am hoping to be in the 70s section.

Thank you so much for this. I know my girls loved playing the games at the AOA pool last time with the CM's. So that makes a lot of sense. I think they did have some preferred rooms available still, but no Pool side ones. Do they have anything like movies under the stars or other things like that for the kids? That's another thing they enjoyed.

Thank you so much for this. I know my girls loved playing the games at the AOA pool last time with the CM's. So that makes a lot of sense. I think they did have some preferred rooms available still, but no Pool side ones. Do they have anything like movies under the stars or other things like that for the kids? That's another thing they enjoyed.
Yes, Pop has movies under the stars and many pool side activities, similar to AoA.

I was wondering if the dresser could be scooted down to allow room for an air mattress. I’ve read that the tv is mounted to the wall but the dresser is not.

Last edited:
I was wondering if the dresser could be scooted down to allow room for an air mattress. I’ve ready that the tv is mounted to the wall but the dresser is not.
Not quite a bed but a self-inflating camping pad meant to go under sleeping bags could be an alternative solution depending on the size/type of sleepers the teens are.

How do you go about putting in preferences ? We check in next week with a preferred ... hoping that’s enough to be near enough to classics hall/busses since we’re there for race weekend

Just leaving some Pop love here! Pop was the first resort we ever stayed at and will always feel like home to us. So much so that I added it to my Disney sleeve! :lovestruc

20180330_142439.jpg

SmartSelect_20180413-100424_Instagram.jpg

How do you go about putting in preferences ?

Call the Main Reservations line and add any room requests to your reservation. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

This has probably been asked before but I haven't found a definite answer.

Is there plenty of room for 2 adults and 2 teens with the new beds? The teens will share a bed as long as its big enough.
Our trip will be sometime towards the end of the year so I'm assuming all rooms will be renovated with the new bed layout by then.
Our last trip was at Caribbean Beach with 2 queens which worked out fine but appears we will be priced out of moderates this trip.
Love Pop from earlier trips but we didn't have the girls with us on those trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter