Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fridge didn't feel that cold when I opened it to put some small snacks in there. But the snacks ended up getting cold pretty quickly.

We used our fridge in March and didn’t have any problems. The only things we put in the fridge were drinks and they all stayed cold.
But there is bottle of water cold and then there is safe food storage temp cold. 40-50 degree is fine for a bottle of water but milk and yogurt have to be stored at 34-40. Once you hit 41 you are in the danger zone and the last thing I want is a toddler with food poisoning!

But there is bottle of water cold and then there is safe food storage temp cold. 40-50 degree is fine for a bottle of water but milk and yogurt have to be stored at 34-40. Once you hit 41 you are in the danger zone and the last thing I want is a toddler with food poisoning!
I had chocolate milk in our fridge

Why wouldn't you see if it works first? Open the door. Is it cold? You're good!

There is only 1 person here who said they had trouble that I've heard of.

That’s exactly what I meant. On the off chance it isn’t cold I would have someone fix it. Off chance means sight chance. If it isn’t cold means if it is not cold. I wouldn’t have someone fix it if it was cold and I would see if it was cold first. I’m sorry it wasn’t clear. I didn’t plan to call to have it repaired if I didn’t check it first.

Just buy UHT or "shelf safe" milk. They do not have to be refrigerated until opened. We don't drink a lot of milk, so i keep some single serve cartons in the fridge for cooking purposes. Once opened, shelf safe milk needs to be refrigerated just like regular milk, so I buy the smaller sizes.
This option might work for you. Just a thought.

If I request (and I know it is only a request) my room to be near transportation, where would that put me? Is there a certain area or could it be various places?

I was reading that too and was going to call and see if anyone could tell me what exactly was up with those. We have a 2 year old and were planning to have milk and yogurt for her as well but now I’m worried they won’t stay cold enough to not spoil.

If would be super awesome if someone staying there now or soon could take a photo of it, maybe a model number or number? I’d feel better getting accurate info from the manufacturer on how cold it should be.

We've stayed in the refurbished rooms twice. No issues with the fridge. We kept dairy products (milk and yogurt) as well as my daughter's medication, which must be kept refrigerated, in it with no difficulty. It kept these things things as cool as our refrigerator at home.

That’s exactly what I meant. On the off chance it isn’t cold I would have someone fix it. Off chance means sight chance. If it isn’t cold means if it is not cold. I wouldn’t have someone fix it if it was cold and I would see if it was cold first. I’m sorry it wasn’t clear. I didn’t plan to call to have it repaired if I didn’t check it first.
Your original post was crystal clear...at least it was to me.

Just buy UHT or "shelf safe" milk. They do not have to be refrigerated until opened. We don't drink a lot of milk, so i keep some single serve cartons in the fridge for cooking purposes. Once opened, shelf safe milk needs to be refrigerated just like regular milk, so I buy the smaller sizes.
This option might work for you. Just a thought.

That’s plan B but it is expensive and my daughter doesn’t like it. We waste too much.

Can anyone tell me there thoughts about staying at the 80's section. How did they like it? Is it close to the buses?

We just came back from a stay in building 9 of the 80s. I was pleasantly surprised at how close we were to everything. I mean, sure it was a 4-5 minute walk to the busses or food court, but we short cutted via the parking lot and it was fine. We stayed in room 9461, top floor, partial lake view. It was really quiet.

I was just reading another thread where the person had grocery delivery to Pop but the refrigerater was not cold enough for dairy products and they had to throw away food. He said it could not be turned colder and it was just a beverage cooler. He called maintenance and they said the same. This is the first I have heard this reported and want to hear others experience. I don’t know if it was a refurb’d room but I know the old fridges had a control on the back. I have not seen the new in person yet.

We stored a 2L milk in our fridge as well as multiple yogurts, fruits, drinks etc. It was fine. My toddler survived. :) Like most bar-type fridges, it works best when you put cold items in. Make sure the dial is turned to high.

If I request (and I know it is only a request) my room to be near transportation, where would that put me? Is there a certain area or could it be various places?

I would say it could be various places. Technically 60s is probably closest, but we had under a 5 minute walk from the 80s going along the parking lot side of the building. Personally I'd go with another request besides close to transport.

The person who mentioned his didn’t get cold enough said there was no dial or setting to change. Did you stay in a refurbished room?

We just came back from a stay in building 9 of the 80s. I was pleasantly surprised at how close we were to everything. I mean, sure it was a 4-5 minute walk to the busses or food court, but we short cutted via the parking lot and it was fine. We stayed in room 9461, top floor, partial lake view. It was really quiet.

We stored a 2L milk in our fridge as well as multiple yogurts, fruits, drinks etc. It was fine. My toddler survived. :) Like most bar-type fridges, it works best when you put cold items in. Make sure the dial is turned to high.

My fridge didn't feel that cold when I opened it to put some small snacks in there. But the snacks ended up getting cold pretty quickly.

I found that too, when I first open fridge I can’t tell if it’s working or not! Odd.

Have a look at Resort map on page 1 to see where things are. There are several locations that would be close to busses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter