Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, my girlfriend and I are currently booked at ASMo. I’ve been checking here and there to see if any availability opened at Pop, and I found a standard room! Only issue is it’s about $200 difference. My question is, if I want to change our reservation, is it best to do so over the phone or online? Since we have a longer trip this time I think it might be nice to (possibly) get a refurb room. Thanks!
If I can avoid calling I will always do it on my own online. I personally just don't like calling them. However, if you want to add refurb room as a request you might want to call.

I was just reading another thread where the person had grocery delivery to Pop but the refrigerater was not cold enough for dairy products and they had to throw away food. He said it could not be turned colder and it was just a beverage cooler. He called maintenance and they said the same. This is the first I have heard this reported and want to hear others experience. I don’t know if it was a refurb’d room but I know the old fridges had a control on the back. I have not seen the new in person yet.

I was just reading another thread where the person had grocery delivery to Pop but the refrigerater was not cold enough for dairy products and they had to throw away food. He said it could not be turned colder and it was just a beverage cooler. He called maintenance and they said the same. This is the first I have heard this reported and want to hear others experience. I don’t know if it was a refurb’d room but I know the old fridges had a control on the back. I have not seen the new in person yet.

The new fridges don't have a temp control but if they're not defective they keep things plenty cold. They are actual fridges. Beverage cooler is a marketing term for fridges whose interiors are designed to hold cans and bottles only.

I have heard (second hand, not personal experience) that the fridges don’t work as well if they are suddenly filled with a lot of room temp items and expected to cool them. They are better to put 1. Items that need to remain in a cooled state and a few items that you want cooled from a room temp state. E.g. they work better to cool a few bottles of water at a time and then add more/replace used ones rather than suddenly filling the fridge with a case of 24 bottles of water and expect it to cool them all at the same time.

Just like any fridge, there needs to be room for the air to circulate.

So, my girlfriend and I are currently booked at ASMo. I’ve been checking here and there to see if any availability opened at Pop, and I found a standard room! Only issue is it’s about $200 difference. My question is, if I want to change our reservation, is it best to do so over the phone or online? Since we have a longer trip this time I think it might be nice to (possibly) get a refurb room. Thanks!

I've been happy with the new-ish features/abilities to make changes to my reservations online. For my next trip I was able to make a change from a rack rate to a special offer rate, without calling. I can also see where I could update my reservation to change resorts. So based on that recent (good) experience, I'd say use online and see if you can make the changes you want.

My visit isn't until October. When do you typically do online check in?

I arrive Oct. 28th and have already been able to start the process, and it actually allowed me to start it some time ago. I have a room only right now since I am upgrading to an AP during my May trip so I am not sure if that affects it or not.

Thanks dansdad and scrappinginontario that is what I thought. I am guessing that person’s fridge was not working. I plan to put already cold items in it link milk and some yogurts. Not planning on putting room temp items in it.

You can make your online requests anytime form now up until 3 or 4 days before your visit. When you make you requests has no baring on what you are assigned is my understanding.
Thank you! If I am correct, all rooms will be refurbished by then and no need to request a "new" room?

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find.

1) If planning to rope drop FOP, what time does the first bus leave Pop for AK? Trying to figure out if we'd be better off driving to AK.

2) Now that drivers have to pay for resort parking, how is that figured in....will it be automatically added on on the Disney website or will it be added on when we arrive? I've been checking prices, but I don't see a question asking if I'll be driving. I just can't figure out how they're doing this.

Thanks!

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find.

1) If planning to rope drop FOP, what time does the first bus leave Pop for AK? Trying to figure out if we'd be better off driving to AK.

2) Now that drivers have to pay for resort parking, how is that figured in....will it be automatically added on on the Disney website or will it be added on when we arrive? I've been checking prices, but I don't see a question asking if I'll be driving. I just can't figure out how they're doing this.

Thanks!

1. Buses should start rolling around 6:30am. We rope dropped FoP in January on a 9am park opening. We arrived at the Pop bus area around 7:10 and there was either a bus waiting or one arrived by 7:15. We were at AK by 7:30 and within the first 30 or so in line at our tap stile. I would do that again but would not go any later as the crowds quickly grew behind us.

2. I have heard that it is added to your room charges before check out. If someone knows differently for sure, please advise.

Hi! I have two rooms reserved for two nights for an upcoming trip (2 adults/2 kids in one room, 2 adults in the other). I decided to add a night but only need one room because 1 adult won't be there yet. I booked through a travel agent who said she can't modify the reservation because the same people won't be in the same room the whole time (it sounded like magic bands have complicated things). She said she could link it but couldn't guarantee that we could keep the room the next day. From what I can tell, it's the same price either way. I'm not looking to cheat the system, but I don't want both groups to have to move the next day...so I guess I'm just looking for any suggestions or advice. I don't want to stress about it!

ETA: okay I don't think it's the same price, but what if I modify the reservation for one of the groups and then go add two people in person when we check in?

Last edited:
How old are the children? Max capacity for a pop room is 4 people although possibly you can add a baby?

yeah one is a baby. It'll be snug for sure but I'm trying to figure out if I can modify one reservation and then add the extra people in person rather than have to create a brand new reservation for one night without a guarantee that one of the groups could stay for the rest of the trip...

1. Buses should start rolling around 6:30am. We rope dropped FoP in January on a 9am park opening. We arrived at the Pop bus area around 7:10 and there was either a bus waiting or one arrived by 7:15. We were at AK by 7:30 and within the first 30 or so in line at our tap stile. I would do that again but would not go any later as the crowds quickly grew behind us.

2. I have heard that it is added to your room charges before check out. If someone knows differently for sure, please advise.

Thank you for this information!

I was reading that too and was going to call and see if anyone could tell me what exactly was up with those. We have a 2 year old and were planning to have milk and yogurt for her as well but now I’m worried they won’t stay cold enough to not spoil.

If would be super awesome if someone staying there now or soon could take a photo of it, maybe a model number or number? I’d feel better getting accurate info from the manufacturer on how cold it should be.

I was reading that too and was going to call and see if anyone could tell me what exactly was up with those. We have a 2 year old and were planning to have milk and yogurt for her as well but now I’m worried they won’t stay cold enough to not spoil.

If would be super awesome if someone staying there now or soon could take a photo of it, maybe a model number or number? I’d feel better getting accurate info from the manufacturer on how cold it should be.
I believe the person who had trouble either had a defective fridge or, put too many warm items in and clogged it so that the air could not circulate.

I'm sure if you ask, many who have stayed in the new rooms have had things in the fridge that stayed plenty cold during their stay! I January we used our fridge throughout the trip with zero problems at all.

We used our fridge in March and didn’t have any problems. The only things we put in the fridge were drinks and they all stayed cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter