Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all :) We are staying at POP for the 1st time this July-August. It's also the first time we are doing Disney with our 2 year old daughter. We have a preferred room and I think we are going to request for the 70s as I want to be close to things, but not where there is a lot of noise.

Given we have a 2 year old with us...would it be annoying having a top floor room as opposed to a bottom floor due to lugging around her stroller? I am a light sleeper and like the idea of not having anyone above us. Also, does the AC work well on those top floor rooms?

TIA!

Hi all :) We are staying at POP for the 1st time this July-August. It's also the first time we are doing Disney with our 2 year old daughter. We have a preferred room and I think we are going to request for the 70s as I want to be close to things, but not where there is a lot of noise.

Given we have a 2 year old with us...would it be annoying having a top floor room as opposed to a bottom floor due to lugging around her stroller? I am a light sleeper and like the idea of not having anyone above us. Also, does the AC work well on those top floor rooms?

TIA!

Pop tends to be quiet except for the rooms that face directly onto the pools.

There are elevators in the centre of each building so it's easy to get a stroller to any room you're in. I've never had AC problems in any room and we've stayed on all floors.

TIA!
I don't think the stroller would be much of an issue since there are elevators. I've never stayed on a top floor but I see many reports of ppl being happy with their top floor rooms.

I always ask for a ground floor when we travel because I feel bad dragging a stroller around (and little feet running around) above someone else.

Pop tends to be quiet except for the rooms that face directly onto the pools.

There are elevators in the centre of each building so it's easy to get a stroller to any room you're in. I've never had AC problems in any room and we've stayed on all floors.

That is good to know, thank you. My only concern with a ground floor room is hearing people above us.

I always ask for a ground floor when we travel because I feel bad dragging a stroller around (and little feet running around) above someone else.
We have stayed at Pop more than 20 times and I can honestly say I've never heard feet running above us. Occasionally we hear a bit of noise from a room next door but that isn't often either.

Yup, I'm torn in between both of these lol Don't want to deal with lugging around the stroller/ hopping on & off elevators, but I also don't want to hear people above us. I am the only light sleeper in the family (and wear ear plugs to bed), so I think we should be okay on the ground floor. We're 99 days away from our trip, I am feeling the need to contemplate things till we can focus on fast pass +s haha

I don't think a stroller would be too much noise! I'm a very light sleeper and wasn't bothered by people going by our room since it was so brief. The people above our room were very noisy, however, and I would consider requesting a top floor in the future. Every night they got back around midnight and I could hear several children running and jumping above us for at least an hour, so for me avoiding that might outweigh the inconvenience of having to use the elevators. It's honestly just luck I think, since last year we went and had no trouble with the people above us...the people next to us were a different story though!

Given we have a 2 year old with us...would it be annoying having a top floor room as opposed to a bottom floor due to lugging around her stroller?

Back in the stroller days I enjoyed the convenience of being in a ground floor room -- so easy to just open the door and go. So I'd always request a ground floor room. Even today post-stroller, I like the ground floor rooms for that little extra time saved not using the elevator or stairs.

I don't know if anyone has noticed but the informational photos on page 1 of this thread have expired or are not showing up.
I am working on a new thread. Just waiting for the room renovations to be completed as right now there is too much conflicting information. (2 double beds vs. 2 queen beds; coffee maker vs no coffee maker, etc.)

I started the thread in Word with updated information and will publish it once the renovations are complete so probably late this summer, early fall.

I am working on a new thread. Just waiting for the room renovations to be completed as right now there is too much conflicting information. (2 double beds vs. 2 queen beds; coffee maker vs no coffee maker, etc.)

I started the thread in Word with updated information and will publish it once the renovations are complete so probably late this summer, early fall.

:cool1: :banana: :worship:

Good Morning Pop Fans!
I’ve never stayed at this resort but have plans to bring a group next spring. Is it correct that all updated rooms will have queen beds, mini fridge and coffee maker? Any rumors of keurig rather than the other single serve type? Thanks!

Good Morning Pop Fans!
I’ve never stayed at this resort but have plans to bring a group next spring. Is it correct that all updated rooms will have queen beds, mini fridge and coffee maker? Any rumors of keurig rather than the other single serve type? Thanks!
Yes they all have queens, except for the king bed rooms with mini fridge and coffee maker. The coffee makers aren’t keurigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter